305 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Kitson wants out

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2008 22:42

PEARCEY
SpaceCruiser And Wales surely isn't north, it's, well, west. :|

North Wales is certainly in the north.

DIRK No way is Cheshire part of the Midlands. You are having a laff.

To be fair Cheshire is the one I had the least confidence in - that's the most borderline. Stockport is in the North, but Chester is virtually Wales. I'm happy to class Cheshire as "Welsh Borders."

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2008 23:18

Dirk Gently
PEARCEY

To be fair Cheshire is the one I had the least confidence in - that's the most borderline. Stockport is in the North, but Chester is virtually Wales. I'm happy to class Cheshire as "Welsh Borders."

I don't think the residents of the bits of Cheshire south of Stockport regard it as the North. That's where peasants live.

All I know is that for the purposes of this season, everywhere is South for me.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Oct 2008 23:27

KLF is the only authority on the towns in the North.

Pay attention.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtSdJaPC ... re=related

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 21 Oct 2008 02:00

Born in the North, moved South

Thank thefucking Lord

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Oct 2008 10:39

I suspect that the further north you live, the further north the south begins for you and vice versa...I hope that makes sense.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Oct 2008 11:34

I think the cultural North and South is almost as important as the geographical boundaries. Still not sure where the dividing line is.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 21 Oct 2008 12:59

Funny hearing Stoke fans blaming Pulis for playing Kitson out of positon.

How many times in the 2nd half of last season did we see the bench going mad at him for being to deep and not getting in the box? Seems like he's getting what he wants now. He should have scored the 2nd Stoke goal at the weekend, when you see the replay you realise he gets in the box late cause he starts so deep.

Not sure if Stoke's north, just full of people who wish they were Scousers/Mancs. Which is pretty sad really.....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson to return ?

by Royal Rother » 21 Oct 2008 16:14

thefruits By the way.. Am I the only one thinking that if we had Lita available yesterday rather than Long .. we would have won the game ?

I should imagine so.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2008 23:18

I like Papereyes map, but I'd move the East side of the line down to the top of East Anglia, rather than including the Lincolnshire area.

Alternatively just draw a line directly across on the horizontal from the Severn Estuary and another one from the north of Wales. Everything below the first line is Southern, everything above the second line is north. In between is the Midlands.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Oct 2008 23:22

Ian Royal I like Papereyes map, but I'd move the East side of the line down to the top of East Anglia, rather than including the Lincolnshire area.

Alternatively just draw a line directly across on the horizontal from the Severn Estuary and another one from the north of Wales. Everything below the first line is Southern, everything above the second line is north. In between is the Midlands.

I think the point of their research is that there isn't a middle.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2008 23:24

papereyes
Ian Royal I like Papereyes map, but I'd move the East side of the line down to the top of East Anglia, rather than including the Lincolnshire area.

I think the point of their research is that there isn't a middle.

I'd kinda agree that's why I mentioned the first bit. But if you have to have a middle I like my idea best

I base it on nothing more than narrowminded prejudice and happily so.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Oct 2008 23:43

Archie's penalty I think the cultural North and South is almost as important as the geographical boundaries. Still not sure where the dividing line is.

Watford Gap Services ...everytime I drive past there on the way to the homeland from my northern home I cheer loudly due to being back in the south. ....going north I mumble rude things about monkeys!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 22 Oct 2008 00:18

Kitsondinho
Archie's penalty I think the cultural North and South is almost as important as the geographical boundaries. Still not sure where the dividing line is.

Watford Gap Services ...everytime I drive past there on the way to the homeland from my northern home I cheer loudly due to being back in the south. ....going north I mumble rude things about monkeys!

Careful. Am a Northern Royal and proud... :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Oct 2008 15:27

thats how i see it too

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 26 Oct 2008 18:13

Does not look like his premier league return has got any better today. Started on the bench following his disgust at being subbed last week. Came on after 66 mins, had a header well saved and finished with stoke receiving a brazilian spanking.

I say good luck time he was a good goal scorer whilst at RFC but feel stoke was not such a wise choice of clubs.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2008 19:32

Dirk Gently
PEARCEY

Somehow dont think the good people of Stockport would classify themselves as living in the "Welsh Borders". I think you really are "Game for a Matthew Kelly" now. :lol:

rollsy

are you laughing at kitson?

by rollsy » 13 Nov 2008 21:13

As far as i am concerned kitson was a great servant for reading. I do think that 5.5m was far too much for him, and i must admit that him firing blanks for stoke is raising a smile on my face as i do think that he was prone to being a bit of a nob. do you think that this is justified?

Royalshow

Re: are you laughing at kitson?

by Royalshow » 13 Nov 2008 21:19

One of the only players in the game who i can't really say a bad word against.Lol at his manager at Sainsburys.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 13 Nov 2008 21:23

Royalshow One of the only players in the game who i can't really say a bad word against.Lol at his manager at Sainsburys.

What about his drink driving conviction? makes him a criminal twat straight off the bat. Also a loudmouth, ruining dressing room harmony. good player, but good we got shot of him.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Nov 2008 21:24

In reply to the posted question-"no".
Playing football at Premiership level for the third year on the trot is preferable to stacking shelves IMHO.
In today's paper he says that he is happy to play anywhere to get a game-great attitude from a top pro who deserves any rewards that he gets from the game.
Along with Ian Rush one of the hardest-working strikers I have ever seen.

305 posts