The generic transfer thread

10377 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2020 15:04

WoodleyRoyal
genome Giroud to Spurs (possibly) :shock:

How many players have played for Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs? William Gallas is the only one I can think of

"According to Tottenham's club historian, the move meant that Gallas would become the first player to have appeared for Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham; Clive Allen played for Tottenham and Chelsea and had a spell with Arsenal early in his career, but did not make an appearance for them."

How miserable of an existence is that???
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 29 Jan 2020 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2020 16:28

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

How many players have played for Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs? William Gallas is the only one I can think of

"According to Tottenham's club historian, the move meant that Gallas would become the first player to have appeared for Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham; Clive Allen played for Tottenham and Chelsea and had a spell with Arsenal early in his career, but did not make an appearance for them."

How miserbale of an existence is that???

could think of worse jobs, like the guy who reports on the modern-day spurs. At least spurs do have some history. Or the Reading FC historian.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jan 2020 16:53

WoodleyRoyal

Clive Allen's "spell" with Arsenal was when he signed for them, never played and was used as a makeweight in a deal to sign Kenny Sansom from Palace - the second deal was only a few weeks after he'd signed :shock:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 09:16

My highlight of this transfer window is the complete lack of activity for Sky Sports News to comment on. They have these daily panal shows in the morning where about 5 people sit around a table just blatently making things up, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Want to see that tosspot Jim White crying on deadline day when absolutely NOTHING happens, he is a oxf*rd gimp.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 09:25

Old Man Andrews My highlight of this transfer window is the complete lack of activity for Sky Sports News to comment on. They have these daily panal shows in the morning where about 5 people sit around a table just blatently making things up, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Want to see that tosspot Jim White crying on deadline day when absolutely NOTHING happens, he is a oxf*rd gimp.

This was the moment TDD died for me:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 09:26

Hendo
Old Man Andrews My highlight of this transfer window is the complete lack of activity for Sky Sports News to comment on. They have these daily panal shows in the morning where about 5 people sit around a table just blatently making things up, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Yes it was the peak of TDD and also the start of the demise of it. Sky Sports ruin everything.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 09:30

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Yes it was the peak of TDD and also the start of the demise of it. Sky Sports ruin everything.

I'd disagree that they ruin everything, their cricket, golf and F1 coverage is top notch. Ruined football, arguably however.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 09:31

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I'd disagree that they ruin everything, their cricket, golf and F1 coverage is top notch. Ruined football, arguably however.

Yeah I was talking football, no issue with their other coverage. F1 is especially decent.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 Jan 2020 09:32

TDD went bad as soon as they stopped having Natalie Sawyer in a nice yellow frock. What's the point of panic spunking millions of pounds on mediocre players who aren't going to make a jot of difference to your promotion/relegation battle if there's no incentive to switch Sky Sports News on.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 09:33

6ft Kerplunk TDD went bad as soon as they stopped having Natalie Sawyer in a nice yellow frock. What's the point of panic spunking millions of pounds on mediocre players who aren't going to make a jot of difference to your promotion/relegation battle if there's no incentive to switch Sky Sports News on.

They go hand in hand..........

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2020 09:34

The start of the demise? Surely that was the first time they tried to make deadline day a thing? I guess early doors you could look at Natalie, I can't imagine why anyone would watch it for any sustained time these days. TBF dildog8 probably improved it as it meant the reporters weren't stood in front of gangs of gurning mongboard types any more.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 09:35

Silver Fox The start of the demise? Surely that was the first time they tried to make deadline day a thing? I guess early doors you could look at Natalie, I can't imagine why anyone would watch it for any sustained time these days. TBF dildog8 probably improved it as it meant the reporters weren't stood in front of gangs of gurning mongboard types any more.

A very good point tbf.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Jan 2020 09:47

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2020 10:46

The other positive from dildog8

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2020 11:24

Yeah, +100 to the Sky Sports transfer cringe.

Do they still have that twat with his massive iPad?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 11:33

genome Yeah, +100 to the Sky Sports transfer cringe.

Do they still have that twat with his massive iPad?

Kaveh Solhekol?

or Dharmesh Sheth?

Both are tedious oxf*rd.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2020 11:34

There's the other one too, Brian Swanson I think? Fvcking bellend

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 11:39

Oh yeah, he is also a tool

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2020 11:46

They all think it's brilliant as well

Even the special little music jingle they have is self-important

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 11:52

I'd like them all to lose their jobs on deadline day. Just before the window shuts they have to read out the email from their boss live on air from their iPads.

10377 posts