The Non - League thread

10507 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 31 Dec 2017 19:30

double d
Four Of Clubs

.... not been to any of the clubs in that town - I think there are 6 to choose from now including groundshares

Eastbourne town
Eastbourne borough (are they the highest ranked in conf south?)
Eastbourne fc???

Don't know the rest

Langney Wanderers @ Boro's Priory Lane
Little Common @ United Association's Oval

.... and you'll have to bear with me for the third/sixth one but my guess would be someone else low down in the Sussex Leagues lodging at Town's Saffron ground :mrgreen: where Windsor are bound next w/e ... otherwise it'd be a mite crowded?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.. and here's tomorrow's fixtures: (be warned there have been a few inspections announced already after further downpours today - some of them quite close by :Fleet, Northwood, Hanwell)

Monday 1st January

New Year’s Day

NAT
Solihull Moors v Maidenhead United
13:00 Woking v Aldershot Town
NATN
Brackley Town v Leamington
NATS
Bognor Regis Town v Havant & Waterlooville
Chelmsford City v Braintree Town
Chippenham Town v Hungerford Town
Dartford v Welling United
East Thurrock United v Concord Rangers
Eastbourne Borough v Whitehawk
Hemel Hempstead Town v St Albans City
Oxford City v Gloucester City
Truro City v Poole Town
Wealdstone v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Weston-super-Mare v Bath City

ILP
Burgess Hill Town v Dorking Wanderers
Staines Town v Metropolitan Police
IL1S
Chipstead PP Guernsey - postponed early - waterlogged and presumably they doubted it would improve enough to warrant the Green Lions/Donkeys or whatever they call themselves - flying over.
Corinthian-Casuals v Walton Casuals
Molesey v Whyteleafe

SLP
Chesham United v Slough Town
Farnborough
v Basingstoke Town
Stratford Town v Banbury United
SL1E
Fleet Town v Hartley Wintney
Hanwell Town v Hayes & Yeading United
Northwood v Chalfont St Peter
Thame United v Aylesbury United
SL1W
Swindon Supermarine v Kidlington
Winchester City
v AFC Totton

... might check weather and traffic and decide tomorrow AM - mate wants Margate v Folkestone :shock: though more 'sensible' alternatives i.e. for a start somewhere new for both of us and NOT anti-clock M25, would be equally many the mile away - Witham or Tamworth for example.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 Jan 2018 22:42

Results from today's NL games:

New Year’s Day

NAT
Solihull Moors 3-1 Maidenhead Unitedboth sides reduced to 10 men before H/T
Woking 1-2 Aldershot Town – att 3790 - Sh!ts win it on 90’, both goals scored by Scott Rendell which takes them up to 2nd spot.
NATN
Brackley Town 1-1 Leamington

- Got up beyond Brum to a local derby in the Vanarama National North at The Lamb Ground:
Tamworth 2-0 Nuneaton Town att 1023.
- Good feisty affair too that swung back and forth. The home side ran out comfortable winners in the end but had been on a terrible run of home form recently; such that the ‘locals’ were expecting another pasting from their much lower placed neighbours from just down the A5. Indeed they’d been whupped 4-1 at their place as recently as Boxing Day.
- Quite a pleasant STEP02 old-fashioned terraced stadium – some seated cover but oddly reminiscent of Elm Park in a smaller slightly less tatty state. Shallow stepped terracing with odd little gateways at intervals along the back of the stands.
- Decent football grub – medium-sized bar but mostly ‘swill’ on draught – big Car Park (£2) – so no pnobbing about looking for the nearest multi-storey – though we had arrived in plenty of time if needs must. All in the shadow of the SnowDome

NATS
Bognor Regis Town 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville
Chelmsford City 2-2 Braintree Town
Chippenham Town 1-2 Hungerford Town1st half brace from Stefan Brown
Dartford 4-1 Welling United
East Thurrock United 2-3 Concord Rangers
Eastbourne Borough 1-4 Whitehawk – first win this season for the visitors, who remain 12 points adrift at the bottom and 19 points from safety
Hemel Hempstead Town 2-0 St Albans City
Oxford City 0-3 Gloucester City – Bulpit Lane up next for OCFC on Sat 6th
Truro City 3-1 Poole Town
Wealdstone 0-3 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Weston-super-Mare P-P Bath City

ILP
Burgess Hill Town P-P Dorking Wanderers
Staines Town 1-5 Metropolitan Police
IL1S
Corinthian-Casuals 1-0 Walton Casuals
Molesey P-P Whyteleafe

SLP
Chesham United 1-1 Slough Town Ben Harris on 76’ for Rebels – Generals level on 96’ .
Sluff host Hereford next w/e and the match is strictly all ticket – arrangements on their official website:

http://www.sloughtownfc.net/article/1369/Hereford:-Tickets-now-available-online

Farnborough 4-3 Basingstoke Town
Hereford 5-2 Redditch Utd – braces apiece for ex-Diddy lads Mills and Haysham
Stratford Town 2-3 Banbury United
SL1E
Fleet Town P-P Hartley Wintney
Hanwell Town P-P Hayes & Yeading United
Northwood P-P Chalfont St Peter
Thame United 3-1 Aylesbury United
SL1W
Swindon Supermarine 2-2 Kidlington
Winchester City 1-1 AFC Totton – by some account this was a decent effort from the Stags who were reduced to 9 men by the hour mark.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 02 Jan 2018 14:35

Four Of Clubs

Went to this yesterday - mostly in the hope of seeing Jamie Cureton (who i've since found out has left to play for Bishops Storford - my finger isn't really on the pulse)

Another fantastic strike from Sam Smart for 'Stoke - I'd put it down as a fluke if I hadn't seen him do exactly the same thing a few weeks back.

Skip to 1 minute 50:

http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/ ... 21628.html

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Jan 2018 22:54

BraisingsteakRoyal
Four Of Clubs

Went to this yesterday - mostly in the hope of seeing Jamie Cureton (who i've since found out has left to play for Bishops Storford - my finger isn't really on the pulse)

...wholly forgiven as it was a bit of a shock move - and only 'sideways' - combination of 'boro wage bill reduction and Bps Storford fans clubbing together, to fund the move. He had the ball in the net too, in their 0-3 defeat by Royston but it was ruled out for offside.

Apparently only two of the BS squad are within 20 yrs of Curo :lol:

... and of course there's a Royals connxn already, with JC's former team mate, Kevin Watson, in charge.

One Result locally from tonight (Tue) :-

SL1E Ashford Town 4-2 Marlow

mx

by mx » 03 Jan 2018 20:15

Four Of Clubs Winchester City 1-1 AFC Totton – by some account this was a decent effort from the Stags who were reduced to 9 men by the hour mark.

Indeed it was a decent effort from Totton. Their captain got himself sent off in the first half by giving the ref lip after he was booked for a bad tackle. Things got worse for them with 20 (?) mins to go when a Totton player got a straight red for a studs up lunge.

Winch just weren't incisive enough and couldn't get past Totton's backs to the wall defending. We would have won if our keeper hadn't given away a soft penalty when we were one up though. The fans seem very restrained. I just don't think we are good enough, and the manager is getting something wrong. We have thrown away too many home games, especially six pointers like this. It is very frustrating.

That said, I bumped into some mates I used to go to Reading with on Tuesday night. It seems I am still better off following Winchester.

Our pitch is rubbish at this time of year - boggy and cut up - but that is how it's going to be for a lot of the season and we need to adapt to it.

It was another football for a fiver day too. 325 attendance (of whom at least half were Totton - they are well supported for this level). There is bugger all point in doing big promotions if we are going to throw points away.

C'mon Winch! etc etc.
:roll:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 05 Jan 2018 19:05

... tomorrow's fixtures - be mindful of the very wet conditions in the South/East so there will be plenty of inspections - I believe there have been games called off already in the Thames Valley and Hampshire Leagues. :(

Saturday 6th Jan

FA Vase 4th Round
01 Newcastle Benfield (NL1 05) v Coleshill Town (MIDP 05)
02 Wisbech Town (UCP 05) v Bromsgrove Sporting (MIDP 05)
03 Cogenhoe United (UCP 05) v Wolverhampton S.C. (WMP 06)
04 Marske United (NL1 05) v Hinckley (MID1 06)

05 1874 Northwich (NWCP 05) v Pontefract Collieries (NCEP 05) (at Witton Albion) (Sun 3.00)
06 Stockton Town (NL1 05) v West Auckland Town (NL1 05)
07 Desborough Town (UCP 05) v Stourport Swifts (MIDP 05)
08 Melksham Town (WSTP 05) v Crowborough Athletic (SCEP 05)
09 Westfields (MIDP 05) v Hamble Club (WSXP 05)
10 Blackfield & Langley (WSXP 05) v Bracknell Town (HELP 05)
11 Leighton Town (SMP 05) v Norwich C.B.S. (EC1 06)
12 Newport (IoW) (WXSP 05) v Bradford Town (WSTP 05)
13 Eastbourne Town (SCP 05) v Windsor (HELP 05)
14 Horley Town (CCP 05) v Chichester City (SCP 05)
15 Tring Athletic (SMP 05) v Hullbridge Sports (ESS 05)
16 Thatcham Town (HELP 05) v Biggleswade (SMP 05)
- Plan A is still to make an attempt at Eastbourne Town to follow the flamboyantly attired Windsor. :mrgreen:

NAT
Dover Athletic v Aldershot Town
Maidenhead United v FC Halifax Town
Woking v Maidstone United
NATN
Nuneaton Town v Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City v Truro City
Braintree Town v East Thurrock United
Concord Rangers v Dartford
Gloucester City v Weston-super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Hemel Hempstead Town
Havant & Waterlooville v Wealdstone
Hungerford Town v Oxford City
Poole Town v Chippenham Town
St Albans City v Chelmsford City
Welling United v Eastbourne Borough
Whitehawk v Bognor Regis Town

ILP
Dorking Wanderers v Wingate & Finchley
Staines Town v Burgess Hill Town

SLP
Banbury United v Hitchin Town
Basingstoke Town v Kettering Town
Redditch United v Farnborough
Slough Town
v Hereford
Tiverton Town v Chesham United
SL1E
AFC Dunstable v Aylesbury
AFC Rushden & Diamonds v Marlow
Arlesey Town v Fleet Town
Aylesbury United v Ashford Town (Middx)
Cambridge City v Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter v Barton Rovers
Egham Town v Northwood
Hartley Wintney v Bedford Town
Hayes & Yeading United v Kempston Rovers
Moneyfields v Thame United
Uxbridge v Beaconsfield Town
SL1W
Kidlington v Barnstaple Town
Larkhall Athletic v Swindon Supermarine
North Leigh v Slimbridge
Paulton Rovers v Winchester City
Shortwood United v Didcot Town

CCLP
Balham v North Greenford United
Camberley Town v Colliers Wood United
CB Hounslow United v AFC Hayes
Chertsey Town v Banstead Athletic
Redhill v Epsom & Ewell
Farnham Town v Westfield
Hanworth Villa v Spelthorne Sports
Knaphill v Bedfont Sports
Suttton Common Rovers v Guildford City
Walton & Hersham v Godalming Town
CCL1
AC London v Staines Lammas
Ash United v Bedfont & Feltham
Cobham v Chessington & Hook United
FC Deportivo Galicia v Eversley & California
Frimley Green
v Farleigh Rovers
Kensington Borough v Raynes Park Vale
South Park Reserves v Bagshot
14:00 Worcester Park v Sheerwater

HELLP
Ascot United v Abingdon United
Brackley Town Saints v Longlevens
Flackwell Heath v Fairford Town
Highmoor Ibis v Woodley United
Highworth Town
v Burnham
Lydney Town v Wantage Town
HELL1E
14:15 Penn & Tylers Green v Wokingham & Emmbrook
Holyport
v Thame Rangers
Wallingford Town AFC v Didcot Town Reserves
HELL1W
14:15 Letcombe v Ardley United
HELL Supp Cup
AFC Aldermaston v Chalfont Wasps
Chinnor v Milton United
Sandhurst Town
v London Rangers

WESSP
Andover Town v Brockenhurst
Petersfield Town v Fareham Town - rumoured to very unlikely to pass inspection
Shaftesbury v Alresford Town
WESS1
Ringwood Town v Andover New Street
Tadley Calleva
v Alton
Verwood Town v Whitchurch United

...will update PP's when I can 8)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2018 19:20

Come see us behind the goal then FOC!

Big H can introduce us.

If he is still capable of speaking come KO that is.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jan 2018 17:32

A good day for the Hellenic as both Windsor and Thatcham progress to the last 16 in the Vase, with Bracknell going to a replay after drawing 3-3 away from home.

At the top of the league Highworth had a very surprising 1-1 draw with bottom of the table Burnham.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jan 2018 18:51

Eastbourne Town 1-3 Windsor

Unbelievable stuff from Windsor again today.

Eastbourne looked very sharp in the 1st half but, although we were 2nd best, we still had the best 3 chances in the 1st half hour.

When Eastbourne scores it was probably due and it looked like was going to be a struggle to contain them.

2nd half we came out much sharper and had an equal share of the game, winning a penalty (definite) with about 15 to go. The pen was won by sub teenager Nadir Shafi about 5 mins after coming on.

Eastbourne were still very dangerous on the break with some very nippy forwards and our keeper (another teenager) Hugo Sobte made some good saves to keep it Level.

Our second goal came as the game moved towards ET after a good break which sent Shafi sprinting down the right, pushed to a narrow angle he fired an unstoppable rocket from the edge of the 6 yard box into the roof of the net to send us into memorably wild celebrations.

7 minutes of added time saw end to end stuff, Windsor fans willing the final whistle. We then got a break to make it 3-1. No one could remember who scored it as all mental faculties were rendered irrelevant by more wild celebrations with the players.

The crowd must have been circa 500-600. Eastbourne has 3 drummers and a megaphone and made a right old racket all through the game. Very good natured.

The Windsor fans didn’t make a peep in the 1st half as the Eastbourne “ultras” (I kid you not!) group behind one goal and stay there so we were unable to congregate as normal. 2nd half was a whole different story and a brilliant atmosphere.

A super day out.

Were you there FOC?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2018 18:55

TJ No1 Slough Vs Hereford for me today.

Should be a decent crowd.

2-2

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Jan 2018 21:51

Sutekh
TJ No1 Slough Vs Hereford for me today.

Should be a decent crowd.

2-2

...was a mere 1561 - and '2-2' tells only part of a the story - Sluff led 2-0 on 92' and were well in control - then conceded on 93' & 96' to let the 'Bulls' grab a point.

...and 'yes' RR I was at The Saffrons - I bumped into 'TB' on the way in, chatted briefly and he pointed you out down the far end - we then both headed back outside to the Bar .... when me and my mate finally made our way down to near where you had been standing - about mid-way through 1st half, having got some food - you'd shifted somewhere.

Was a good day out for all of the Windsor fans and not a bad game for the (vaguely) neutral. :wink:
Agreed Eastbourne did look classier at times going forward but failed to add to their goal when it mattered - young Sobte being the main reason with some smart handling throughout. Though Windsor midfield stuck well to their task against some powerful opponents and their work rate wore Town down by late 2nd half - hence the 2 breakaway goals.

Nice to see the noisy home fans wait around and applaud Windsor off down their end too. Long way to go but worth it - I still have to do the other 2 Eastbourne grounds as well as Lewes and numerous others in the vicinity.

Sadly that's probably my lot for the Vase until the S-Fs (apart from replays) as the next 2 round dates (3rd & 24th Feb) clash with ritual disembowelments at the MadStad :|

In their game at Blackfield & Langley from the Wessex Premier, Bracknell levelled at 2-2 in stoppage time though B&L were down to 10 men from about 40'

Replay scheduled for Tue night at Larges - get there early! :mrgreen:

Fuller review tomorrow sometime. 8)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jan 2018 22:02

This is interesting because I think you may have the wrong man for TB!

When he arrived today I said you were probably coming and he asked me to introduce him to you. I said, “eh, I don’t know FOC, but he reckons he knows you!” He said he had never met you.

Near the end of the game he asked me if I’d seen you, but I think we scored then so I didn’t really get to respond.... maybe he was going to elaborate and say he had seen you and forgotten that you’d met up previously....

Oh well, what the heck - I was stone cold sober, he wasn’t. He often confuses me when he’s pissed!

Where did you stand 2nd half?

Linden Jones

by Linden Jones » 07 Jan 2018 08:58

Royal Rother Eastbourne Town 1-3 Windsor
The crowd must have been circa 500-600. Eastbourne has 3 drummers and a megaphone and made a right old racket all through the game. Very good natured.

The Windsor fans didn’t make a peep in the 1st half as the Eastbourne “ultras” (I kid you not!) group behind one goal and stay there so we were unable to congregate as normal. 2nd half was a whole different story and a brilliant atmosphere.

A super day out.

Were you there FOC?

Good article on Eastbourne Town fans: https://dbauckham.exposure.co/rules-of-engagement

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jan 2018 09:32

Nice one.

When Eastbourne had a penalty appeal turned down they chanted “The referee’s a Tory, The referee’s a Tory”.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Jan 2018 11:03

Something a bit different for me yesterday.

FA Vase 4th Round
Desborough Town 2 - 4 Stourport Swifts (AET) Att 290.

Desborough is a village just outside Kettering. A proper spit n sawdust non-league ground with big old fashioned floodlights, a watertower and not a lick of paint to the ground for years. Nice.

Game was a competitive slug on a pudding of pitch. Extra time wasn't welcome. It was freezing.

Stourport keeper didn't kick the ball until mid way through ET, to cheers all round. Just back from a broken leg, but apparently their reserve keeper was so sh1t he was the better option. Stourport wont go much further, they would be a good draw for the Hellenic sides.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jan 2018 14:37

Provocative posts are pretty out of place on this thread but to give a serious response or 2, the kit creates comment wherever the team plays which was the intention. Some don’t like it but at our level any publicity / attention is good.

As for the game against Bracknell, as I said at the time, we were completely outgunned playing against an impressive team with a huge wage bill for this level - we pay absolutely nothing - to anybody. To have reached the Last 16 of the FA Vase with a team made up of old men and teenagers is a huge achievement.

The last 2 rounds where we have beaten both Walton & Hersham and Eastbourne Town away rival any level of enjoyment I have had from football over the decades including Simod Cup Final, promotions, or even my son’s teams winning leagues and cups.

Most of the best players at non league level will go where the money is so it really is not a level playing field - the fact that Windsor are managing to upset the odds in the Vase is a huge credit to a really decent set of guys.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Jan 2018 20:47

Results from yesterday:

Sat 6th January

FA Vase 4th Round
01 Newcastle Benfield 1-1 Coleshill Town AET replay 13/01
02 Wisbech Town 1-3 Bromsgrove Sporting
03 Cogenhoe United 2-3 Wolverhampton S.C.
04 Marske United PP Hinckley re-sched 13/01
05 {SUN} 1874 Northwich 3-1 Pontefract Collieries
06 Stockton Town 2-1 West Auckland Town
07 Desborough Town 2-4 Stourport Swifts AET (FT 2-2)
08 Melksham Town 2-1 Crowborough Athletic att 686
09 Westfields 1-4 Hamble Club
10 Blackfield & Langley 3-3 Bracknell Town AET (FT 2-2) att 145 replay Tue 9/1
11 Leighton Town 5-2 Norwich C.B.S. AET (FT 2-2)
12 Newport (IoW) PP Bradford Town re-sched 13/01
13 Eastbourne Town 1-3 Windsor att 596
14 Horley Town 1-2 Chichester City att 317
15 Tring Athletic 5-1 Hullbridge Sports
16 Thatcham Town 2-1 Biggleswade att 216

NAT
Dover Athletic 1-2 Aldershot Town – Sh!ts gain ground on leaders Macclesfield who were held at home by lowly Solihull
Maidenhead United 0-0 FC Halifax Town att 1229
Woking 4-4 Maidstone United att 1874
NATN
Nuneaton Town 0-2 Brackley Town
Stockport County 2-2 Salford City – att 5002
NATS
Bath City 0-0 Truro City
Braintree Town 4-0 East Thurrock United
Concord Rangers 1-1 Dartford
Gloucester City 1-3 Weston-super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-0 Hemel Hempstead Town
Havant & Waterlooville PP Wealdstone
Hungerford Town 1-2 Oxford City OCFC gradually pulling clear of trouble, now only a point behind Hungerford
Poole Town PP Chippenham Town
St Albans City 2-1 Chelmsford City
Welling United 3-0 Eastbourne Borough
Whitehawk 2-2 Bognor Regis Town

ILP
Dorking Wanderers PP Wingate & Finchley – Wanderers move down the hill to Meadowbank, in the town centre is imminent. Was the ex Dorking FC’s ground but now much re-furbed and upgraded – was basic & quaint back in the day but very ‘grassy knoll-ish’ for those that remember it – minus the snipers! :twisted: … and was often prone to swampishness – the goal posts regularly sank a few feet after heavy rain!
I believe they have set a date for their first match there – The ‘Mole’ derby H v Leatherhead on Tue 27th Feb – and is all-ticket?

Staines Town 3-1 Burgess Hill Town

SLP
Banbury United 1-0 Hitchin Town
Basingstoke Town 3-2 Kettering Town – brace from Bunting – his 2nd on 90’ wins it
Redditch United {SEVEN} 7-1 Farnboroughrumbles that ‘boro’ have money issues again: specifically with playing staff budgets.
Slough Town 2-2 Hereford
Tiverton Town 1-2 Chesham United commendable result for the’ Generals’ at PO chasing Tivvy – only their 2nd home defeat this term. Helps out Rebels who have SIX games in hand and are 3 points off 5th place

SL1E
AFC Dunstable 2-0 Aylesbury
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0-0 Marlow
Arlesey Town 0-0 Fleet Town
Aylesbury United 2-1 Ashford Town (Middx)
Cambridge City PP Hanwell Town
Chalfont St Peter 1-2 Barton Rovers
Egham Town 2-2 Northwood
Hartley Wintney 2-0 Bedford Town
Hayes & Yeading United 3-0 Kempston Rovers
Moneyfields PP Thame United - waterlogged
Uxbridge 1-3 Beaconsfield Town
SL1W
Kidlington 5-2 Barnstaple Town
Larkhall Athletic 3-3 Swindon Supermarine
North Leigh 1-1 Slimbridge
Paulton Rovers 2-2 Winchester City
Shortwood United 3-3 Didcot Town

CCLP
Balham AA North Greenford United Abandoned Floodlight failure - bit embarrassing for 'host' club Colliers Wood as I thought they'd spent a lot of money on ground facilities this year :mrgreen: - presumably not on bulbs though! Seemingly went off at H/T with 'lodgers' Balham three up .

Camberley Town 3-0 Colliers Wood United
CB Hounslow United 4-3 AFC Hayes
Chertsey Town {SEVEN} 7-1 Banstead Athletic
Farnham Town 1-2 Westfield
Hanworth Villa 1-1 Spelthorne Sports
Knaphill 2-1 Bedfont Sports
Redhill 3-0 Epsom & Ewell
Suttton Common Rovers 3-1 Guildford City
Walton & Hersham 3-1 Godalming Town
CCL1
AC London 2-1 Staines Lammas
Ash United 5-4 Bedfont & Feltham
Cobham 5-2 Chessington & Hook United
FC Deportivo Galicia 2-2 Eversley & California
Frimley Green
3-2 Farleigh Rovers
Kensington Borough 4-0 Raynes Park Vale
South Park Reserves PP Bagshot
Worcester Park 0-1 Sheerwater great result for 2nd placed Sheers at league leaders – Park’s first league defeat at home this season
FRI – Fleet Spurs 1-4 Badshot Lea

HELLP
Ascot United 1-1 Abingdon United
Brackley Town Saints 0-1 Longlevens
Flackwell Heath 2-2 Fairford Town - good result for strugglers Town - 'Heathens' visit Yellamen on Tue night - their season is fizzling out fast
Highmoor Ibis 2-2 Woodley United
Highworth Town
1-1 Burnham - leaders stunned by bottom placed Burnham – sadly the Blues have also had three points deducted by the League which means they slip below Highmoor – haven’t found out why yet – will have a sniff about the league site – presumably ineligibility issues.

Lydney Town 0-4 Wantage Town
HELL1E
Penn & Tylers Green 1-0 Wokingham & Emmbrook
Holyport
{EIGHT} 8-1 Thame Rangers
Wallingford Town AFC 2-2 Didcot Town Reserves
HELL1W
Letcombe 1-1 Ardley United
HELL Supp Cup
AFC Aldermaston 2-1 Chalfont Wasps
Chinnor 2-4 Milton United AET
Sandhurst Town HW London Rangers - visitors unable to raise a side

WESSP
Andover Town 3-0 Brockenhurst
Petersfield Town 3-4 Fareham Town
Shaftesbury 1-1 Alresford Town
WESS1
Ringwood Town 1-3 Andover New Street
Tadley Calleva
{SIX} 6-1 Alton
Verwood Town 3-0 Whitchurch United

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Jan 2018 13:18

FA Vase draw for local clubs:

Windsor v Hamble Club
Thatcham v Bromsgrove Sporting
Coleshill/Newcastle Ben v Bracknell/Blackfield & Langley

Killer draw for Bracknell should they progress

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2018 13:47

Tony Le Mesmer FA Vase draw for local clubs:

Windsor v Hamble Club

Possible trip to Newcastle and Paul Brayson :shock: - you’d think they’d try to retain regionalisation for as long as possible

Reckon it looks bright for Windsor and Thatcham

As a matter of interest what sort of financial rewards do clubs get for progressing through the FA Vase rounds?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Jan 2018 15:24

Sutekh
Tony Le Mesmer FA Vase draw for local clubs:

Windsor v Hamble Club

Possible trip to Newcastle and Paul Brayson :shock: - you’d think they’d try to retain regionalisation for as long as possible

Reckon it looks bright for Windsor and Thatcham

As a matter of interest what sort of financial rewards do clubs get for progressing through the FA Vase rounds?

I think that the Windsor have picked up a grand total of £3,200 so far from this season's run plus the share from gate receipts. If we win the 5th round, the prize money for that is £2,500.

10507 posts