The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by leon » 08 Jan 2020 23:10

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews He's scoring goals, Bradford need a goalscorer and want promotion. Not really sure how its that interesting or newsworthy.

For someone who bangs on about the lower leagues I would have thought it would be right up your street.

Swindon are top and Bradford are 4th. It could scupper Swindon’s promotion push.

No the recall aspect isn't that interesting. Where he ends up on a permanent deal will be.

:lol: If John Smith posted that point you’d be wnaking yourself into a frenzy.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 Jan 2020 07:42

URZZZZ
Vision
URZZZZ
The player himself openly said he didn’t want to return to Bradford. This is, by the way, the same player that totally flopped last year at Bradford

Not sure why Bradford would want a striker who clearly doesn’t want to play for them. It is pretty sad if it’s just to stop “Swindon” considering how close Bradford were to the Champ a couple of years ago

I suspect Bradford have had offers for him elsewhere and want to cash in. If Swindon really want him they'll have to stump up what he's valued at. Not sure what else you'd expect them to do.

Or let him stay at Swindon, let him score a shed load more and hence increase his transfer value in the summer

Win win for Bradford that way. Either he performs well there and his transfer value goes up. Or he performs poorly which hinders a rival

I suspect he may go back to Swindon anyway but permanently, in which case it’s fine. But if he’s gone back to Bradford to play, and doesn’t score, what does that say about Bradford’s manager?

It's hardly a win win for Bradford if his goals get Swindon promoted at their expense is it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 07:51

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon
For someone who bangs on about the lower leagues I would have thought it would be right up your street.
index.php
Swindon are top and Bradford are 4th. It could scupper Swindon’s promotion push.

No the recall aspect isn't that interesting. Where he ends up on a permanent deal will be.

John is a very knowledgeable man, we have many good football chats.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2020 10:31

Old Man Andrews
leon
Old Man Andrews No the recall aspect isn't that interesting. Where he ends up on a permanent deal will be.

You’re the same poster aren’t you??!!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2020 10:34

leon
Old Man Andrews
leon

You’re the same poster aren’t you??!!

Nope not at all. Genuinely.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2020 09:23

West Ham looking at Fellaini in January. Does David Moyes need to sign him wherever he goes? :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2020 09:49

Hendo West Ham looking at Fellaini in January. Does David Moyes need to sign him wherever he goes? :lol:

Fellaini to Moysey is like what Kranjcar was to Harry!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2020 09:51

Hendo West Ham looking at Fellaini in January. Does David Moyes need to sign him wherever he goes? :lol:

He has dirt on Moyes. Still waiting for what information Paddy Kenny has on Neil Warnock to come out in the wash.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2020 10:24

URZZZZ
Vision
URZZZZ
The player himself openly said he didn’t want to return to Bradford. This is, by the way, the same player that totally flopped last year at Bradford

Not sure why Bradford would want a striker who clearly doesn’t want to play for them. It is pretty sad if it’s just to stop “Swindon” considering how close Bradford were to the Champ a couple of years ago

I suspect Bradford have had offers for him elsewhere and want to cash in. If Swindon really want him they'll have to stump up what he's valued at. Not sure what else you'd expect them to do.

Or let him stay at Swindon, let him score a shed load more and hence increase his transfer value in the summer

Win win for Bradford that way. Either he performs well there and his transfer value goes up. Or he performs poorly which hinders a rival

I suspect he may go back to Swindon anyway but permanently, in which case it’s fine. But if he’s gone back to Bradford to play, and doesn’t score, what does that say about Bradford’s manager?

According to Transfermarkt, Eoin Doyle is out of contract in the summer so absolutely no transfer value whatsoever then.

Bradford will have received enquiries from other clubs so will be looking to cash whilst they can. If it derails Swindon in the process then that's a bonus.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Jan 2020 10:34

Next off the Brazilian production line is 17 year old midfielder Rainier. Reports claiming that Real Madrid have agreed a €30M deal with Flamengo for him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jan 2020 19:17

Winston Biscuit Next off the Brazilian production line is 17 year old midfielder Rainier. Reports claiming that Real Madrid have agreed a €30M deal with Flamengo for him.

Is there a reason why the English clubs are seemingly oblivious to the South American talent pool?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2020 19:53

Work permits, I'd imagine. You won't get a work permit for a non EU player if they haven't played enough full internationals in the previous 2 years so absolutely no chance of signing up young talent unless they can miraculously dig out a Spanish or Italian grandparent from somewhere, and even that won't work from once we leave the EU.

The regulations are different in Spain and Portugal and, of course, they also have shared languages.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Jan 2020 20:08

From Despair To Where? Work permits, I'd imagine. You won't get a work permit for a non EU player if they haven't played enough full internationals in the previous 2 years so absolutely no chance of signing up young talent unless they can miraculously dig out a Spanish or Italian grandparent from somewhere, and even that won't work from once we leave the EU.

The regulations are different in Spain and Portugal and, of course, they also have shared languages.

just get rid of the regulation when we go out own way

how did we manage to lose control of the game we invented?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2020 20:26

From Despair To Where? Work permits, I'd imagine. You won't get a work permit for a non EU player if they haven't played enough full internationals in the previous 2 years so absolutely no chance of signing up young talent unless they can miraculously dig out a Spanish or Italian grandparent from somewhere, and even that won't work from once we leave the EU.

Not to forget the fact that all of them that come over here to play thrn out utterly crap

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2020 21:30

Perez lost out on Neymar, he doesn't want to lose out on another Brazilian wonderkid so he concentrates on that Market.

It's that simple.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2020 22:07

BR0B0T

just get rid of the regulation when we go out own way

how did we manage to lose control of the game we invented?

The work permit criteria is set by the Home Office, not the FA, they're the ones issuing the permits after all. Would be odd for a pro Brexit government to make it easier to hire immigrants.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2020 09:00

Pretty much this.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 12:18

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 15:59

Victor Moses leaves Chelsea to go on loan to Inter Milan with an option to buy.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Jan 2020 16:37

Hendo Victor Moses leaves Chelsea to go on loan to Inter Milan with an option to buy.

After years of Gazza, Platt and Wilkins being the only exports to Italy, they are now in for some of our abject rejects. I noticed Chris Smalling was playing for Roma last night (obvs got beat).

10373 posts