Reading Town thread

227 posts
working class hero

Reading Town. A thought for those who want to sing?

by working class hero » 01 Sep 2008 11:20

I went to watch Reading Town recently. A crowd of 98 made a hell of a row [the old shed terrace lends itself to blasting out noise!]
At one point 2 blokes chanting 'Barmy Army' were more clearly audible than the East stand were against Palace....

For those who want to practise new songs etc why not go to Scours Lane and join the crowd standing behind the goal? I am certainly going to go to as many as I can. For a fiver you get a good atmosphere, a fair game and some damn good laughs / songs like 'He'll shoot, he'll score, he'll do your bathroom floor!'

If our singers got together they could tone up their songs quite nicely and back 2 teams!!

Just a thought.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading Town. A thought for those who want to sing?

by brendywendy » 01 Sep 2008 11:30

a fiver???!!!!

i can see championship football for 23 pound
and id say the quality for football, team, and crowd were way more than 5 times higher than that of reading town

that aint value

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 Sep 2008 11:35

I'd consider going except that the image that RTFC Drummer has given me of the supporters there means I'd not want to share a terrace with him and his ilk. :wink:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Sep 2008 12:05

Why can't we sing at the Mad Stad?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 01 Sep 2008 12:17

working class hero I went to watch Reading Town recently. A crowd of 98 made a hell of a row [the old shed terrace lends itself to blasting out noise!]
At one point 2 blokes chanting 'Barmy Army' were more clearly audible than the East stand were against Palace....

For those who want to practise new songs etc why not go to Scours Lane and join the crowd standing behind the goal? I am certainly going to go to as many as I can. For a fiver you get a good atmosphere, a fair game and some damn good laughs / songs like 'He'll shoot, he'll score, he'll do your bathroom floor!'

If our singers got together they could tone up their songs quite nicely and back 2 teams!!

Just a thought.

You forgot to log into your other username....

working class hero

by working class hero » 01 Sep 2008 12:39

LoyalRoyalFan Why can't we sing at the Mad Stad?

The question is 'why don't you?'....

It just struck me that it would be a good place to practise new songs and to get together.
RTFC is perhaps a bit naff in his representation of the Club and its fans. I have only been to that one game [Kidlington Town], but it revived my interest in non-league footbal [as well as - not instead of RFC!].

Any member of the FSF should of course be looking to support grass roots football too....

As for user names - I have only the one.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 12:40

working class hero I went to watch Reading Town recently. A crowd of 98 made a hell of a row [the old shed terrace lends itself to blasting out noise!]

Just a thought.

Did you hear the song about the tucker? To the keeper as he made 2 bad mistakes and because name was Tucker we said to him what a clumbsy tucker instead of f*cker. The song about the floor was because he is a carpenter. Did you hear the away in a manager song? Oh when the beans come out the tin ect?

I take it your coming tmoz?
Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 01 Sep 2008 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 12:43

brendywendy a fiver???!!!!

i can see championship football for 23 pound
and id say the quality for football, team, and crowd were way more than 5 times higher than that of reading town

that aint value

The prices have gone up a bit as they are planning to build a new stand, training facilities and other things.
Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 01 Sep 2008 14:08, edited 2 times in total.

Streets

by Streets » 01 Sep 2008 12:43

Crazy days :|

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 12:46

Just a thought.

The two blokes you are on about are me and my pal chanting no matter what. I couldn't bring the drum so I brought along the shakers instead and everybody seemed to enjoy that. :D

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 13:22

So any of you lot going tmoz to Scours Lane 19:45 Kick Off?

working class hero

by working class hero » 01 Sep 2008 14:09

RTFC Drummer So any of you lot going tmoz to Scours Lane 19:45 Kick Off?

No. My daughter has surgery tomorrow. Should be there on 23 Sept and 14 Oct tho'. Oops - will now be in Stoke on 23rd!

I doubt if many RFC fans will go. They moan about losing Elm Park and stewards wanting them to sit - but most of them are too soft to cope with the harsh realities of terrace life now!

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 14:15

working class hero
RTFC Drummer So any of you lot going tmoz to Scours Lane 19:45 Kick Off?

No. My daughter has surgery tomorrow. Should be there on 23 Sept and 14 Oct tho'.

I doubt if many RFC fans will go. They moan about losing Elm Park and stewards wanting them to sit - but most of them are too soft to cope with the harsh realities of terrace life now!

You know when you came to Scours Lane a few weeks back, were you standing to the right of us as they were a good gathering near us and they started to chant when we did or was it just Reading Rockers? You should join the goal post forum and thats were me and others have chats about the results and stuff. here is the link for you if you decide to join it http://forums.getreading.co.uk/

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 14:28

:D
Last edited by RTFC Drummer on 01 Sep 2008 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 14:31

This has been moved into the team section not sure why and has left me puzzled

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 15:58

Like the guy said if you want to practice chants and learn some new ones and have a right old laugh then Scours lane is the place to be tmoz. :D

RTFC Drummer

If your feel like singing & chanting then I advise you to

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 17:49

Come to Scours Lane tomorrow to see the Town play Flackwell Heath at 7:45pm. I want to see the stand packed full of vocal fans get behind the team no matter what the score is. Get Scours Lane rocking and make an electric atmosphere that you have never heard anywhere before.

You can have laugh and just enjoy the game with all the funny but strange chants we sing through out the game. Let’s make this game one to remember with best atmosphere so far in the season as normally its only 2 of us singing none stop. Lets beat the Kidlington Atmosphere were we were joined by some Reading Rockers. Last but not least let’s make some history with the best attendance so far this season.

This should be a cracker of a game and with your help you can be a part of the atmosphere.

Kes

Re: If your feel like singing & chanting then I advise you to

by Kes » 01 Sep 2008 17:50

I think there is a good film on.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 01 Sep 2008 17:52

Kes I think there is a good film on.

What chitty chitty bang bang :roll: ? Miss it for once and be a part of the best atmosphere in the Hellenic League.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 01 Sep 2008 17:52

What are the funny and strange chants you sing?

227 posts