Hob Nob Legend

Re: Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2021 22:17

Lovely stuff,

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Sep 2021 22:31

If they get -21 I will feel a little sorry for the fans. Reminiscent of rootin' tootin' Luton getting -30 and having a whole season wasted.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2021 22:38

Nah...I know these fans, I know their families

Off with their goolies

-21 8)

Chop em off

Chop em off now

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2021 23:02

Yeah fcuk them. Like Forest think they’re some sort of footballing super power.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2021 09:10

12 points deducted for entering administration. A further proposed 9 point section still pending for financial “doings”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58604851

Club is now bottom of division 2/Championship on -5 points, 10 points from safety.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Sep 2021 10:15

I know a handful of Derby fans and they are decent enough folk but they have all spent the last 10 years lauding over how they were going to surf into the Premiership on a tidal wave of Mel Morris' money and how he was Mr Derby.

The gloating over signing Nick Blackman was particularly funny.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Sep 2021 12:03

On the top of the likely 21 points every possibility they’ll get an additional 3 if they fail to pay the players on time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2021 14:56

Seems like they're trying to stack up all the penalties in one season and take the rele.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Sep 2021 08:44

Wigan had their deduction suspended until they established their final league position. Does that only happen after a certain percentage of the season has been played? I thought the additional 3pt deduction was suspended as well and would be enforced next season.

The full 21pt deduction this season would kill any form stone dead.

The real cynic in me thinks that, knowing the 9pt deduction was on the cards, they took the administration because it gives them an opportunity to stiff non footballing creditors and write off some debt.

What chance Morris is behind any attempt to buy the club for peanuts, although he's burned his bridges with the fans.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2021 09:59

From Despair To Where? The real cynic in me thinks that, knowing the 9pt deduction was on the cards, they took the administration because it gives them an opportunity to stiff non footballing creditors and write off some debt.

Has there been any movement to get that awful clause removed?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Sep 2021 15:05

Barca's financial plight has seen their salary cap slashed by 256m GBP for this season - they have a limit now of 85m - 6 clubs are allowed to spend more on wages this year under La Liga rules.

Top 3:Madrid can spend 638m, Sevilla 173m, Atletico 148m

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Sep 2021 18:38

Stranded Barca's financial plight has seen their salary cap slashed by 256m GBP for this season - they have a limit now of 85m - 6 clubs are allowed to spend more on wages this year under La Liga rules.

Top 3:Madrid can spend 638m, Sevilla 173m, Atletico 148m

Like to see the FL applying their FFP rules to that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Oct 2021 13:01

Reported that Derby owe the HMRC 28m quid. This is the first administration whereby they have crown preference, since 2002, and are due all the debt in the same way as a football creditor would be.

It may well be that the future of Derby as a club rests with them, if they refuse any deal that doesn't see them getting every penny, it may prove very difficult for the club to be sold and the debt to be financed in a way that allows the club to be competitive at a professional level.

Will probably depend if HRMC will think something is better than nothing or if making an example of Derby will send a strong message to other clubs who may be in arrears.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Oct 2021 13:40

Stranded Reported that Derby owe the HMRC 28m quid. This is the first administration whereby they have crown preference, since 2002, and are due all the debt in the same way as a football creditor would be.

It may well be that the future of Derby as a club rests with them, if they refuse any deal that doesn't see them getting every penny, it may prove very difficult for the club to be sold and the debt to be financed in a way that allows the club to be competitive at a professional level.

Will probably depend if HRMC will think something is better than nothing or if making an example of Derby will send a strong message to other clubs who may be in arrears.

Can’t see the HMRC being inflexible with a “name” like Derby, though I think they should make a precedent out of it and demand every penny.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Oct 2021 13:42

Sutekh
Stranded Reported that Derby owe the HMRC 28m quid. This is the first administration whereby they have crown preference, since 2002, and are due all the debt in the same way as a football creditor would be.

Can’t see the HMRC being inflexible with a “name” like Derby, though I think they should make a precedent out of it and demand every penny.

They probably will be but it must be tempting to use the first admin case since their change of status to make a point.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Oct 2021 13:53

Sounds an utter mess. Any sort of injury crisis at that club like we have and they are toast, well they are toast anyway but you know what i mean.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Oct 2021 10:17

Stranded
Sutekh

They probably will be but it must be tempting to use the first admin case since their change of status to make a point.

I think HMRC will show no mercy whatsoever - their atitude towards football clubs was always (and understandably) hard and inflexible, and I think that will live on despite the status change. I also can't help but think that those in government - who would have the ultimate say on policy - will have a similar attitude. Now if it was a rugby club...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2021 14:49

Dirk Gently
Stranded
Sutekh

I think HMRC will show no mercy whatsoever - their atitude towards football clubs was always (and understandably) hard and inflexible, and I think that will live on despite the status change. I also can't help but think that those in government - who would have the ultimate say on policy - will have a similar attitude. Now if it was a rugby club...

Any Tory marginals in Derbyshire?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Oct 2021 09:26

Derby North, where Pride Park is situated, is a proper swing seat. The Tories won it by 41 (!) votes in 2015, Labour took it back in 2017 with a majority of 2,000, only for the Tories to win it by the same in 2019.

On the flip side, Derby South is Margaret Beckett's long-held (1983) seat.

A lot of the Tory gains in the area came as part of their recovery under Cameron. Amber Valley was won of their big wins in 2019, and they have held it since. Although another Derbyshire seat is (formerly) Dennis Skinner's Bolsover, which he lost in 2019.

In short, lots of different politics in Derbyshire. Your post might have been tongue in cheek, but I can't see it playing a role in this call by HMRC.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Oct 2021 12:33

Derby's administrators are lodging an appeal against the 12 point deduction for going into administration.

If that is rescinded then the EFL will NEVER be able to impose any punishment and FFP will be shot to pieces.

I can't work out whether I want that to succeed or fail. :?

5616 posts