The Non - League thread

10442 posts
Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 30 Nov 2020 17:01

Simmops
Four Of Clubs - not sure how reliable non-league player stats are though - do a search and they ALL invariably seem to have been signed by Aylesbury Utd at some time or other. :?

Re the Aylesbury thing.....

I've noticed that. Wtf is that about? Literally every nl player I've searched has played f them :lol:

..no idea - some kind of weird 'bot' thing going on in the original s/w search engine I'd expect; tho' unlikely - can't think how else?
- does rather give the impression, that everyone whose anyone locally has played for or signed up for, the 'Ducks' at some point in the last 15 years??

However - things are twitching into life again on the NL front : here's this midweeks BCD (at least I'd assumed they still are ?) National fixtures - but I don''t think too many (if any) below STEP02 have taken up the opportunity to launch into the restart as soon as this Wednesday - certainly haven't seen any mentioned round 'eresabout ..

... and I'm not too sure about the rights & wrongs of Dover, for example, travelling from Tier 3 to visit the 'Magpies'?

..for those interested this is on their twitter a/c

Streaming passes for tomorrow evening's game against @DoverAthletic
are now available to purchase via https://ticketpass.org/event/EDUDTK.

...and this is currently up on their website re supporters returning to York Rd:

CLUB UPDATE – SAFE RETURN OF SUPPORTERS
Maidenhead United were pleased to hear the Government’s decision to allow the return of supporters to sporting venues from 3rd December.
We will issue further updates on matches, ticket information and new match day protocols as soon as we have them available. In the meantime, we would ask fans to monitor our social media, newsletters and the website for updates and refrain from making direct contact with the club until further information is available.

... so don't ring them; they'll call you ! :lol:

Tuesday 1st December 2020
NAT
19:00 Chesterfield v Aldershot Town
Maidenhead United v Dover Athletic
Wealdstone v Torquay United
Woking v Sutton United
Yeovil Town v Eastleigh
NATN
Leamington v Brackley Town
NATS
Billericay Town v Chelmsford City
Chippenham Town v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Dorking Wanderers v Maidstone United
Hungerford Town v Oxford City
Tonbridge Angels v Concord Rangers

Wednesday 2nd December
Havant & Waterlooville v Hemel Hempstead Town

...will put up a preview of this w/e's NL games later in the week when decisions about crowd sizings/BCDs etc have been made/publicized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT : (minor bombshell and not strictly 'local' BUT....) since it's STEP05/6 news thought I'd would be worth highlighting :

Statement from the SECFL made at the weekend (as was the Kent League)

“The board of directors met this morning to discuss the implications of the newly-announced tier restrictions.
As you know, Kent is placed in Tier Three which covers around half of the clubs in our constitution for the 2020/21 season. All of our remaining clubs are placed in Tier Two regions. However, the board were also aware that many players live in Tier Three areas and play for Tier Two clubs, and vice-versa.
Under Tier Three restrictions, fans cannot attend matches, which have to be played behind closed doors. Fans can watch football at Tier Two grounds but the openings of bars and clubhouses is severely restricted.
We would be failing our responsibilities as a board and as a competition if we were to restart football and encourage players from Tier Three to play at Tier Two grounds just for the sake of football while the current tier levels are in place. This is a serious pandemic and the situation in Kent is greater now than it has ever been since March.
We will look to restart matches as soon as possible and with the next review of the Tier system due to be made in mid-December, we will re-assess the situation at this stage.
As a result, all matches in the Southern Counties East League are therefore suspended until Saturday, December 26."

- no idea how it affects National Competitions - does only stipulate 'League' - unless ALL Kent sides still involved in the FA Vase for example (don't think there are too many anyway - roughly half a doz.) are to withdraw en masse - which I s'pose is an option they might take?

... the only other snippet I have picked up on is that some other League Committees are allowing earlier PM KOs for those that want them - to enable clubs to save on the cost of Floodlighting - would probably need to be nearer 13:00 as it gets a tad gloomy by 15:00 odd ......

....more as I find it.... :wink:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Nov 2020 22:26

Not local but Northern counties East are not playing any league matches until January at the earliest.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Dec 2020 10:00

Royals and Racers Not local but Northern counties East are not playing any league matches until January at the earliest.

You would have to think that leaving it much later to restart will make any restart unlikely or a shortened campaign i.e. only playing each other once.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Dec 2020 10:08

Stranded
Royals and Racers Not local but Northern counties East are not playing any league matches until January at the earliest.

You would have to think that leaving it much later to restart will make any restart unlikely or a shortened campaign i.e. only playing each other once.

They won`t be alone in not restarting- too many clubs/leagues in tier 3 - and they are not prepared to restart without fans present.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Dec 2020 17:57

Maidenhead’s home game tonight against Dover is postponed- Covid problems amongst the opposition.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 Dec 2020 20:40

... tonights' NATS Fixture @ Billericay v Chelmsford also OFF due to positive Test result in the home coaching staff.

Results:

NAT
Chesterfield 0-0 Aldershot Town
Wealdstone 1-2 Torquay United
Woking 0-1 Sutton United
Yeovil Town 1-3 Eastleigh incl 1 from Ben House
NATN
Leamington 1-1 Brackley Town
NATS
Chippenham Town 0-3 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Dorking Wanderers 2-2 Maidstone United
Hungerford Town 1-4 Oxford City
Tonbridge Angels 2-0 Concord Rangers

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Dec 2020 17:52

Four Of Clubs ... tonights' NATS Fixture @ Billericay v Chelmsford also OFF due to positive Test result in the home coaching staff.

Results:

NAT
Chesterfield 0-0 Aldershot Town
Wealdstone 1-2 Torquay United
Woking 0-1 Sutton United
Yeovil Town 1-3 Eastleigh incl 1 from Ben House
NATN
Leamington 1-1 Brackley Town
NATS
Chippenham Town 0-3 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Dorking Wanderers 2-2 Maidstone United
Hungerford Town 1-4 Oxford City
Tonbridge Angels 2-0 Concord Rangers

Ben House is attracting interest from Charlton apparently, he could be on the move again in January.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 04 Dec 2020 14:17

NL preview for this w/e

Saturday 5th December

FA Trophy 1st Round Proper
32 Moneyfields v Truro City
34 Evesham United v Bideford AFC
35 Swindon Supermarine v Dorchester Town
36 Poole Town v Willand Rovers
- remainder of 1st round ties scheduled from Tue 8th (midweek)

FA Vase 1st Round Proper
67 Worthing United v Edgware Town - 31/10 - tie ordered to be replayed
79 Cheddar v Ashton & Backwell United
84 Brockenhurst v Street
85 Fareham Town v Roman Glass St George
89 Millbrook v Sherborne Town
Sun 6th
73 Stansfeld v AFC Hayes

FA Vase 2nd Round Proper
27 Ilford v Colney Heath
29 Wroxham v Milton Keynes Irish
30 Mulbarton Wanderers v Cogenhoe United
34 Stowmarket Town v Eynesbury Rovers
35 Stanway Rovers v Ampthill Town
36 Norwich CBS v May & Baker Eastbrook Community
38 Hadley v Raynes Park Vale
40 North Greenford United v Walsham Le Willows
41 Hanworth Villa v Corinthian
42 Newhaven v Binfield
43 Saltdean United v Deal Town
44 Horley Town v Chatham Town
45 Cobham v Risborough Rangers
46 Steyning Town Community v Walton & Hersham
47 Littlehampton Town v Sheppey United
50 Glebe v Kennington
51 AFC Uckfield Town v Guildford City
52 Plymouth Parkway v Newton Abbot Spurs
53 Christchurch v Cribbs
56 Bradford Town v Brimscombe & Thrupp
57 Wells City v Buckland Athletic
58 New Milton Town v Longlevens
60 Bridgwater Town v Royal Wootton Bassett Town
61 Clapton v Hamworthy United
63 Falmouth Town AFC v Bishop's Cleeve
64 Clevedon Town v Bitton AFC
SUN 6th
48 Sutton Common Rovers v Southall

NAT (all BCD)
Aldershot Town v Dagenham & Redbridge
Barnet v Wealdstone
Eastleigh v Maidenhead United
Notts County v Woking
NATN
Guiseley v Brackley Town
NATS
Braintree Town v Oxford City
Dorking Wanderers v Bath City
19:45 Eastbourne Borough v Dartford
Hampton & Richmond Borough v St Albans City
Havant & Waterlooville v Chelmsford City
Hungerford Town v Dulwich Hamlet

ISTHMIAN League has some League games scheduled from the 12th onwards and the first full programme appears to be commencing from the 19th.

SOUTHERN League were late with the news but it is clear they are not intending to start League games before 16th Dec or until home AND away fans can be safely accommodated - having originally shown a full programme for this w/e

CCLP
Camberley Town v Badshot Lea
Egham Town v Ascot United
Knaphill
v Frimley Green
Molesey v Colliers Wood United
Sheerwater v Redhill
Spelthorne Sports v CB Hounslow United
CCL
Ash United v Sandhurst Town
Chessington & Hook United v Bedfont & Feltham
Cove v Tooting Bec
Eversley & California v Dorking Wanderers Res
Farnham Town v Godalming Town
Fleet Spurs
v British Airways
Kensington & Ealing Borough v Epsom & Ewell
Westside v Bagshot

HELLENIC League games not re-started yet – looks as if they’ll resume from the 12th.

WESSEX League does re-start but only 2 games with Bournemouth hosting Portland in the Premier division and one game from Div 1 on the IoW.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Dec 2020 16:29

NL Results from yesterday :

Saturday 5th December

FA Trophy 1st Round Proper
32 Moneyfields 1-5 Truro City
34 Evesham United 1-1 Bideford AFC (5-4 pens)
35 Swindon Supermarine 3-2 Dorchester Town
36 Poole Town PP Willand Rovers

FA Vase 1st Round Proper
67 Worthing United 3-1 Edgware Town
79 Cheddar 2-1 Ashton & Backwell United
84 Brockenhurst 2-2 Street (5-3 pens)
85 Fareham Town 4-1 Roman Glass St George
89 Millbrook 3-1 Sherborne Town

FA Vase 2nd Round Proper
27 Ilford 2-4 Colney Heath
29 Wroxham 3-3 Milton Keynes Irish (3-4 pens)
30 Mulbarton Wanderers PP Cogenhoe United
34 Stowmarket Town 5-0 Eynesbury Rovers
35 Stanway Rovers 1-1 Ampthill Town (2-4 pens)
36 Norwich CBS PP May & Baker Eastbrook Community
38 Hadley 4-1 Raynes Park Vale
40 North Greenford United 2-1 Walsham Le Willows
41 Hanworth Villa 2-2 Corinthian (6-5 pens)
42 Newhaven 2-2 Binfield (1-4 pens)
43 Saltdean United 2-2 Deal Town (2-3 pens)
44 Horley Town 3-5 Chatham Town
45 Cobham 1-0 Risborough Rangers
46 Steyning Town Community 1-6 Walton & Hersham
47 Littlehampton Town 3-3 Sheppey United (5-4 pens)
50 Glebe 0-2 Kennington
51 AFC Uckfield Town 2-4 Guildford City
52 Plymouth Parkway 3-1 Newton Abbot Spurs
53 Christchurch PP Cribbs
56 Bradford Town 2-3 Brimscombe & Thrupp
57 Wells City 1-2 Buckland Athletic
58 New Milton Town PP Longlevens
60 Bridgwater Town 2-1 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
61 Clapton 2-1 Hamworthy United
63 Falmouth Town AFC PP Bishop's Cleeve
64 Clevedon Town 4-3 Bitton AFC

NAT (all BCD)
Aldershot Town 2-1 Dagenham & Redbridge
Barnet 0-0 Wealdstone
Eastleigh 0-1 Maidenhead United
Notts County 1-0 Woking
NATN
Guiseley 1-3 Brackley Town
NATS
Braintree Town PP Oxford City - waterlogged
Dorking Wanderers 1-2 Bath City
Eastbourne Borough 3-1 Dartford – leaders beaten
Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-2 St Albans City
Havant & Waterlooville 3-1 Chelmsford City
Hungerford Town 0-3 Dulwich Hamlet

CCLP
Camberley Town 1-3 Badshot Lea
Egham Town
A-A Ascot UnitedAbandoned HT floodlight failure
Knaphill 4-1 Frimley Green
Molesey 0-2 Colliers Wood United
Sheerwater 1-2 Redhill
Spelthorne Sports {EIGHT} 8-0 CB Hounslow United - Spelly up to 2nd
CCL1
Ash United 1-3 Sandhurst Town
Chessington & Hook United 2-2 Bedfont & Feltham
Cove 0-5 Tooting Bec
Eversley & California 0-0 Dorking Wanderers Res
Farnham Town 3-1 Godalming Town
Fleet Spurs
2-1 British Airways
Kensington & Ealing Borough 0-2 Epsom & Ewell
Westside 2-0 Bagshot

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Dec 2020 17:25

One game of local interest in the Vase today in the 1st round which means Flackwell Heath visit Stansfeld FC next Saturday the 12th after they(Stansfeld) beat AFC Hayes 4-3 on pens(2-2 at 90 mins).
It looks as if Jersey Bulls could be coming over to play 2 matches this weekend
Friday they could have a "home" fixture against AFC Hayes at a venue TBC and on Saturday they could play away against Kensington and Ealing Boro venue TBC

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Dec 2020 17:59

Royals and Racers It looks as if Jersey Bulls could be coming over to play 2 matches this weekend
Friday they could have a "home" fixture against AFC Hayes at a venue TBC and on Saturday they could play away against Kensington and Ealing Boro venue TBC

Thanks for the Vase update- I knew the home side were leading at HT but didn't go back in to update the review.
Have been to Stansfeld; they share a new-build ground with Glebe, in a big public park In Chislehurst nr Sidcup - so a very leafy bit of Sarf East Lahnden.
In the other all CCL Premier Tie this PM, leaders SCR (Sutton Common Rovers) had a surprisingly easy passage 4-0 at GGL vs Southall.

I'm on the CCL mailing list for their weekly Bulletins so will post as soon as I see anything confirmed re the Bulls upcoming double-headers.
Before 'lockdown' they intended to 'borrow' Ascot for home games but with Travel restrictions they might have to find something nearer Gatwick to fit in with timings etc.
K&EB have been lodging at Hanwell this season's but I expect it'll be a case of finding somewhere available and dry enough - that bit of the A40 isn't the most convenient for travelling back to Gatwick so they might try find a venue further round the Orbital - I'd hazard a guess at Leatherhead where they have also played recently .... or maybe Dorking W if they can get the Surrey FA on board?
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 06 Dec 2020 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Dec 2020 18:18

Four Of Clubs
Royals and Racers It looks as if Jersey Bulls could be coming over to play 2 matches this weekend

Thanks for the Vase update- I knew the home side were leading at HT but didn't go back in to update the review.
Have been to Stansfield; they share a new-build ground with Glebe, in a big public park N of Sidcup - so a very leafy bit of Sarf East Lahnden.
In the other all CCL Premier Tie this PM, leaders SCR (Sutton Common Rovers) had a surprisingly easy passage 4-0 at GGL vs Southall.

I'm on the CCL mailing list for their weekly Bulletins so will post as soon as I see anything confirmed re the Bulls upcoming double-headers.
Before 'lockdown' they intended to 'borrow' Ascot for home games but with Travel restrictions they might have to find something nearer Gatwick to fit in with timings etc.
K&EB have been lodging at Hanwell this season's but I expect it'll be a case of finding somewhere available and dry enough - that bit of the A40 isn't the most convenient for travelling back to Gatwick so they might try find a venue further round the Orbital - I'd hazard a guess at Leatherhead where they have also played recently .... or maybe Dorking W if they can get the Surrey FA on board?

Thanks for that- i originally put they were playing at Godalming FC on Saturday but the fixtures are a bit confusing as Kensington and Ealing are down for 2 matches- Jersey Bulls and Godalming !!!
1 minuscule point about your results post- the National league was not BCD(or at least some were).

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 07 Dec 2020 09:56

Went to see - or not see - Egham Town v Ascot Utd on Saturday. Only one side of the ground floodlit and by half-time it was pretty dark. Shouts of 'my Christmas lights are brighter' from the Ascot ultras. Unsurprisingly abandoned. A mercy for an utterly dire Egham as they were 0-1 down to a neat Ascot goal. Crowd of about 70.

My first ever experience of a game abandoned because of floodlight failure.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Dec 2020 11:31

Club update from Jersey Bulls today
Club Update:

First and foremost we hope everyone is safe and well.

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we will not be playing any of our fixtures during the month of December.

We have informed the Combined Counties League, English FA and all of our December opponents.

Everyone we have spoken to appreciates our need to try and help protect the health and safety of our players, management team and fellow Islanders.

With the current season now being extended until the end of May we are not withdrawing from the league and we are still hopeful of completing the season. We will keep you posted of any fixture news and developments for the month of January in due course.

Russell (Chairman)

On behalf of the Board of Directors and Club Committee
Does anyone know what the arrangements are for visiting teams to play in Jersey ? It must be a considerable cost involved as an away team.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Dec 2020 13:35

Anyone thinking of going to the FA Trophy match tomorrow night between Corinthian Casuals v Walton Casuals don`t go- Walton withdrawn- CC have a WO

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Dec 2020 13:49

FA Vase 3rd round draw
Ties will be held on Saturday 19 December 2020, with winning clubs picking up £1125 from the prize fund and losing clubs also collecting £350.

The draw

1 Longridge Town or Penistone Church v Jarrow or Warrington Rylands
2 North Ferriby v Barnton or Seaham Red Star
3 Sunderland Ryhope CW or Abbey Hey v Liversedge
4 Hebburn Town or North Shields v Vauxhall Motors
5 Stockton Town v Hallam or Shildon
6 Consett v West Auckland Town
7 Stourport Swifts or Grimsby Borough v Shepshed Dynamo
8 Long Eaton United v Hanley Town
9 Newark v Walsall Wood or AFC Bridgnorth
10 Radford v Westfields
11 Coventry Sphinx v Anstey Nomads or Rainworth MW
12 Malvern Town v Sporting Khalsa
13 Congleton Town v Coventry United
14 Fakenham Town v Milton Keynes Irish
15 Wellingborough Town v Norwich United
16 Leighton Town v Gorleston
17 Stowmarket Town v Norwich CBS or May & Baker Eastbrook Community
18 Mulbarton Wanderers or Cogenhoe United v Ampthill Town
19 Hadley v Colney Heath
20 Clapton v Cobham
21 Guildford City v Walton & Hersham
22 Kennington v Sutton Common Rovers
23 Deal Town v Binfield
24 Littlehampton Town v Hanworth Villa
25 Chatham Town v Stansfeld or Flackwell Heath
26 Lancing or Worthing United v North Greenford United
27 Christchurch or Cribbs v Falmouth Town or Bishop’s Cleeve
28 Clevedon Town v New Milton Town or Longlevens
29 United Services Portsmouth or Brockenhurst v Millbrook or Bashley
30 Buckland Athletic v Tavistock or Cheddar
31 Plymouth Parkway v Helston Athletic or Fareham Town
32 Brimscombe & Thrupp v Bridgwater Town

FA Trophy 2nd and 3rd round draw is Wednesday at 1pm

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Dec 2020 22:58

Here's a quick preview of this midweeks' games - not sure I'll be as 'comprehensive' in future for midweek fixtures & access at the upper levels but did this as it's a round of Trophy games & things in 1 & 2 are starting up re crowds being admitted
- there are quite a few restrictions being made public - mostly available via club twitter

NL Preview midweek w/c 7th December

Tuesday 8th Dec
FA Trophy 1st Round
Corinthian Casuals PP Walton Casuals – away side withdrawn
Leatherhead v Felixstowe & Walton United – on line and pay at the gate
Marlow v Nuneaton Borough – pay at the gate
North Leigh v Frome Town – clubhouse & kitchen closed
St Neots Town v Kings Langley
19:30 Salisbury v Bracknell Town tickets available on-line - capacity 600
Thame United v Bognor Regis Town - food will be available
Uxbridge v Cray Wanderers – pay at gate - capacity 400
Weston Super Mare v Chesham United Behind Closed Doors

01 NAT
Aldershot Town v FC Halifax Town
Altrincham PP Woking - waterlogged
Eastleigh PP Wrexham – COVID in home squad
Torquay United v Maidenhead United
02 NATN
Brackley Town v Spennymoor Town - tickets in advance on-line only ; none available at the gate
02 NATS
Braintree Town v Welling United
Concord Rangers v Bath City
Dulwich Hamlet v Eastbourne Borough
Oxford City v St Albans City – only ST holders admitted – trial event limited to 100
Tonbridge Angels v Chippenham Town

05 CCLP
Cobham v Banstead
Redhill v Knaphill
Sheerwater
v Molesey @ Woking FC
06 CCL1
19:30 Bagshot v Farnham Town @ Camberley FC
Dorking Wdrs Res v FC Deportivo Galicia

19:30 Eversley & California v Cove

05 WESSP
Tadley Calleva v Shaftesbury – Tadley have just re-signed prolific former marksman Brett Denham who had only recently joined Andover New Street
06 WESS1
Alton v Totton & Eling

...if it's not too cold and my work day isn't too gruelling - I might haul my sorry frame down to Camberley, Tadley or Eversley for a quick post-lockdown fix before the next one.....chances are the cba-ness and prospects of sofa-watch with a tin or three, will win the day. Forecast is on the chilly side too .... :mrgreen:

Wednesday 9th Dec
CCLP
Guildford City v Egham - -venue & date switched due to floodlight issues at Egham’s ground
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 08 Dec 2020 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Dec 2020 19:42

40 year old James Harper on the bench for Uxbridge Town fc in the Trophy tonight.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Dec 2020 19:47

Royals and Racers 40 year old James Harper on the bench for Uxbridge Town fc in the Trophy tonight.
great to hear, he still just loves playing.

His podcast was very interesting, especially regarding his (lack of) wages.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Dec 2020 22:49

Great win for Bracknell tonight in the Trophy 1-0 away at Salisbury, and they are in the 2nd round draw for the 1st time in their history.

10442 posts