10377 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by URZZZZ » 31 Aug 2020 10:51

South Coast Royal
BR0B0T
Hendo
Good signing that. Decent part of the Ajax team from a couple of years ago.

Done deal €40M

Sweet!

Presumably that means no Grealish then?

Does that make Man Utd's midfield options) Matic,Mata, Fernandes, Fred, Pogba and now De Beek) at about £300,000,000 the most expensive in world football?
With that lot and their very expensive defenders what can possibly stop them next season from walking away with the title?

De Gea making too many mistakes and not having a plan B up top (Rashford, Martial, Greenwood not too dissimilar)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2020 08:53

Hendo Aaron Mooy leaves Brighton to go to China. Bit of an odd one that.

As Winst said, dolla innit.
Was watching an interview with Marko Arnautovic yesterday - another player 'too good' to play in China but who made the move last year despite often being a standout player for West Ham. He admitted that he took the league, and diet/training lightly and paid the price in awful performances and a lack of fitness - in essence that he underestimated how good the league actually was.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2020 10:30

Doherty transfer to Spurs. Doherty recently changed agents, to Jorge Mendes. Mendes is a special advisor to Wolves' board, now represents Doherty, and also represents Nuno Espirito Santo and Jose Mourinho.

I like to think Mendes emailed himself to enquire as to the player's availability. And then sensible chuckled.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2020 09:42

Daily Record says that Messi has agreed a five-year deal with City's holding company worth €700m to the player, in which he will play in the PL for three seasons, and the MLS for the following two. That's €700m over five years, before any transfer fee. If true will almost literally be a billion Euro deal.

FFPlol.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2020 10:25

James Rodriguez to Everton for £20m?

That would be a cracking signing IMO.

Mind you, I said that about Moise Kean last season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Sep 2020 10:27

From Despair To Where? James Rodriguez to Everton for £20m?

Seems a bit lightweight to me, not sure he will be suited to the Premier League but happy to be proven wrong. Quality player on his day.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2020 10:39

Can see Kean graduating into a winger/outside forward. Misconception I think that Everton were signing a goalscorer. He got 8 in 21 games for Juventus (not bad at 18 years old) but then just 4 in 20 games for Verona (and now 2 in 33 for Everton). Just doesn't look like a forward with a particular eye for goal or the positional sense to be in 'the right place'. For now, anyway. He only turned 20 in February.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2020 10:50

The Everton fans I know aren't overly impressed by Kean but as you say, they probably do have misconceptions about his strengths. They can be quite an unforgiving bunch though, particularly if the player just happens to be black.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Sep 2020 12:45

Sanguine Daily Record says that Messi has agreed a five-year deal with City's holding company worth €700m to the player, in which he will play in the PL for three seasons, and the MLS for the following two. That's €700m over five years, before any transfer fee. If true will almost literally be a billion Euro deal.

FFPlol.

*FFPmsl

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Sep 2020 12:49

This Messi saga is ridiculous and embarrassing for all concerned. So boring.

Sky Sports News have a bloke circling Messi's house in Barcelona talking complete nonsense and speculating on if Messi's father is inside the house or not. What are Sky hoping for here? That Lionel will open his kitchen window and invite the reporter in for a sit down interview and Tapas?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2020 13:43

Why does no-one want to buy Wilfried Zaha?
I don't get it.

Feels like there is one hell of a player in there. An early Adama Traore if you like, just needs fully forming. But it feels like he'll finish his career at Palace, his only exposure to somewhere else being six months under the 'tutelage' of David Moyes.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Sep 2020 13:46

Sanguine Why does no-one want to buy Wilfried Zaha?
I don't get it.

Feels like there is one hell of a player in there. An early Adama Traore if you like, just needs fully forming. But it feels like he'll finish his career at Palace, his only exposure to somewhere else being six months under the 'tutelage' of David Moyes.

I just don't think anyone really wants to pay the transfer fee that Palace would ask for. But in essence, I agree.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Sep 2020 15:15

That would be a cracking signing IMO

Signed off the back of the 2014 world cup (and an impressive year with Monaco) and hasn't had a good season in around 5 years now.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Sep 2020 15:23

I thought I wrote it on here a couple of years back but can't find it now, but back then I heard a Spanish journo on a podcast say that Ivan Rakitic will only ever transfer back to Sevilla. It was something to do with his wife's family and how even moving from there to Barcelona had proven difficult for her and she split her time between the 2 cities. He basically said to use Rakitic as a barometer of whether a journalist is any good or not - if they are speculating he might join a foreign team then they have made it up. Said Rakitic has maintained a good relationship with them since he left, there is a gentleman's agreement that he will go back there and Barca offered to structure a deal so that it could happen with no difficulty.

Just read that he has now transferred back there for an initial cost of just €1.5M

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Sep 2020 15:41

Winston Biscuit

Signed off the back of the 2014 world cup (and an impressive year with Monaco) and hasn't had a good season in around 5 years now.

He scored 1 half decent goal that I have scored many times before in Saturday and Sunday football in my prime, and everybody creamed their panties over him. If Real Madrid saw me play they would have signed me up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2020 15:44

Winston Biscuit

He had a good season at Real under Ancelotti and was decent enough at Bayern.

Like I said, For £20m, I think it's a very good signing for Everton.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 02 Sep 2020 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Sep 2020 15:47

I think his image has suffered somewhat because his transfer fee was so high (even at the time it was speculated that much of it was just RM getting a marketable South American asset) but after a fairly good first season at RM he has looked fairly average since.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Sep 2020 15:49

From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit

He had a good season at Real under Ancelotti and was decent enough at Bayern.

For £20m, I think it's a very good signing for a club like Everton

in todays market £20M is very little, so if he performs well enough to be a regular starter for them it will look like good business.

Disagree on his time in Germany though, did little to impress out there. As part of the loan agreement Bayern had the option to buy him for £35M and said no thanks.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Sep 2020 07:30

Great business by Everton buying Doucoure from Watford

EVEN better by West Brom buying Diangana from Wet Sham. Him and Pereira last season were ace. It makes it doubly sweet that their fans are going into absolute meltdown on Twitter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2020 09:47

Aston Villa splash the cash to sign Matty Cash from Nottingham Forest for around £15m. Good player.

10377 posts