Portsmouth Admin

753 posts
sawyers left arm

Portsmouth Admin

by sawyers left arm » 26 Feb 2010 12:03

Does anyone else find this as funny as me, hope they end up in the conference. Their fans are good in the ground and horrid outside and personally I don't feel sorry for them. Paul Hart described the fans as 'long suffering' well no wonder he got the sack, six years in the premiership is long suffering I suppose, what a pr1ck! Talk to Torquay fans that is long suffering.
Mind you I did chuckle more when it was Southampton

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Feb 2010 12:04

There's already a lengthy thread in General Football.

All I can say is, good, they let us down when they rested several players for their game with Fulham.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 26 Feb 2010 12:07

I hope they go altogether, i still remember a incident at a Bournemouth game a few... quite a few years ago, and lets face it they where only there because they bought with money they did,nt have

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Feb 2010 12:09

sawyers left arm Does anyone else find this as funny as me, hope they end up in the conference. Their fans are good in the ground and horrid outside and personally I don't feel sorry for them. Paul Hart described the fans as 'long suffering' well no wonder he got the sack, six years in the premiership is long suffering I suppose, what a pr1ck! Talk to Torquay fans that is long suffering.
Mind you I did chuckle more when it was Southampton

I think you'll find we are more mentally challenged I'll have you know.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Feb 2010 12:18

Cheats never prosper (unless they're a football club).

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 26 Feb 2010 12:18

Hope Pompey FOAD! Yeah!!

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 26 Feb 2010 12:21

All Rednapps fault---the guys a disgrace!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Feb 2010 12:30

SpaceCruiser There's already a lengthy thread in General Football.

All I can say is, good, they let us down when they rested several players for their game with Fulham.

We let ourselves down by not getting one more point over 38 games.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Feb 2010 12:32

Stranded

We let ourselves down by not getting one more point over 38 games.

or by conceding last minute goals to Fulham in both our games against them.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Feb 2010 12:37

Tilehurst Mike All Rednapps fault---the guys a disgrace!

The funny thing is him on telly all the time 'I don't know where the money as gone, they neva 'ad it so good since i was there'

OK Harry :lol: I'm sure if you think really hard you can see where the money went. £100,000 a week on a player when you get 17,000 through the g8? What was James, Defoe, Crouch, Glen Johnson, Krancjar, Kanu, Distin, Utaka, Benjani. These sort of players on? Enough I would assume, with next to no income coming in.

He can say well we sold these players on, yes and but having signed them all for big money and paid them an absolute fortune, it soons outweighs a one of transfer fee.

His vety own mate Jim Smith has described him as a 'shady character' who has many a 'skeleton in the closet' the bloke is an absolute crook, who along with Mandaric and Storrie the guys that financed these deals, the REAL reason Pompey are knackered now.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 26 Feb 2010 12:42

Redknapp is definitely with Venables on the list of so-called "great" managers who just HAPPEN to be around when clubs go into meltdown. Crooks the both of them (allegedly :? )

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Feb 2010 12:43

Alan Partridge

The funny thing is him on telly all the time 'I don't know where the money as gone, they neva 'ad it so good since i was there'

OK Harry :lol: I'm sure if you think really hard you can see where the money went. £100,000 a week on a player when you get 17,000 through the g8? What was James, Defoe, Crouch, Glen Johnson, Krancjar, Kanu, Distin, Utaka, Benjani. These sort of players on? Enough I would assume, with next to no income coming in.

He can say well we sold these players on, yes and but having signed them all for big money and paid them an absolute fortune, it soons outweighs a one of transfer fee.

His vety own mate Jim Smith has described him as a 'shady character' who has many a 'skeleton in the closet' the bloke is an absolute crook, who along with Mandaric and Storrie the guys that financed these deals, the REAL reason Pompey are knackered now.

This ^^^^^^^.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 26 Feb 2010 12:47

Don't be silly, this is good old 'arry we are talking about.

He takes journalists out for dinner and feeds them exclusive interviews when they need a story.

He's not to blame for this. Football managers don't get involved with tranfers. What kind of football manager knows how much he's paying for a player or how much that player earns?

It makes me sick, but it will not change.

Said it from the start, one thing that you could be sure out of all of this is Redknapp would come out of this smelling like roses...

Uncle Andy

by Uncle Andy » 26 Feb 2010 13:11

Alan Partridge

How can you possibly blame Redknapp.

He was just unlucky that he has been associated with one club that are on the brink - the other clubs he has been at are fine.........

Except for Bournemouth who have just been served with another winding up order........

Oh yeah, and West Ham who are over £80 million in debt and still recovering from the massively overpriced old players he signed when he was there......

Actually there might be a pattern emerging - hope so, I hate Spurs more than I hate Pompey !!!

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 26 Feb 2010 13:16

Sorry I may be a bit behind the times, but how are good ol' 'arry's tax bill problems going?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Feb 2010 13:24

Let sleeping clubs lie.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 26 Feb 2010 13:29

BobKnows Sorry I may be a bit behind the times, but how are good ol' 'arry's tax bill problems going?

April court date I believe. I truly truly hope he goes down- if found guilty of stealing OUR money.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 26 Feb 2010 13:35

exileinleeds
BobKnows Sorry I may be a bit behind the times, but how are good ol' 'arry's tax bill problems going?

April court date I believe. I truly truly hope he goes down- if found guilty of stealing OUR money.

Here's hoping :lol:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 26 Feb 2010 13:45

Again the coverage of the charges against Redknapp has been a disgrace.

All about how he is the victim of an un lawful campaign.

I bet he gets away with it.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 26 Feb 2010 13:58

Here's my take on Pompey. They bought the players that took them to the F.A. Cup Final with money they didn't have. That led to the Fulham game. Could we have stayed up if they had lived within their means? They could have been in 18th for all we know. There would certainly been one less good team in the Premiership when we finished 18th.

Then this season they pinched Tommy Smith from under our noses with money they didn't have. He was integral for Rodgers' plans. We could well be sat comfortably in mid-table were it not for their over spending this season. I wonder how Rodgers feels, their overspending could have effectively ended his career (although it takes a poor manager not to have an effective plan B).

There's no knowing where our club could be had Pompey not spent beyond their means. And we're not the only losers. So much sympathy goes out to clubs in these circumstances. Well they're getting what they deserve, let them rot.

753 posts