Falmer

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Falmer

by Maguire » 22 Jun 2010 18:47

Nick Shorey my Lord! Took a snap of the stadium at the top of Ditchling Beacon on Sunday. Without question it's going to have one of the most picturesque settings from a far. It certainly pisses all over ours :wink:

LOL@pitcturesque setting, you total homlord

It's a football ground FFS. A big, ugly meccano construction which is better off on a relief road or a trading estate or anywhere else it actually fits in.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 22 Jun 2010 19:08

Wax Jacket :|

anyway capacity is around 28,000

what's wrong with our disabled facilities? I don't know how these things are done is all. Brighton's ground is built into a hillside, disabled supporters travelling by train have half a mountain to get up to get to the ground

the news said 22500 tonight. it looks like it could be bigger than that though, but the right size for brighton, with similar views to expanding at a later date.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 22 Jun 2010 21:45

Wax Jacket I think it'll be a pretty popular ground eventually, especially if they can run special matchday services into the city which should be easy enough as it's not a hugely busy line

A patient of mine today was telling me that all ST holders will get free travel on the local trains and buses on matchdays. Which I think is a fecking good idea.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jun 2010 22:05

brighton_royal
Wax Jacket I think it'll be a pretty popular ground eventually, especially if they can run special matchday services into the city which should be easy enough as it's not a hugely busy line

A patient of mine today was telling me that all ST holders will get free travel on the local trains and buses on matchdays. Which I think is a fecking good idea.

Yep - certainly is. Follwoing the German idea where the ticket price includes public transport from the town/city centre.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 22 Jun 2010 22:13

Dirk Gently
brighton_royal

Yep - certainly is. Follwoing the German idea where the ticket price includes public transport from the town/city centre.

have i read somewhere on here that you're a member of star? it would be good if star could bring this up with the football club and continue to push for it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jun 2010 22:27

Whilst I think it's a brilliant idea, I'm not sure it would work here.

Because of the location of the MadStad an awful lot of supporters come in via the M4, and to force them to go to the town centre just to get transport out to the MadStad would be madness - they'd not use it, and would probably resent the increase in ticket prices that would be required to cover this.

Personally I'd favour transport to/from park and ride areas included in ticket prices as well as town centre transport, but for that to work we'd first need to have a network of P&R areas setup - Winnersh, Foster Wheeler, Mereoak, somewhere around J12 and a few more.

But you can be sure that those who'd not use it would kick up a massive stink about paying an extra couple of quid per match (i.e. at least £50-£100 extra per season ticket) and so it would be really difficult to impose - the time to do this is when moving to a new stadium.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Jun 2010 04:18

Tails Did I read it on here or was it a discussion with a friend that Brighton have been criticising stadia like St Marys and Madejski? Apparently stadia like the Mad stad have been failing disabled supporters - something that Falmer will combat with suitable facilities for the lesser-abled followers.

Speaking as a disabled fan the Mad Stad is superb, it's the benchmark all new stadiums go buy.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jun 2010 12:17

Ha free transport, that's nothing RFC promised free parking.

Why didnt they paint the beams green???

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 23 Jun 2010 12:19

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 23 Jun 2010 12:45

Wycombe Royal
Row Z Royal AmEx Stadium

LOL

The American Express Community Stadium. What a great name........

Rolls off the tongue a bit better than some Polish name? :wink:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jun 2010 13:05

Thaumagurist*
Harpers So Solid Crew Why didnt they paint the beams green???

Are they painting them in pink?

Why would they paint them pink tho???

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Jun 2010 13:19

Harpers So Solid Crew
Thaumagurist*
Harpers So Solid Crew Why didnt they paint the beams green???

Are they painting them in pink?

Why would they paint them pink tho???

Hammerite primer?

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 25 Jun 2010 03:13

paultheroyal
Row Z Royal AmEx Stadium

LOL

Got quite a ring to it!!

I know we are discussing Brighton here but is that a homophobic joke?
A bit sad this, I used to think The Goldstone along with Griffin Park, Blundell Park and Craven Cottage was among the best of the old traditional grounds. Are there any pubs at this new place and can you get back to Clapham Junction after an evening game?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 25 Jun 2010 08:00

Going off topic a bit I know what you mean about the old grounds. I used to like the character of Deepdale before it was redeveloped and Roker Park.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 25 Jun 2010 10:05

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 25 Jun 2010 10:31

Negative_Jeff Are there any pubs at this new place and can you get back to Clapham Junction after an evening game?

everything will involve going back into Brighton. hopefully the Uni halls will open for fans (LOL @ me for suggesting that).

plenty of late evening trains back from Brighton to Clappers

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 25 Jun 2010 20:40

Wax Jacket
Negative_Jeff Are there any pubs at this new place and can you get back to Clapham Junction after an evening game?

everything will involve going back into Brighton. hopefully the Uni halls will open for fans (LOL @ me for suggesting that).

plenty of late evening trains back from Brighton to Clappers

Agreed. Feck all for football fans around the ground but loads of good boozers within 5 mins walk of Brighton station - which has trains to CLJ that take 45 mins. Getting into Brighton town centre after the match will be the key.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 20 Jan 2011 14:17

As a lover of decent ales, this latest news coming out about the AMEX Stadium almost makes me want to switch allegiances. I think RFC could learn a lesson or two about supporting small, independent local beer companies.

As regards the beer, for you lager lovers Heineken - one of the better ones in my opinion - is going to be the main stadium lager. Dark Star Hophead and Harveys will be on sale in at least one of the concourses in every part of the ground as already mentioned. Cider will also be available. The same beers will be on sale in the supporters' bar. As long as sales there go well we can make a case for a wider selection of real ales/more speciality lagers etc in this bar.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Jan 2011 14:38

Irvinchangeyaname As a lover of decent ales, this latest news coming out about the AMEX Stadium almost makes me want to switch allegiances. I think RFC could learn a lesson or two about supporting small, independent local beer companies.

As regards the beer, for you lager lovers Heineken - one of the better ones in my opinion - is going to be the main stadium lager. Dark Star Hophead and Harveys will be on sale in at least one of the concourses in every part of the ground as already mentioned. Cider will also be available. The same beers will be on sale in the supporters' bar. As long as sales there go well we can make a case for a wider selection of real ales/more speciality lagers etc in this bar.

Keg courage best v Harveys. Hmmmmmm.......

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Jan 2011 16:15