Four Of Clubs Ascot United v Thame United

2 - 0 :lol:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Non - League thread 2010/11

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Apr 2011 21:44

Ascot United v Thame United

2 - 0

... good result for the Yellamen indeed - watched them on Thursday evening lose a two goal lead over Old Woodstock - mostly due to two unfortunate lapses from the returning from bad injury ex-RTFC star kp, Chris Grace.
The equalizer was real 'comedy treble'
- i) swung a leg at and missed an innocuous back pass
- ii) appeared to lunge after and bring down forward chasing the loose ball - no pen.
- iii) ball cleared; resultant hopeful poke from 20 odd yds went straight through him!

Saw two other games in the Hellenic One East midweek too - Woodley Town very impressive again at Milton on Mon night (W3-0) and Henley edged past Chalfont Wasps (2-1) on Tuesday.
Watch out for Woodley Town vs Newbury FC this coming Thursday (7th) - an odd night for football - 18:30 KO at East Park Farm nr Charvil - I hope to be there with the youngest. 8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other NL results this PM:-

FA Vase S-F 2nd Legs
Whitley Bay 3 – 1 Poole Town (agg 5-2)
Kings Lynn 2 – 3 Coalville Town (agg 2-6)

CONFS
Basingstoke 1-2 Ebbsfleet United
Braintree Town 1-1 Dorchester
Dover 2-0 Bishop's Stortford
Farnborough 2-2 Bromley
Hampton & Richmond 0-0 Boreham Wood
Havant and W 1-2 Chelmsford
Lewes 1-0 Maidenhead Utd :( ouch! Att: 66
St Albans 1-2 Dartford
Staines Town 0-5 Eastleigh
Thurrock 3-0 Weston-S-Mare
Woking 0-0 Welling

SOUTHP
Bedford Town 1 - 6 Cirencester Town
Cambridge City 7 - 1 Halesowen Town
Chesham United 0 - 0 Bashley
Didcot Town 2-0 Tiverton Town
Oxford City 2 - 2 Salisbury City
Truro City 7 - 2 Swindon Supermarine
SOUTH1C
Arlesey Town 3 - 1 Marlow
Barton Rovers 6 – 2 Ashford Town (Middx)
Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 -3 North Greenford United
Bedfont Town 1 - 1 Uxbridge
Burnham 0 - 2 Slough Town att 307
SOUTH1S&W
Abingdon United 1 - 0 AFC Totton – bit of a shock may have been ex-RTFC Parfitt with the goal?
Andover 0 - 4 Bridgwater Town
Hungerford Town 0 - 1 Sholing
North Leigh 5 - 2 Clevedon Town - crazy aggregate goals continue in games involving 'Nor Lye' that’s 33 in 6 incl. a 0-8 and they’ve had TWO 5-4 wins earlier this season too.
Wimborne Town 1 -4 Thatcham Town

COCOP
Badshot Lea 1-1 Horley Town
Banstead Athletic 4-3 Croydon
Bookham 1-2 Chertsey Town
Camberley Town 1-0 Chessington & Hook United
Cove 3-0 Mole Valley SCR
Egham Town 2-3 Colliers Wood United
Guildford City 1-1 Raynes Park Vale
Hanworth Villa 1-0 Ash United
Molesey 1-1 Dorking
Wembley 1-2 Sandhurst Town
COCO1
Bedfont Sports 3-1 South Park
Chobham P-P Hayes Gate – see below re FNE – some rumours abound the away side may have had problems getting an XI out – though equally Chobham have had issues of this nature in recent times – so I can’t say for certain yet.
Cobham 1-4 Westfield
Eversley 3-2 Feltham
Farleigh Rovers 4-1 Sheerwater
Farnborough North End P-P Warlingham – no confirmation why yet but I could speculate its got something to do with the Cody Sports Ground they (FNE) were evicted from in the New Yr. Since then their form has been wretched and perhaps for today’s scheduled game they failed to raise an XI (ironically was due to be played back at Cody S&SC for the first time since December) Maybe regretting the switch from the Wessex now, though the travelling should have been easier/cheaper?
Farnham Town 1-1 Hartley Wintney
Knaphill 6-4 Frimley Green
Worcester Park 2-1 CB Hounslow United

HELLP
Ardley United 5-1 Reading Town – lead at the top still 5 points over 2nd place Slimbridge with ‘Moles’ in 3rd a point further behind; both with a game in hand over the leaders. I’d expect Binfield benefited from having their Thu eve Cup game called off – whereas Wantage had a tough defeat in the league at home to Slimbridge.
Ascot United 2-0 Thame United
Bracknell Town 3-1 Pegasus Juniors
Carterton 1-4 Flackwell Heath
Fairford Town 1-4 Witney United
Highworth Town 5-1 Wantage Town att 202
Kidlington 1-3 Binfield - great result considering a couple of months ago Binfield were woeful ‘on the road’
Shortwood United 3-1 Old Woodstock Town
Shrivenham 4-3 Abingdon Town
Wootton Bassett Town 1-2 Slimbridge
HELL1E
Chalfont Wasps 4-1 Chinnor
Henley Town 3-0 Didcot Town Reserves
Milton United 3-2 Farnborough Reserves
Newbury 1-2 Holyport
Woodley Town 2-1 Rayners Lane

WESS1
Tadley Calleva 3 - 1 Verwood Town

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Apr 2011 21:53

Four Of Clubs Watch out for Woodley Town vs Newbury FC this coming Thursday (7th) - an odd night for football - 18:30 KO at East Park Farm nr Charvil - I hope to be there with the youngest. 8)

Could be all over this, it's a goalkick away from my folks so I could nip back at half time and have mini kievs with alphabetty-spaghetti cooked by me mum.

FOC - How much is it to get in (can you even charge to watch football in a public park :lol: ) and do Woodley do a programme? If the answer to question 2 is NO then for that reason I will be OUT.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 Apr 2011 00:41

Yup - they usually do a prog but not likely to be a big print run though so get there in good time to grab one.

...... Would not expect to pay more than £4 entrance cd be less?
They aren't exactly blessed with facilities! :wink:
It's £5 @ proper enclosed grounds like Henley ; East Farm is little more than a big Rec!

From memory you pay at the Tea Tent and admission fee is by programme
.... Got an idea it was only a couple of quid last season.

Might need to check ko -time . No lights means it's often at the whim of the ref
Gets a bit gloomy by 8 pm so don't bank on a long interval for Tea @ your mum's!

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 03 Apr 2011 14:17

When i went to Woodley lAst season it was £2 programme which you#re encouraged to buy.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 03 Apr 2011 23:16

floyd__streete
Four Of Clubs Watch out for Woodley Town vs Newbury FC this coming Thursday (7th) - an odd night for football - 18:30 KO at East Park Farm nr Charvil - I hope to be there with the youngest. 8)

Could be all over this, it's a goalkick away from my folks so I could nip back at half time and have mini kievs with alphabetty-spaghetti cooked by me mum.

FOC - How much is it to get in (can you even charge to watch football in a public park :lol: ) and do Woodley do a programme? If the answer to question 2 is NO then for that reason I will be OUT.

I know one of the match officials and he says KO is 6pm. I've no idea how players with full time jobs are supposed to be available for a midweek 6pm KO.

All Prem and Div 1 clubs in Hellenic League have to produce a programme and if they charge only £1.00 then it doesn't even cover printing costs.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Apr 2011 18:35

Four Of Clubs Lewes 1-0 Maidenhead Utd :( ouch! Att: 66

I thought that crowd looked suspisciously tiny, despite seeing it listed at 66 in a couple of papers. It should actually be 626 according to the Lewes site.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 04 Apr 2011 21:55

Basingstoke 3-4 Maidenhead :shock: :shock: :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Apr 2011 22:48

AndyRFC Basingstoke 3-4 Maidenhead :shock: :shock: :shock:

thriLOLOLer

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 05 Apr 2011 08:44

AndyRFC Basingstoke 3-4 Maidenhead :shock: :shock: :shock:

Saw the result last night on ceefax.

:shock:

Is that Maidenhead's first win in the league in 2011?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Apr 2011 00:26

I know one of the match officials and he says KO is 6pm. I've no idea how players with full time jobs are supposed to be available for a midweek 6pm KO.

... how sure are you about this? They (Woodley Town) played tonight - supposedly in an 18:30 KO which is the norm - in a 1-2 defeat @ Finch.

I cannot imagine they'd bring the official KO forward 1/2 an hour. I would expect it would also very much depend on when the Newbury players arrive?

Plus, following their somewhat surprising win @ previous leaders Holyport last month it seems they must've done something untoward cos they've had the three points deducted from that fixture!

Alan Partridge on 04 Apr 2011 22:48

AndyRFC wrote:
Basingstoke 3-4 Maidenhead

thriLOLOLer

... it certainly was - I had a 'bonus' free-pass out on Monday night 'cos the youngest has already broken up for Easter (No! He's not an Egg! :roll: ) and took him along to see 'stoke vs Mapgpies @ the Camrose last night.
Coincidentally about 6 years after I'd taken his elder brother to the very same fixture.

... turned into a right belter - though the Basingstoke keeper had a big hand (or not as the case may have been!) in a couple of the Maidenhead goals.

In spite of going an early goal down - getting it back to 1-1 with a pen then conceding again almost straight away - The Magpies - though 2nd best for much of the first half - just kept going and equalized right on HT.

Jefferson L up front was slow, clumsy, poor in possession and would appear to struggle to pass the time of day let alone a ball - BUT like the rest of his teammates he just kept going and going and was rewarded with the result as much for sheer bloody minded doggedness.

'stoke fell 2-4 behind mostly thanks to Morris the home keeper's, hopelessness under the high ball - real comedy 4th - worth looking for if/when the official site post it as a video. Got a goal back with about 15' left then had a pen. well saved by Williams.

Not sure they'll get out of trouble but at least they'll feel better about themselves after this long-awaited win.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Apr 2011 13:43

I too thought 6/7 points no chance but

They play Hampton (h), Thurrock, Staines, Dorchester (h), Dartford (h)

Literally nothing to be scared of there. Only one of the top (ish) sides they have to play is Eastleigh.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Apr 2011 13:54

Maidenhead United have a less convincing defence than OJ Simpson, but he got out of trouble.....

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 07 Apr 2011 13:05

Four Of Clubs

... how sure are you about this? They (Woodley Town) played tonight - supposedly in an 18:30 KO which is the norm - in a 1-2 defeat @ Finch.

I cannot imagine they'd bring the official KO forward 1/2 an hour. I would expect it would also very much depend on when the Newbury players arrive?

Plus, following their somewhat surprising win @ previous leaders Holyport last month it seems they must've done something untoward cos they've had the three points deducted from that fixture!

I'm probably wrong, maybe 6pm is the arrival time. A match starting at 6:30pm won't be completed until 8:15pm which must be pushing the light levels at this time of year. Ascot United played last night with a 7:45pm KO and floodlights were turned on just as the teams can out. It was very sunny and bright last night and on a dull evening the lights would have been needed earlier.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Apr 2011 13:23

AFC Totton look to be strolling away with the Div 1 S&W league now - 8-0 up at HT against Andover, finally winning 9-0.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 07 Apr 2011 16:08

Warfield Royal
Four Of Clubs

I'm probably wrong, maybe 6pm is the arrival time. A match starting at 6:30pm won't be completed until 8:15pm which must be pushing the light levels at this time of year. Ascot United played last night with a 7:45pm KO and floodlights were turned on just as the teams can out. It was very sunny and bright last night and on a dull evening the lights would have been needed earlier.

6.30pm does seem a bit late k/o so early in April.I guess the two managers might agree in advance of kick off a shortened half time.

I saw some local park football on a midweek evening last season and recall a second half starting when it was getting dark having said that it had thrown it down with rain during the first half, in the end I think the ref finished early as neither side had anything to play for and it was about 5-1 though in the Hellenic League I guess this isn't possible!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Apr 2011 16:57

Warfield Royal I'm probably wrong, maybe 6pm is the arrival time. A match starting at 6:30pm won't be completed until 8:15pm which must be pushing the light levels at this time of year. Ascot United played last night with a 7:45pm KO and floodlights were turned on just as the teams can out. It was very sunny and bright last night and on a dull evening the lights would have been needed earlier.

.... glad you raised the concern though - made me make the (not inconsiderable) effort of chasing down an answer - finally tried e-mailing the Sec from the contacts section of the WTFC website and he's very kindly responded this PM. :D
In spite of the fact my poxy Service Provider's s/w has a real hissy fit interacting with MS Outlook AND 'hotmail' accounts. :evil:

Anyways: officially KO IS 18:30 BUT they will try and get going earlier (maybe 10') if at all possible, to avoid playing in the dark at the end.
Depends on all the officals being there in good time and of course both sets of players.

Me and the eldest were at Cricklade v Headington Amateurs (N. of Sw!nedon) last night (Wed) and it was only just still playable nr Full Time @ about 20:00h - not very easy for the spectators to follow either.
... bear in mind that's a fair way further West too - I'd expect Woodley might get darker a good few mins earlier??

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Apr 2011 18:06

..apols for the continuing tardiness of the Preview/Review - touch of the lurgy and busy Sat AM intervened this week:

...got to Woodley 2-1 Newbury on v.pleasant Thu eve - nice crowd 50+ = good to chat with HH from here too.
Prog available from the Chairman who doubled as 'Tea-Lady'.
Nice of him to give my youngest a cup of milk in the absence of cold-drinks. :)
.... game finished in acceptable light: Newbury were woeful up front and dodgy at the back - started just before 18:30 minus a Newbury player and lino!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... and results from yesterday's 'local' NL :

CONFS
Bishop's Stortford - Basingstoke 0-2
Borehamwood - Havant & W'ville 1-0
Bromley - Braintree Town 0-3
Chelmsford - Staines Town 3-1
Dartford - Woking 3-2
Dorchester - Lewes 0-0
Eastleigh - Thurrock 3-1
Ebbsfleet Utd - St Albans 4-0
Maidenhead Utd - Hampton & R'mnd 0-0
Welling Utd - Farnborough 1-0
Weston-s-Mare - Dover 1-4

ISTH1S
Fleet Town 0-2 Met Police
Godalming Town 0-1 Eastbourne Town

SOUTHP
Chippenham Town 1 - 2 Truro City – 3 points clear at the top again and the chasing sides have used up all their games in hand
Leamington 3 - 2 Chesham United
Salisbury City 0 - 3 Evesham United
Swindon Supermarine 2 - 0 Didcot Town – Diddy in the bottom three – 1 point behind Weymouth but with 1 game in hand – however the ‘Terras’ last three games are against 1st 3rd and 6th – so there may be some chance of escape – especially with Windsor’s demise reducing the relegation slots to two?
SOUTH1C
Ashford Town (Middx) 2-2 Burnham
Marlow 0 - 0 Beaconsfield SYCOB
North Greenford United 1-0 Leighton Town
Slough Town 4 – 3 Northwood
SOUTH1S&W
AFC Totton 7 – 0 Hungerford Town
Frome Town 3 – 0 Andover
Sholing 4 -1 Abingdon United
Stourport Swifts 0-4 North Leigh
Thatcham Town 1-1 Yate Town

COCOP
Ash United 1 2 Raynes Park Vale
Chertsey Town 1 0 Camberley Town
Croydon 1 0 Egham Town
Dorking 3 1 Badshot Lea
Guildford City 2 0 Sandhurst Town
Horley Town 0 3 Cove
COCO1
Farleigh Rovers 1 0 Cobham
Feltham 1 0 Farnham Town
Frimley Green 0 0 Westfield
Hayes Gate 7 1 Farnborough North End
Knaphill 2 0 Bedfont Sports
Sheerwater 0 1 Chobham
Warlingham 2 1 Eversley
Worcester Park 0 0 Hartley Wintney

HELLP
Abingdon Town 2 3 Slimbridge
Kidlington 1 1 Wootton Bassett Town
Old Woodstock Town 2 0 Carterton
Oxford City Nomads 2 2 Binfield
Shrivenham 1 2 Bracknell Town
Thame United 3 0 Fairford Town
Wantage Town 4 3 Witney United
Wokingham & Emmbrook 0 2 Ardley United
HELL1E
Rayners Lane 5-0 Milton United
South Kilburn 1-2 Chalfont Wasps
Reading Senior Cup Semi-Final
Marlow United 0-0 Flackwell Heath - win 4-1 pens will play winner of this Tuesday’s tie (Newbury or Wok & Emm) at the MadStad in May –
Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd
Woodley Town 3-2 Pegasus Juniors

WESS1
United Services Portsmouth 0 - 2 Fleet Spurs

....my efforts are not helped by the damn scroll feed problem happening again today - means I can't see what the &^%$ I'm typing - & I can't easily highlight/italicise either!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday still feeling slightly ‘iffy’ – I persuaded my mate to stay very local @ the delightful setting of Ardington & Lockinge FC for the North Berks Cup semi between Saxton Rovers & AFC Benson (3rd in 1st Div vs 1st in 2nd)
Two minor downers:
- game went to ET & pens – so inspite of it being an early KO (14:30) we were still back home at about the same time as we had been for a 15:00 game.
- Clubhouse bar didn’t open until 16:15 – presumably planning to to get punters in for the National – trouble was ET had just started – meant I missed a goal scored at the start of ET saw SR’s almost instant equalizer from the bar.

Otherwise game itself was a belter – Saxton given two Reds right on half time at 0-1 down – one slightly harsh for a fairly soft push/punch/elbow. 2nd to a really gobby sub who’d been in the Refs face from the minute he came on – justified or not he was a Card waiting to happen and possibly wrecked his own teams chances of getting to the Final, against lower opponents. The 1st division team did equalize fairly late on to take the game into ET.
Benson missed a raft of chances in ET but late got two in quick succession to win
4-2 and they now meet 4th Divison leaders Berinsfield in the Final sometime in May - not sure where the Final will be but could be worth looking out for!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Apr 2011 19:10

Four Of Clubs ...got to Woodley 2-1 Newbury on v.pleasant Thu eve - nice crowd 50+ = good to chat with HH from here too.
Prog available from the Chairman who doubled as 'Tea-Lady'.
Nice of him to give my youngest a cup of milk in the absence of cold-drinks. :)
.... game finished in acceptable light: Newbury were woeful up front and dodgy at the back - started just before 18:30 minus a Newbury player and lino!

Good to meet you too sir 8)

Very entertaining game, disappointed with Newbury who were the higher placed team if I'm not mistaken. The assertion that they were woeful up front is slightly harsh as they created three super chances at 1-0 down and failed to take them, and I felt they were the better team first half. Woodley's defence first half was awful and you'll need to ask the Newbury no.9 how they kept a clean sheet. Second half much more of an even contest, and a game which Woodley saw out well despite conceding late on.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Apr 2011 21:12

Took in Maidenhead's goalless draw with Hampton & Richmond. All i can say is, not one for the purists! Going to York Road these days is like being on a Japanese endurance game show. How long can you last before you break? Still no home win since August and only 12 goals scored all season.

10442 posts