The Non - League thread

10516 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Royals and Racers » 20 Apr 2021 23:03

Four Of Clubs .... just spotted there were a full set of Hellenic Cup competition fixtures tonight ... and over the previous week or so - .... including Landlords v Lodgers at Stag Meadow (Windsor v VW - finished 0-1)

BCD :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Apr 2021 13:04

Four Of Clubs This evenings' NAT results

Aldersh!t 1-1 KLT
Wealdstone 0-6 Maidenhead Utd - 7 minute 2nd half hat-trick for the prolific Orsi-Dadomo
Woking 0-2 Torquay
Boreham Wd 0-0 Barnet
Chesterfield 1-2 Halifax

Ouch! Wealdstone shipped 13 goals in the last 2 home games.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Apr 2021 18:37

Binfield`s away FA Vase 5th round tie on Saturday(24th)being played at Hadley FC KO 3pm is being streamed by the home club- cost £6
details https://www.hadleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/fa ... tream.html

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 23 Apr 2021 11:12

Looks like the best we can hope for on the Plymouth Parkway v Flackwell tie is live commentary - details here https://www.spreaker.com/show/toolstati ... ue-podcast

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2021 13:45

Seems to have been missed but another localish side, Cobham (nicknamed the Hammers!), are also still in the vase and have a home game with Leighton.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Apr 2021 13:11

Sat 24th April

NAT Fixtures
Aldershot Town v Wealdstone
Altrincham v Barnet
Boreham Wood v Stockport County
FC Halifax Town v Bromley
King's Lynn Town v Dagenham & Redbridge
Maidenhead United v Woking
Solihull Moors v Yeovil Town
Torquay United v Notts County
Wrexham v Chesterfield

Late KO on BT Sport
17:20 Eastleigh v Sutton United - Spitfires welcome the current 2nd place side pressing for autos -some ex-pro pundits seem to think it's nailed on between 'pool or Torquay for top spot even though United have games in hand

Hartlepool v Weymouth re-arranged for the 29th May - according to Terras Twitter account the National League were keen to maintain the integrity of the competition and improve the prospects of an exciting conclusion to the season.

FA Vase Fifth Round

1 Hebburn Town v Congleton Town
2 Warrington Rylands v West Auckland Town - WA re-instated: N.Ferriby fielded an ineligible player in the previous round - you'd have thought they'd have learned: if I've read back correctly they were in a similar position following the 3rd Rnd v Seaham Red Star but on that occasion, the transgression merely warranted a replayed tie.

3 Walsall Wood v Anstey Nomads
4 Hanworth Villa v Long Eaton United
5 Cobham v Leighton Town
6 Hadley v Binfield
7 Tavistock v United Services Portsmouth
8 Plymouth Parkway v Flackwell Heath

.. so we have 2 representatives each from featured 'local' STEP05 and 06 NL leagues: Combined Counties (sides both located just inside the M25 - HV & Cobham) & Hellenic ('Moles' & 'Heathens'), as well as a pair from Spartan S.Mids (Hadley/Leighton)
Also worth a mention STEP06 outfit from the Wessex (USP) who would need to pull off quite a major shock away at a strong Western League side Tavistock

....vaguely considered a bit of 'lurking' around a Rec. this PM for a spot of sub-STEP06 NL 8) :
..... the weather was fine and there's no decent 15:00 game on the box - & plenty of local choice -TVL, NBerks,
Oxon Senior, Wilts & both Surrey Leagues, as well as some clubs at the lower end of the Hellenic, which is still running its Cup competitions.
Any decision was rather sideswiped by eldest 'borrowing' car - might still consider a jaunt out later this week (as I have some time off) or possibly leave it til early May ... don't expect any extensive reporting though ...... :mrgreen:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Apr 2021 17:11

Flackwell won 4-2 against 10 men Plymouth Parkway and will play away at USP who won 3-1 at Tavistock.
Binfield also won against 10 men - this time on Pens 5-4. They play away at Long Eaton who won 5-3 on pens (FT 2-2) at Hanworth Villa.
Both sending offs were late in the games. Matches are next Saturday May 1st.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 24 Apr 2021 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Apr 2021 17:33

Sat 24th April Results

NAT
Aldershot Town 2-0 Wealdstone
Altrincham 2-3 Barnet
Boreham Wood 0-3 Stockport County
FC Halifax Town 1-2 Bromley
King's Lynn Town 0-3 Dagenham & Redbridge
Maidenhead United 2-1 Woking- 2 more for Orsi-Dadomo both in the first half
Solihull Moors 5-1 Yeovil Town
Torquay United 2–2 Notts County - 'Gulls' head the table but will only stay there this evening if Eastleigh beat Sutton in the late game..... which is looking on just before HT, as the Spitfires have grabbed the lead.

Wrexham 0-0 Chesterfield

Result Late KO
Eastleigh 1-0 Sutton United

FA Vase Fifth Round

1 Hebburn Town 1-0 Congleton Town - winner for Hornets on 89'
2 Warrington Rylands 1-1 West Auckland Town - 3-1 pens
3 Walsall Wood 0-0 Anstey Nomads - WW win 5-4 pens
4 Hanworth Villa 2-2 Long Eaton United - LEU win 3-5 pens
5 Cobham 0-1 Leighton Town
6 Hadley 0-0 Binfield - 'Moles' progress 4-5 on pens :D :D :D
7 Tavistock 1-3 United Services Portsmouth - very unexpected win for the STEP06 side as both Western League outfits are dumped out
8 Plymouth Parkway 2-4 Flackwell Heath - phenomenal win for the 'Heathens'

Jinx

by Jinx » 24 Apr 2021 21:42

I assume all the teams in bold are local? Shows up my knowledge of local geography :D where the oxf*rd is Flackwell Heath or Hanworth Villa?? Played golf at Chobham but no idea on Cobham. Forgive my ignorance :oops:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Apr 2021 22:34

Jinx I assume all the teams in bold are local? Shows up my knowledge of local geography :D where the oxf*rd is Flackwell Heath or Hanworth Villa?? Played golf at Chobham but no idea on Cobham. Forgive my ignorance :oops:

No bother: teams on this thread in bold are what I have tagged as being from 'featured' local leagues; so those roughly within an hours journey - I wouldn't normally highlight HV nor Cobham in my usual non-league previews as they are set inside the M25.

Since there are no league games taking place from STEPS02-06 this thread is currently just operating for the top (National) level and the National FA competitions - in this case the FA Vase which has it's final at Wembley.
Thus I am occasionally highlighting clubs from our local leagues CCL HELLENIC & WESSEX - though the CCL goes round into Surrey nr Redhill (and for the moment Jersey!) - the Hellenic footprint currently stretches into Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and up into Northamptonshire; the Wessex even has clubs from the IoW and in the far west reaches as far as Portland.

Cobham is a small-ish 'village' just N of M25 jn 10 1st exit off the A3
Hanworth Villa is a bit further inside the orbital, close to the top of the M3, just north of Kempton Pk racecourse.
Flackwell Heath is E along the A4155 from Marlow and N up into the hills close to the M40 opposite High Wycombe.

...each of these clubs possess enclosed grounds that have their own fairly distinctive appeal and I've probably covered them in part on here over the years.
Sadly under current conditions it isn't feasible to visit, so there isn't that much point in me elaborating but in the coming months, hopefully NL fans will be able to return.
Flackwell Heath's Wilkes Park on Magpie Lane is a particular favourite of mine :D

The Cube

by The Cube » 25 Apr 2021 07:06

Four Of Clubs ....vaguely considered a bit of 'lurking' around a Rec. this PM for a spot of sub-STEP06 NL

A Rec? Sub-Step 6? You mean Aldershot, don't you? Doesn't get much more sub than that.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Apr 2021 08:44

Four Of Clubs Sat 24th April

....vaguely considered a bit of 'lurking' around a Rec. this PM for a spot of sub-STEP06 NL 8) :
..... the weather was fine and there's no decent 15:00 game on the box - & plenty of local choice -TVL, NBerks,
Oxon Senior, Wilts & both Surrey Leagues, as well as some clubs at the lower end of the Hellenic, which is still running its Cup competitions.
Any decision was rather sideswiped by eldest 'borrowing' car - might still consider a jaunt out later this week (as I have some time off) or possibly leave it til early May ... don't expect any extensive reporting though ...... :mrgreen:

I tried this the other week. Left after less than an hour. Awful standard, no one to talk to, no stands/terracing, no refreshments and no toilets. and you cant even count it as a 'tick', unless fields are your cup of tea.

Such a shame for clubs like Binfield and Flackwell Heath playing in front of no one. Cup runs like this are very rare and it just seems almost wasted to do it now. Same for Maidenhead who look set for there highest ever league posotion. Like they say, football is nothing without the fans.

Roll on August!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2021 10:09

Tony Le Mesmer
Four Of Clubs Sat 24th April

I tried this the other week. Left after less than an hour. Awful standard, no one to talk to, no stands/terracing, no refreshments and no toilets. and you cant even count it as a 'tick', unless fields are your cup of tea.

Such a shame for clubs like Binfield and Flackwell Heath playing in front of no one. Cup runs like this are very rare and it just seems almost wasted to do it now. Same for Maidenhead who look set for there highest ever league posotion. Like they say, football is nothing without the fans.

Roll on August!

And the next set of lockdowns.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Apr 2021 15:47

Binfield and Flackwell won`t play each other at Wembley in the Vase final as if they win the QF tie they meet in the semi.

The FA has invited clubs at Step 5 & 6 to apply for 'upward movement'.

Clubs are asked to submit details of their ground grading, security of tenure & finances by Monday 3rd May
the list can be found here
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 89/photo/1
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 89/photo/2

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Apr 2021 16:59

10 min video of Flackwell`s Vase victory on Saturday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yf8nXuxPS0

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Apr 2021 22:25

Fa Sunday cup semi finals yesterday for last seasons delayed one

Campfield fc beat Peterlee c.c 3-0..seems the league they're in has produced the cream of the sunday league crop for about 10 years. The Liverpool league with Wayne Rooney local pub team (and who 3 of his family including his brother play for) Oyster Martyr fc being strong

St Joseph Luton beat Portland FC (Croydon) 1-0

St Joseph's are full of conference prem and South players

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 Apr 2021 09:47

FA Vase Quarter Finals this coming Sat 1st May:

Warrington Rylands v Hebburn Town
(delayed to 8th May as Hebburn Town are playing the 2019-20 final on Monday 3rd May)
KO 13:00 Consett v Hebburn

Leighton Town v Walsall Wood
Long Eaton United v Binfield
United Services Portsmouth v Flackwell Heath

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...and tonight's NAT Fixtures: (Tue 27th)
Bromley v Chesterfield
Eastleigh v Notts County
19:00 FC Halifax Town v Woking
19:00 King's Lynn Town v Stockport County
Maidenhead United v Weymouth
19:00 Sutton United v Barnet
19:00 Torquay United v Aldershot Town
19:00 Yeovil Town v Solihull Moors

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Apr 2021 17:55

BT Sport have announced that the 2019/20 FA Trophy and Vase final on Monday May 3rd being played at Wembley BCD will be free- to -air.
Vase is Consett v Hebburn Town KO 1PM
Trophy is Harrogate Town v Concord Rangers KO 5pm

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Apr 2021 13:28

NAT Results from Yesterday (Tue 27th) :

Bromley 1-2 Chesterfield
Eastleigh 2-0 Notts County - 'Spitfires' up into PO spot (7th) just behind Chesterfield on GD - but it is fairly tight down to Notts Co in 10th and at a stretch even Maidenhead could crash in amongst the pack, if they manage to win their (3) games in hand

FC Halifax Town 1-0 Woking - 'Cards' sunk by a goal from former striker Jake Hyde
King's Lynn Town 0-4 Stockport County
Maidenhead United 0-1 Weymouth - 'Magpies' missed late pen
Sutton United 1-0 Barnet
Torquay United 2-1 Aldershot Town - 'Gulls' grab win and with it top-spot with a 97' winner vs Sh!ts
Yeovil Town 3-0 Solihull Moors

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Apr 2021 13:35

Royals and Racers BT Sport have announced that the 2019/20 FA Trophy and Vase final on Monday May 3rd being played at Wembley BCD will be free- to -air.
Vase is Consett v Hebburn Town KO 1PM
Trophy is Harrogate Town v Concord Rangers KO 5pm

Yes, a couple of clubs will get to revel as cup holders for a whole 2 weeks or so :lol:

One would hope that, if possible, sides would only pick teams from the players who were in their squad last season

10516 posts