Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 29 May 2021 16:56

Final round of NAT results:

Sat 29th May

Altrincham 0-0 Torquay United
Barnet 2-0 Sutton United
Boreham Wood 1-4 Maidenhead United - somebody woke up the 'Magpies' - probably a bit of end-of-season bonhomie on show.
MUFC put on Lovett, the reverse kp, up front late on and he tapped in the fourth deep into injury time.'

Bromley 1-0 Notts County - Bromley edge out Wrexham from a PO spot
Dagenham & Redbridge 1-1 Wrexham
FC Halifax Town 1-2 Chesterfield
Hartlepool United 4-0 Weymouth
King's Lynn Town 4-4 Aldershot Town
Solihull Moors 2-0 Eastleigh -'Spitfires' fall short of a PO spot.
Woking 2-4 Wealdstone
Yeovil Town 0-1 Stockport

..not too certain of PO structure this season but my guess is it's :
Hartlepool v Bromley
Notts Co v Chesterfield
...winners progress to play Torquay or Stockport in the Semi-Finals
Final at Ashton Gate on 20th June.

... Last time I checked - Ascot had gone to pens after 0-0 in their Cup Final at Cobham v Redhill.
EDIT L2-4.

I trundled up to the Northcourt (Abingdon Utd) to see one of the Hellenic Cup Finals - D2 Presidents
Kintbury Rangers 2-2 Chinnor - Chinnor won 3-5 pens.
Clubhouse fully open , bar and hot food available , so almost back to normality - the League hadn't gone quite as far as producing a programme though - understandable really. :)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2021 19:25

‘Fun’ end to (what should be described as a decent) Magpies season (still part-time?).

Ex prolific Magpies striker Dave Tarpey has signed for Bracknell next season I believe
Wembley losers Binfield promoted under the forthcoming re-structures.....will be playing Thatcham and Brakkers next season :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 May 2021 13:08

League composition involving clubs local to the Berkshire area at steps 3-6 for season 2021/2022

STEP 3 - Southern League South Premier

Beaconsfield Town
    Chesham United
    Dorchester Town
    Farnborough Town
    Gosport Borough
    Harrow Borough
    Hartley Wintney
    Hayes & Yeading United
    Hendon
    Merthyr Town
    Metropolitan Police
    Poole Town
    Salisbury
    Swindon Supermarine
    Taunton Town
    Tiverton Town
    Truro City
    Walton Casuals
    Weston-Super-Mare
    Wimborne Town
    Yate Town

STEP 4 - Isthmian League South Central Division

Ashford Town (Middx)
    Basingstoke Town
    Bedfont Sports
    Binfield
    Bracknell Town
    Chalfont St Peter
    Chertsey Town
    Chipstead
    Guernsey
    Hanwood Town
    Marlow
    Northwood
    Staines Town
    South Park
    Sutton Common Rovers
    Thatcham Town
    Tooting & Mitham United
    Uxbridge
    Westfield
    Whyteleafe

STEP 5 - Combined Counties Premier North

Abbey Rangers
    Ascot United
    Burnham
    CB Hounslow United
    Edgware Town
    Egham Town
    Hanworth Villa
    Holyport
    North Greenford United
    Reading City
    Southall
    Spelthorne Sports
    St Panteleimon
    Talley Calleva
    Virginia Water
    Wembley
    Windsor
    Wokingham & Embrook

STEP 5 - Combined Counties Premier South

Badshot Lea
    Balham
    Banstead Athletic
    Beckenham Town
    Camberley Town
    Cobham
    Colliers Wood United
    Croydon Athletic
    Farnham Town
    Fleet Town
    Frimley Green
    Guildford City
    Horley Town
    Jersey Bulls
    Knaphill
    Molesey
    Raynes Park Vale
    Redhill
    Sheerwater
    Walton & Hersham

STEP 6 - Combined Counties Division One

Aldermaston
    Bagshot
    Bedfont & Feltham
    Berks County
    British Airways
    Chalvey Sports
    Cove
    Deportivo Galicia
    Enfield Borough
    Eversley & California
    Hayes
    Hillingdon Borough
    Hilltop FC
    Kensington & Ealing Borough
    Langley
    London Lions
    London Samurai
    Rayners Lane
    Sandhurst Town
    Woodley United

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 05 Jun 2021 12:28

NAT POs start :
Today (Sat 5th) 16:00 Notts Co v Chesterfield
Sun 6th 14:30 Hartlepool v Bromley

....Both on BT Sport 1

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jun 2021 18:08

Don’t tune into Non-League too often but playoff game today was great - two teams that just went for it, was a refreshing change to see!

Risky from Chesterfield not to include a sub GK on the bench - evidently backfired on them

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jun 2021 14:17

Bracknell Town manager earns £55k a year and some players are on £500 a week. Whose pumping the money into the club there? They are expecting big things 21/22 season.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 11 Jun 2021 20:20

Gary Johnson agrees to a new contract with Torquay FC. Hope they can make it back to the football league, bring Gary a massive WarChest and let’s goo!!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 23:40

paultheroyal Bracknell Town manager earns £55k a year and some players are on £500 a week. Whose pumping the money into the club there? They are expecting big things 21/22 season.

Can't say too much but let's just say they are good at moving money around.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Jun 2021 12:21

fartdad Gary Johnson agrees to a new contract with Torquay FC. Hope they can make it back to the football league, bring Gary a massive WarChest and let’s goo!!

...today's 1st Nat PO S-F has kicked off - Gulls took a 1' lead v Notts Co !

...might watch that instead of the Test ....

...other S-F Stockport v Hartlepool KO tomorrow (Sun 13th) mid-day.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jun 2021 22:06

4-2 to Torquay

Happy with that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2021 06:24

Going to be quite tough next season for the play-off winner, I would think.

Final not till late June with first game on 6th August, so will have half he break between seasons and time to build the squad as everyone else.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jun 2021 14:52

It’ll be either Torquay or the Monkeyhangers

Stockport 0 Hartlepool 1.

C’mon Gulls

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 14 Jun 2021 18:45

... Sad news possibly from the Isthmian South Central - Whyteleafe have announced their withdrawal from next season's league.

Reading their statement on the club site, would suggest they were stitched up by former owners and the current one's want them out of the Church Rd ground. This in spite of the club paying off 50k owed in back-rent.

...as per their rather bucolic name , the ground was a very green and pleasant one - or was when I went there some time ago - in a leafy valley off the road up to Croydon - A22 perhaps.

Don't think I saw them in action either; had a mind it must have been a groundsharing club as I attended on a Sunday.

Closer to home and several steps lower: Cookham Dean are said to be vacating their Alfred Major ground for next season - some rumble developing about a re-brand and ambitions to progress upwards from the Thames Valley League.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Jun 2021 09:13

Four Of Clubs ... Sad news possibly from the Isthmian South Central - Whyteleafe have announced their withdrawal from next season's league.

Reading their statement on the club site, would suggest they were stitched up by former owners and the current one's want them out of the Church Rd ground. This in spite of the club paying off 50k owed in back-rent.

...as per their rather bucolic name , the ground was a very green and pleasant one - or was when I went there some time ago - in a leafy valley off the road up to Croydon - A22 perhaps.

Don't think I saw them in action either; had a mind it must have been a groundsharing club as I attended on a Sunday.

Closer to home and several steps lower: Cookham Dean are said to be vacating their Alfred Major ground for next season - some rumble developing about a re-brand and ambitions to progress upwards from the Thames Valley League.

Loved Whytleafe's ground - very quaint and well laid out. Terrible shame. Also hearing its the same situation for Abingdon, following path with what happened to Basingstoke.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jun 2021 13:25

Four Of Clubs ... Sad news possibly from the Isthmian South Central - Whyteleafe have announced their withdrawal from next season's league.

Abingdon Town fc are in exactly the same boat- no ground and have withdrawn from the Hellenic league.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jun 2021 13:28

Stranded Going to be quite tough next season for the play-off winner, I would think.

Final not till late June with first game on 6th August, so will have half he break between seasons and time to build the squad as everyone else.

Final at Ashton Gate Bristol. £41 a ticket !!!!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jun 2021 13:21

paultheroyal

Loved Whytleafe's ground - very quaint and well laid out. Terrible shame. Also hearing its the same situation for Abingdon, following path with what happened to Basingstoke.

Reading played a pre season friendly there about 20 years ago, can’t remember anything about the game but the ground looked pretty good

Wonder if the Isthmian league will move another club up to take Whyteleafe’s place. If not then Bracknell, Binfield, Marlow etc. will be playing only 18 other clubs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Jun 2021 16:24

Play Off Final in extra time 1-1

Courtesy of the Torquay keeper scoring in the 5th minute of stoppage time :shock:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jun 2021 18:41

Sutekh
paultheroyal

Reading played a pre season friendly there about 20 years ago, can’t remember anything about the game but the ground looked pretty good

Wonder if the Isthmian league will move another club up to take Whyteleafe’s place. If not then Bracknell, Binfield, Marlow etc. will be playing only 18 other clubs.

My son played there 2 weeks ago, very nice football ground.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jun 2021 19:27

Hartlepool in league 2 again

10440 posts