URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by URZZZZ » 17 Sep 2020 15:58

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
Thicko eh?
You don't even seem to understand what "ignore" means Thread Bomber.

BTW you lecturing me on anything Liverpool is about as daft as me trying to lecture you and your fellow Home Counties chavs on what it takes for you and them to be chavs.

Go get a job.

Do wish you two would stop replying to each other and derailing threads

Almost becoming a daily occurrence now, worse than the OMA and DD ones

How is it derailing anything? It is an argument relating to Thiago. Grow up.

:lol:

You seem to spent most of your days arguing with this particular poster...and the majority of time it’s off topic

Chill out a little bit, stop responding to them rather than reverting to insults

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 16:00

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

How is it derailing anything? It is an argument relating to Thiago. Grow up.

You seem to spent most of your days arguing with this particular poster...and the majority of time it’s off topic

Chill out a little bit, stop responding to them rather than reverting to insults

It isn't an argument, it was a correction.

Naby Keita and Thiago are two totally different players. Yes or no?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Sep 2020 16:02

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews How is it derailing anything? It is an argument relating to Thiago. Grow up.

Scarcely watched Thiago so hard for me to comment

No need to call him thick

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 16:03

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

You have, you know your football. You just don't want to side with me.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Sep 2020 16:04

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews It isn't an argument, it was a correction.

You have, you know your football. You just don't want to side with me.

I’ve agreed with you plenty of times and disagreed with vic plenty of times but I don’t call him thick for having a different opinion

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Sep 2020 16:05

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
Thicko eh?
You don't even seem to understand what "ignore" means Thread Bomber.

BTW you lecturing me on anything Liverpool is about as daft as me trying to lecture you and your fellow Home Counties chavs on what it takes for you and them to be chavs.

Go get a job.

How is it derailing anything? It is an argument relating to Thiago. Grow up, it doesn't concern you so do not get involved in the discussion if you can't handle hard debate.

There has been no hard debate-you have just done your usual and jumped in with two abusive feet.
Where you might get some credibility on this board is to do a critique on the two players mentioned and explain why you think (which is merely an opinion rather than the fact that you attribute to any statement that you make) that my comment on the players somehow makes me a thicko.

BTW URRRRZ I was told by OMA yesterday that I am on his ignore list so you shouldn't have to put up with me replying to constant abuse but the poor soul doesn't understand what the word "ignore" means.

No wonder he can't get a job and delights solely in being the resident Thread Bomber (good choice snowball).

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Sep 2020 17:50

Suarez flew to Italy to take a language exam, which is needed if you want to apply for citizenship. He can apply for this as his wife already has italian citizenship and it will mean he doesn't take up a non EU spot in clubs squads (Juve have apparently used up all their non EU spots)

Juve in talks with Dzecko though.....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 21:35

Winston Biscuit Suarez flew to Italy to take a language exam, which is needed if you want to apply for citizenship. He can apply for this as his wife already has italian citizenship and it will mean he doesn't take up a non EU spot in clubs squads (Juve have apparently used up all their non EU spots)

Blimey! Is their youth setup really bad or something? So many older players at the club.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Sep 2020 22:08

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit Suarez flew to Italy to take a language exam, which is needed if you want to apply for citizenship. He can apply for this as his wife already has italian citizenship and it will mean he doesn't take up a non EU spot in clubs squads (Juve have apparently used up all their non EU spots)

Blimey! Is their youth setup really bad or something? So many older players at the club.

Dzeko is a good striker to be fair, better than Higuain last season IMO

Even when he has off games, Dzeko will almost always guarantee goals, always felt he was under rated at City

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Sep 2020 07:27

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Dzeko is a good striker to be fair, better than Higuain last season IMO

Even when he has off games, Dzeko will almost always guarantee goals, always felt he was under rated at City

The way Italy works in terms of player ownership is weird aswell with youth players. I think clubs own 50% of players that then go to other teams for years, like a massive long loan. Long article from a few years ago below.

"Not to be confused with the highly controversial practice of third-party ownership, "shared ownership" does exactly what it says on the tin: A player's ownership is split between two clubs (always a 50/50 split in Italy) whose managements then decide where he will play that season.

This practice is frequently used by bigger sides instead of the loan system.

Typically, if a big side has a player on the edge of their squad, they will sell half of his contract to a mid-table side where he will be sent to develop. That mid-table side then has a financial interest in developing the player.

One such example of this is Ciro Immobile. In 2012, Juventus sold half their ownership in Immobile's contract to Genoa for €4 million. The following year, The Old Lady bought back their half and immediately sold it to Torino.

Ended up as Serie A's top scorer last season, and now both his owners have agreed to sell to a third party

At best, shared ownership is a fiscally motivated loan system that gives a club financial benefit for developing a player.

For example, Thibaut Courtois' value has increased dramatically while at Atletico Madrid. If the La Liga winners had been allowed to agree to a shared-ownership deal, they would receive a return on the time and money they had invested in the Belgian when the time came to sell him.

However, it is Chelsea that stands to fully profit from his time in Spain.

Shared ownership can also be used by clubs looking to generate some quick cash, but who do not want to send their player out. If Juve needed funds, for example, they could agree to keep Immobile and let Torino take half of his contract on the understanding they will see a return on their investment when he is sold.

For Torino, it would be a case of making a business investment with both risk and reward.

The system has its advantages, but ultimately it is rife with problems. First, the case of Immobile shows the problem when the time comes to sell to a third party. According to Gladwell on ESPN FC, Juventus believes the player is worth €25 million, while co-owners Torino feel he can be sold for €18 million.

Hence, Borussia Dortmund have the headache of negotiating with two clubs who have set their own prerogatives and terms.

If a fee cannot be agreed to with BVB, there are two options for Immobile: Either Juve and Torino agree to extend their shared ownership for another year, or one club buys the other's half.

Of course, this is still contingent on both sides agreeing to a valuation for the player. If no agreement can be made, it "goes to the envelopes."

In this blind-auction arrangement, each club places a valuation in a sealed envelope, which is opened in July. The club with the highest valuation takes the player, pays half of that value and assumes full ownership.

Not only can this arduous, bureaucratic process stop a player's career from progressing elsewhere (such as Immobile in Germany), but it is open to errors. In 2011, Bologna director general Stefano Pedrelli famously filled in the blind-auction paperwork incorrectly, which inadvertently resulted in goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano being sold to Internazionale (via Football Italia).

If clubs find the process of shared ownership confusing, what hope does everyone else have?

According to ESPN FC, the Italian FA (FIGC) have decided to ban shared ownership.

At a news conference in Rome, FIGC president Giancarlo Abete explained that this will be the final season in which shared-ownership deals can be negotiated.

"Many times, questions have been raised on this issue regarding public opinion and fiscal problems, highlighting how atypical this practice is on a European and fiscal scale," he said.

This comment highlights the primary reason why abolishment is a good idea: It is out of line with the rest of Europe.

Save for Portugal and some Latin American nations, no one else practises shared ownership. The ongoing Immobile negotiations have shown that it clearly acts as a barrier to trade. Its principles also raise some ethical issues similar to that of third-party ownership, a big criticism of which is that a player has little say over his career path while his owners push through transfers with purely financial motivations.

The annual negotiations of shared ownership create a similar problem.

Not all Italian clubs will agree to the abolishment of the shared-ownership system, but objectively it's certainly a positive move by the FIGC. "

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Sep 2020 11:09

Aldershot have signed Ross McCormack. No idea what sort of state he's in these days, but I've just had a fiver on them to win the league at 50/1.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Sep 2020 11:22

Fun McCormack fact - he is credited with the assist for Usain Bolt's one and only goal in professional football, for Central Coast Mariners.

I assume he (McCormack) has got fat - that's why he was frozen out at Villa.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Sep 2020 11:31

:shock:

Didn't realise he was only 34 still. Probably got a couple of years left in him at National League level.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Sep 2020 11:43

Hendo :shock:

Didn't realise he was only 34 still. Probably got a couple of years left in him at National League level.

Talking of old people, Jamie Cureton has scored 43 goals in the last two years at Isthmian League level for Bishop's Stortford. He has just joined Enfield for the 20-21 season, aged 45. :shock:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Sep 2020 12:11

Sanguine
Hendo :shock:

Talking of old people, Jamie Cureton has scored 43 goals in the last two years at Isthmian League level for Bishop's Stortford. He has just joined Enfield for the 20-21 season, aged 45. :shock:

Would really like to go and watch him play this season, Enfield is reasonably close to me so will try and get down to watch him in action. Will be very nostalgic.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Sep 2020 19:57

Sounds like Jota is on the way to Liverpool from Wolves for £35M

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Sep 2020 20:15

Winston Biscuit Sounds like Jota is on the way to Liverpool from Wolves for £35M

Great signing plus tiago. Gives them a lot of what they missed (however perfect their season was) which was depth in the squad with quality players.

I think Chelsea have the best in terms of that now, but really badly need a new keeper. Man City need a Cb still, unless ake comes really good

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2020 23:43

Winston Biscuit Sounds like Jota is on the way to Liverpool from Wolves for £35M

£41m that could rise to £45m in the end.

In addition the young Dutch defender, Ki-Jana Hoever, has moved in the opposite direction for £9m that could rise to £13.5m

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Sep 2020 06:59

Hoever on the move? Is he a sweeper?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Sep 2020 09:49

Aguero out for two months, surely means Citeh will splash the cash for a striker now.

10377 posts