Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Non - League thread

by Sutekh » 07 Feb 2020 13:38

paultheroyal
mx
paultheroyal This....

to this...

Just replanting grass seed apparently. Yeah right.

There's a pretty decent summary on Twitter https://twitter.com/journokatie

Piss poor situation.

Agreed - good journalism and about time the local paper woke up. That and the plight of the Ice Rink it is now slowly stirring public emotions. I think its all a bit to late but it might help its long term future.

Good summary there. Hope the club go back to the Camrose in the short term but certainly they should not have been forced out without already having a new home in Basingstoke.

The covenant must have some legal worth? Be interesting to see if anything changes for them over the next year or so as a result of this elevated public interest

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 Feb 2020 17:25

NL Preview Saturday 8th Feb

Bit of time out of the office this week means I can furnish you all with an extra dose of burbling nonsense ahead of the w/e games. :mrgreen:

FA Trophy 3rd Round
1 Ebbsfleet United (01 NAT) v Royston Town (03 SLP-C)
2 Concord Rangers (02 NATS) v Leamington (02 NATN)
3 Harrogate Town (01 NAT) v Eastleigh (01 NAT)
4 F.C. Halifax Town (01 NAT) v Halesowen Town (04 SL1-C)
5 Barnet (01 NAT) v Barrow (01 NAT)
6 Dorking Wanderers (02 NATS) v A.F.C. Fylde (01 NAT)
7 Aveley (04 IL1-N) v Chelmsford City (02 NATS)
8 Yeovil Town (01 NAT) v Notts County (01 NAT)

- Aveley and Halesowen the lowest ranked survivors – both from STEP04
- No replays from this round onwards
- Bookies have Barrow as favourites @ 5-1 – Halifax at 6s with Yeovil,Harrogate & Notts Co at around 7s – no odds showing for the three clubs below STEP02

FA Vase 5th Round (with travel estimates lifted from NLM)
1. Corinthian (SCEP) v Sporting Khalsa (MIDP) (312 miles round trip)
2. Bradford Town (WESTP) v Leighton Town (SSMP) (203 miles)
3. Consett (NL1) v Deal Town (SCEP) (719 miles)
4. Plymouth Parkway (WESTP) v West Auckland Town (NL1) (763 miles)
5. Longridge Town (NWCP) v Hebburn Town (NL1) (280 miles)
6. Wroxham (ECOP) v Stowmarket Town (ECOP) (91 miles)
7. Bitton (WESTP) v Sutton Common Rovers (COCOP) (249 miles)
8. Atherstone Town (MID1) v Worcester City (MIDP) (107 miles) – Town the only STEP06 club surviving – might have a decent chance vs Worcester – who are mid-table.

- Stowmarket appear to be the favourites at 3-1 just above three of the ‘Geordie Mafia’

NAT
Hartlepool United v Aldershot Town
- Leaders Barrow beaten 2-1 at Dover midweek – still 7 points clear of Harrogate with Halifax, Yeovil, Boreham Wood, Notts Co & Bromley making up the PO spots
NATN
Spennymoor v Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City v St Albans City
Dartford v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Havant & Waterlooville v Dulwich Hamlet – 'Hawks' leapfrog Slough into 2nd with a midweek beating of 4th placed Weymouth 3-2. Wealdstone still 6 points clear. H&W’s games in hand over Stones have now evaporated with a fairly mundane – relative to those around them - run of 8 pts from 6 games

Hemel Hempstead Town v Chippenham Town
Maidstone United v Braintree Town
Wealdstone v Billericay Town
Welling United v Slough Town
Weymouth v Eastbourne Borough
- ‘Crusaders’ not in action this w/e fell to another defeat 0-1 at Bulpit to PO chasing Dorking Wanderers. Hungerford now 6 points from safety.

IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) v Ware – Ware did their bit and edged a thriller 4-3 at Harlow to head the table after Tuesday’s matches but Hanwell won 2-1 the following night at FC Romania to re-take top spot
Barking v Hanwell Town
Bracknell Town v South Park –
- Got home from work in good time and good spirits to watch ‘Robins’ do some damage to Westfield’s hopes of closing in on the top two, with a thoroughly deserved 2-0 win at Woking Park: in front of a crowd of 173.
- The Bracknell line-up was almost unrecognizable from the game between the two at Larges which I was also at, back in mid-Sept.
- Goals from Luke Holness, recently of Tooting & Mitcham, , following a scramble which saw the home keeper and defender wrong-footed by a scuffed shot close to the line and an injury time pen from Seb Bowerman; whose probably one of the longest serving players there now.
- ‘Field’ were really out of sorts - threatened to get back into the game in the last 15’ but still only managed a few flashed crosses and long-range drives which were well blocked.
- Bobby Wilkinson & coach Lee Barkus seem to have recruited a fair number of his squad from STEPS 02 & 03 to bolster his chances of making the POs – only 2 points behind 5th placed Uxbridge.
- Should pick up a maximum from struggling S.Park.

Chalfont St Peter v Westfield
Harlow Town v Uxbridge
Hertford Town v Marlow 'Blues' got another impressive win this time on the road at 5th placed Uxbridge & 4th placed T&M were beaten 2-0 at Bedfont Sports
Northwood v Bedfont Sports
Staines Town
v Waltham Abbey
Tooting & Mitcham United v Chertsey Town - 'Curfews’ have closed the gap to the POs to one point following a 4-0 mauling of Ashford Town

SLP-C
Hednesford Town v Kings Langley KL won 2-1 at home to Bigg. Town on Tuesday sit comfortably mid-table.
Hitchin Town v Banbury United like Kings Langley’s hosts Hednesford, Banbury have dropped sharply away from PO contention over the last month or so – indeed I think Hednesford led the table back in October

SLP-S
Chesham United v Merthyr Town
Farnborough v Blackfield & Langley
Swindon Supermarine v Taunton Town
Tiverton Town v Hartley Wintney
Weston-super-Mare v Walton Casuals
Wimborne Town v Beaconsfield Town2nd bottom Rams beaten 3-1 at Met Police midweek – along with Dorchester, look as if they are falling away from the pack now.
- They sit 8 points behind Walton Casuals and safety but they do have three games in hand.

Yate Town v Hayes & Yeading United
SL1-C
Coleshill Town v Wantage Town
Daventry Town v Didcot Town
Kidlington
v Aylesbury United
North Leigh v Kempston Rovers – Nor Lye battered 0-3 at Biggleswade on Tue
Thame United v Berkhamsted – Thame on a good run - are now up to 6th and drawing closer to the PO spots – still 5 behind Aylesbury Utd but have to cope with a visit from 2nd placed Berko who are comfortably the division’s top scorers – notched 17 in the last 6.

SL1-S
Basingstoke Town v Mangotsfield United
Bristol Manor Farm v Highworth Town
Cinderford Town v Winchester City City held at home by Highworth 2-2 on Tuesday
Larkhall Athletic v Thatcham Town ‘Kingfishers’ visit 3rd placed ‘Larks’ and will want to turn current form around – were heavily beaten midweek away at new leaders Frome in a re-scheduling of the abandoned game from the end of last year.
- This was their first reverse on the road this season and follows shortly after successive home defeats – they did pick up a point in their previous away game, at in form Bideford at the end of Jan.

CCLP
Badshot Lea v Guildford City
Balham v Knaphill ‘Knappers’ got an impressive 3-0 with at Egham on Tue.
Banstead Athletic v Camberley Town
CB Hounslow United
v Abbey Rangers
Egham Town v Colliers Wood United
Frimley Green v Southall Frimley lost the big ‘B3411 derby’ on Tuesday 0-1 against their traditionally bigger neighbours up at Krooner Park.
- FG still head Camberley by over 10 points.
- Both the traditional ‘big-fry’ in this division (Camberley and Guildford) are having maddeningly inconsistent seasons and sit lower mid-table.

Raynes Park Vale v Sheerwater
Redhill v Molesey
Spelthorne Sports v Ascot United – ‘Yellamen’ travel to new leaders Spelly and find themselves down in 3rd spot following Southall’s win at CWU midweek
CCL1
British Airways v Farnham TownFarnham bt Fleet Spurs at Babbs Mead and stay in 2nd spot
Chessington & Hook United v Bagshot
Cove
v Godalming Town
Epsom & Ewell v Ash United
FC Deportivo Galicia v Westside
Fleet Spurs v AFC Hayes
Walton & Hersham v Jersey Bulls
CCL1 Cup – 2nd Round
Kensington & Ealing Borough v Eversley & California (at Eversley & California FC) – E&C picked up another point at home to Chess ‘n Hook but stay bottom a point behind Godalming

B&B Trophy S-F – Semi-Finals
14:00 Wokingham & Emmbrook v Sandhurst Town – ‘Fizzers’ beat Walton & H 3-2 midweek in Div One to go 4th
14:00 Wantage Town Development Penn & Tylers Green

HELLP
Ardley United v Reading City
Brackley Town Saints v Binfield ‘Moles’ cling on to 2nd spot with a decent 3-1 win at Easington Sports – they’ve recently taken Shane Cooper-Clark on dual reg from Bracknell Town.
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Lydney Town
Easington Sports v Windsor
Fairford Town v Westfields - 3rd vs 1st
Flackwell Heath v Virginia Water - Flackwell picked up another three points with an comprehensive 4-0 win over struggling Ardley
Holmer Green v Burnham ‘Blues’ suffered a set-back going down 2-4 at Stag Meadow lodgers VW in midweek
Royal Wootton Bassett Town v Bishops Cleeve
Shrivenham v Longlevens AFC - Longlevens bounced back from their mauling by Windsor at the weekend, to hand out a remarkable 6-1 drubbing to Shrivenham on Wed night. Quick opportunity for revenge. :?
- Shrivy have stuttered slightly of late following another long winning run but have had to face runaway leaders Westfields twice in a short space of time

HELL1E
Didcot Town Development v Wallingford Town –Town improving steadily after a poor start – edged past Aldermaston 3-2 midweek
Langley v Holyport - ‘port going well currently in 4th get a decent 3-0 win at Long Crendon
Milton United v AFC AldermastonMilton suffered a narrow defeat at Arbour Pk vs the groundsharing Chalvey
Risborough Rangers v Woodley United
- 2nd placed Ab Utd trail Risborough by 10 pts but won handsomely 4-2 at Marlow FC against lodgers Marlow United

HELLENIC Supplementary Cup
14:00 Aston Clinton v Marlow United
Abingdon Town
v Newent Town
- ‘Abbots’ get an almost respectable scoreline at last, only going down by 3 goals at home to Thame Rgrs in the league on Tue night at Culham Rd

WESSP
AFC Stoneham v Alresford Town 1st vs 2nd - new leaders AFC wrested top spot from season-long league leaders Town in some style, with a 9-0 romp over bottom placed and seemingly doomed Amesbury.

Christchurch v Fleet TownFleet beaten 3-4 at Calthorpe Park by near neighbours Tadley – the visitors were four up by 50’ - Fleet came back strong but couldn’t force a leveller. Nicholas Bignall with a brace for Calleva

Tadley Calleva v Bashley
WESS1
13:30 East Cowes Victoria v Andover New Street New St fell to a disappointing 2-3 reverse at home to rivals Bemerton, following a run of 9 straight league wins - during which they racked up 38 goals.
- Leaves them in 5th just 5 points behind leaders USP but ANS have 3 games in hand

Fawley AFC v Alton
Petersfield Town
v Ringwood Town
United Services Portsmouth v Andover Town - Town shared out 8 goals with Lav & Ford for a point on Tue
Whitchurch United v Downton – JamBoys beaten 0-1 at home by Petersfield on Wed

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Feb 2020 19:24

Easington 3-1 Windsor

Terrible performance in every respect. No 2 games are alike - week in week out we have no idea what sort of display we’ll see. Inconsistent is a word that just doesn’t do this lot justice. :x

mx

by mx » 09 Feb 2020 00:11

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Feb 2020 15:13

Atherstone Town 1-1 Worcester City. FA Vase 5th Round.

A lively and at times shambolic event with a real cup tie atmosphere throughout.

If ever you are up for a neutral non league ground visit, these later FA Vase ties are pretty much as good as it gets.

Crowd given as 842 but clearly a lot more than that in the ground. Upwards of 1000 by my rough headcount, about 300 from Worcs.

The higher than average crowd led to the hosts stocking up on cans to get everyone served. It seemed to work, possibly the most pissed crowd i've ever seen. The decision to go with Stella & Strongbow might not have been the best move.

Huge kids game took place behind one goal. I think this is were they were abandoned so the parents could hit the cans.

A streaker.

Abuse to the visiting bench which might have been racial. Worcester coach (black) had to be restrained from taking on the home youth. He was going ballistic.

Bit of confusion at the end as plenty were expecting penalties, not helped by the FA announcing no replays during the radio coverage of the draw.

Alas, they start all over again on Wednesday night.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 15:15

Tony Le Mesmer Atherstone Town 1-1 Worcester City. FA Vase 5th Round.

A lively and at times shambolic event with a real cup tie atmosphere throughout.

If ever you are up for a neutral non league ground visit, these later FA Vase ties are pretty much as good as it gets.

Crowd given as 842 but clearly a lot more than that in the ground. Upwards of 1000 by my rough headcount, about 300 from Worcs.

The higher than average crowd led to the hosts stocking up on cans to get everyone served. It seemed to work, possibly the most pissed crowd i've ever seen. The decision to go with Stella & Strongbow might not have been the best move.

Huge kids game took place behind one goal. I think this is were they were abandoned so the parents could hit the cans.

A streaker.

Abuse to the visiting bench which might have been racial. Worcester coach (black) had to be restrained from taking on the home youth. He was going ballistic.

Bit of confusion at the end as plenty were expecting penalties, not helped by the FA announcing no replays during the radio coverage of the draw.

:D :D This is one of the most non-league things I have ever read. God bless the FA Vase.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2020 15:17

Old Man Andrews

A streaker.

:D :D This is one of the most non-league things I have ever read. God bless the FA Vase.

Yeah, god bless abuse (racial or otherwise) of the opposition coach :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 16:04

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

A streaker.

Snowflake Hendo is here once again to ruin everyone's fun.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2020 16:09

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews :D :D This is one of the most non-league things I have ever read. God bless the FA Vase.

If disagreeing with abuse (racial or otherwise) makes me a snowflake, then so oxf*rd be it. There is no place in the game for either of those things.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 16:20

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

If disagreeing with abuse (racial or otherwise) makes me a snowflake, then so oxf*rd be it. There is no place in the game for either of those things.

Obviously not, that wasn't the point as you well know. The laughter was directed at the farcical nature of what happened during the game, again as you well know. Accuse me of sympathising with racism again and you'll have a problem, won't have that I'm afraid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2020 16:32

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Snowflake Hendo is here once again to ruin everyone's fun.

Obviously not, that wasn't the point as you well know. The laughter was directed at the farcical nature of what happened during the game, again as you well know. Accuse me of sympathising with racism again and you'll have a problem, won't have that I'm afraid.

:| I don't think I accused you of anything, You said I was here to ruin everyone's fun after I made a comment about abuse.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 16:35

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

:| I don't think I accused you of anything, You said I was here to ruin everyone's fun after I made a comment about abuse.

The story told was very similar to a lot of non-league games, that was the humour in it. This sort of thing happens all the time where the opposition bench has a row with gobby little bastards at games.

I don't think football is the sport for you, you seem to be too sensitive to bad language and conflict. Maybe start watching hockey or polo.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Feb 2020 16:53

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Obviously not, that wasn't the point as you well know. The laughter was directed at the farcical nature of what happened during the game, again as you well know. Accuse me of sympathising with racism again and you'll have a problem, won't have that I'm afraid.

The story told was very similar to a lot of non-league games, that was the humour in it. This sort of thing happens all the time where the opposition bench has a row with gobby little bastards at games.

I don't think football is the sport for you, you seem to be too sensitive to bad language and conflict. Maybe start watching hockey or polo.

Give it a rest lads. Not on this thread.

PLEASE.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2020 17:21

A streaker.

Sounds a classic FA Vase tie to be fair and a great crowd.

From my days of refereeing where I was lucky to do a lot of the later rounds these games get quite intense. I ended up doing Wimborne a lot as in my "area" and they were very good in this completion in the 90's. Worst team I came across was Trowbridge - now that is a tough crowd!!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Feb 2020 21:40

...well after that nice little (ahem) interlude :? - back to normal more mundane GF-NL stuff
(NB great contrib by the way TLM :wink: most envious - I'm always saddened when Vase rounds co-incide with 'our lot' playing at home - which they do seem to in particular this season :| - probably would have attempted Atherstone or Wroxham had it been a 'free' weekend.....
- Atherstone took a fair mob to Malvern in an earlier round - that I did manage to get to. )

...here's the round up from the w/e;

Review Saturday 8th Feb

FA Trophy 3rd Round
1 Ebbsfleet United 0-2 Royston Town att 900 aet 0-0 FT
2 Concord Rangers 2-2 Leamington att 417 aet 2-2 FT Concord win 4-3 on pens
3 Harrogate Town 2-0 Eastleigh att 947
4 F.C. Halifax Town 0-1 Halesowen Town att 1,483
5 Barnet 3-0 Barrow - att 763 National League leaders and favourites dumped out by the Bees.
6 Dorking Wanderers 2-4 A.F.C. Fylde att 1,529 - last vaguely 'local' interest out - though at a pinch I s'pose you could stick with 'Barnit'
7 Aveley 3-1 Chelmsford City att 811
8 Yeovil Town 1-2 Notts County att 1,946

Q-F draw made 10th Feb : Matches scheduled for Sat Feb 29th
(There will not be any replays in this round)

1 Barnet (01 NAT) v Halesowen Town (04 SL1-C)
2 Notts County (01 NAT) v Aveley (04 IL1-N)
3 Concord Rangers (02 NATS) v Royston Town (03 SLP-C)
4 A.F.C. Fylde (01 NAT) v Harrogate Town (01 NAT)

- Barnet & Notts Co new joint favourites both just short of 3-1 – Fylde and Harrogate not far behind.

FA Vase 5th Round
1. Corinthian 3-0 Sporting Khalsa att 346
2. Bradford Town 1-3 Leighton Town att 463
3. Consett 2-0 Deal Town att 866
4. Plymouth Parkway 2-1 West Auckland Town att 671
5. Longridge Town 0-1 Hebburn Town – att 692 aet FT 0-0
6. Wroxham 2-0 Stowmarket Town att 1041– pre-round favourites shot out at Eastern Counties Premier league rivals
7. Bitton 2-1 Sutton Common Rovers att 209
8. Atherstone Town 1-1 Worcester City att 842 aet FT 1-1 Replay Wed 12th Feb

Q-F draw made 10th Feb : Matches scheduled for Sat Feb 29th

1. Corinthian (SCEP) v Leighton Town (SSMP) (149 miles round trip)
2. Wroxham (ECOP) v Bitton (R1) (WSTP) (491 miles)
3. Atherstone Town (MID1) OR Worcester City (MIDP) v Consett (NL1) (386 or 474 miles)
4. Hebburn Town (NL1) v Plymouth Parkway (WSTP) (814 miles)

- As is often the accepted norm, the remaining ‘Geordie’ sides (Hebburn & Consett) installed as favourites both around 7-2 – with Parkway next at 9-2
- STEP06 Atherstone outsiders at 33s

League

NAT
Hartlepool United 2-0 Aldershot Town
NATN
Spennymoor 0-0 Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City 0-3 St Albans City
Dartford 1-2 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Havant & Waterlooville 0-0 Dulwich Hamlet
Hemel Hempstead Town 0-1 Chippenham Town
Maidstone United 1-0 Braintree Town
Wealdstone 3-0 Billericay Town
Welling United 1-2 Slough Town
Weymouth 2-2 Eastbourne Borough
- Not a great set of results for Hungerford, rooted to the foot of the table, nor their relegation rivals Tonbridge Angels, who are 7 pts clear of them in 2nd bottom
- Two of the three above them (Chipp’num & StAlebuns) both registered wins away

IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) 0-3 Ware
Barking 0-1 Hanwell Town – Town keep top spot
Bracknell Town 4-0 South Park – ‘Robins’ 4 up by 33’ goals from Platt(2), Holness and another Bowerman spot-kick
Chalfont St Peter 1-1 Westfieldhosts levelled on 94’
Harlow Town 0-1 Uxbridge
Hertford Town 0-0 Marlow
Northwood 2-5 Bedfont Sports
Staines Town 0-2 Waltham Abbey
Tooting & Mitcham United 1-2 Chertsey Town - ‘Curfews’ leap above T&M into last PO spot (5th) & level on points with 4th placed Westfield – closely followed by Bracknell and Waltham Abbey

SLP-C
Hednesford Town 1-3 Kings Langley - KL on a very decent run of form – possibly a bit late to make an impression but have games in hand on 5th placed Rushall Olympic.
Hitchin Town 0-0 Banbury United

SLP-S
Chesham United 2-0 Merthyr Town – ‘Generals’ take advantage of Truro’s slip up at Gosport (beaten 0-1) to re-occupy 1st place.
Farnborough 1-1 Blackfield & Langley
Swindon Supermarine 1-2 Taunton Town
Tiverton Town 2-0 Hartley Wintney
Weston-super-Mare 1-0 Walton Casuals
Wimborne Town 2-0 Beaconsfield Town
Yate Town 0-2 Hayes & Yeading United
SL1-C
Coleshill Town {SEVEN} 7-1 Wantage Town
Daventry Town 0-0 Didcot Town
Kidlington
1-1 Aylesbury United
North Leigh 2-1 Kempston Rovers
Thame United 1-2 Berkhamsted - Thame defeated in added time by leaders Berko

SL1-S
Basingstoke Town 2-1 Mangotsfield United att 299 – much needed victory for the Dragons – goals from Dunn and Wilson- are 2 points above Barnstaple who were battered 0-6 at home by Paulton.
- Basingstoke also have three games in hand on the N.Devon side.

Bristol Manor Farm 0-0 Highworth Town
Cinderford Town 3-1 Winchester City - City slump high up in the Forest of Dean to 3rd placed Larks – big winners Paulton sit 1 point behind them : chasing hard for PO spots and drawing ever nearer are Melksham & Ciren Town.

Larkhall Athletic 2-0 Thatcham Town - ‘Kingfishers’ hitting a very rough patch – 4 losses in the last 5 now and slip 4 points behind leaders Frome, who held on to register a 2-1 win at Slimbridge.

CCLP
Badshot Lea 3-2 Guildford City
CB Hounslow United
1-3 Abbey Rangers
Egham Town
3-0 Colliers Wood United
Frimley Green 2-1 Southall
Redhill 3-0 Molesey
Spelthorne Sports 1-2 Ascot United 'Yellamen' held on for a vital win and are restored to first place; surviving a nervy late spell during which the hosts eventually got a goal back (92’)
- Ascot were reduced to 9 men (Red Card on 77’ - Sin-bin offence c. 85')
- They had led 2-0 through Higgs and I.Davies before the late drama

CCL1
British Airways 2-3 Farnham Town
Chessington & Hook United 3-3 Bagshot
Cove
3-1 Godalming Town
Epsom & Ewell 2-1 Ash United
FC Deportivo Galicia 0-7 {SEVEN} Westside
Fleet Spurs 0-1 AFC Hayes
Walton & Hersham 0-3 Jersey Bulls
CCL1 Cup – 2nd Round
Kensington & Ealing Borough 3-0 Eversley & California

B&B Trophy S-F – Semi-Finals
Wokingham & Emmbrook 2-4 Sandhurst Town att 125
Wantage Town Development 2-0 Penn & Tylers Green - constitutes quite an upset - Dev are mid-table in Hellenic Div Two and what with their firsts suffering a truly dismal 19-20, must have brought some much needed and unexpected cheer to Alfredian Park.

HELLP
Ardley United 0-2 Reading City
Brackley Town Saints
0-1 Binfield - winner from Asa Povey on 15’
Brimscombe & Thrupp 1-0 Lydney Town
Easington Sports 3-1 Windsor
Fairford Town 0-2 Westfields
Flackwell Heath 1-1 Virginia Water
Holmer Green
2-0 Burnham - terrible result for Blues vs rock-bottom Green – only the hosts 2nd win of the term in the league. Was Burnham’s 3rd straight loss after a decent run.
Royal Wootton Bassett Town 3-0 Bishops Cleeve
Shrivenham 0-1 Longlevens AFC

HELL1E
Didcot Town Development 0-0 Wallingford Town
Langley P-P Holyport - fairly disappointing news, as hosts were unable to raise a side
Milton United 1-1 AFC Aldermaston
Risborough Rangers
6-1 Woodley United

HELLENIC Supplementary Cup
Aston Clinton 1-3 Marlow United
Abingdon Town 0-0 Newent Town – Ab Town win (YES ‘WIN’!!! :lol: ) 8-7 on pens – travel up to the Corinium on March 17th to take on Ciren Town ‘Dev’ in the Q-Fs.
- Probably needs pointing out that their passage to this stage, has involved ties against the bottom two of One West and a bye – I’d wager the latter was their toughest test!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

WESSP
AFC Stoneham 1-3 Alresford Town- Town re-take top spot in front of a bumper crowd of 221 at AFC’s new facility
Christchurch 4-0 Fleet Town
Tadley Calleva
3-0 Bashley
WESS1
East Cowes Victoria 1-4 Andover New Street - ANS stay back in 5th as top three all win
Fawley AFC 0-1 Alton
Petersfield Town 1-1 Ringwood Town
United Services Portsmouth 4-0 Andover Town
Whitchurch United
1-0 Downton

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2020 08:32

Out of interest if Bracknell Town won their league play offs would they look into ground sharing next season given the Lane isn’t up to Isthmian Premier standards?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2020 08:36

Sutekh Out of interest if Bracknell Town won their league play offs would they look into ground sharing next season given the Lane isn’t up to Isthmian Premier standards?

They would have to, yes. They really don't want to do this so promotion isn't really wanted until they have their new ground sorted out. The new ground is the priority right now but there is a real lack of suitable sites within the town itself. They would probably look to move somewhere on the outskirts which is a shame because the current ground is in an ideal location for transport links.
The other issue is who they would share with until the new ground is built, there is a real lack of local options for this and it would ultimately cause more problems than it is worth.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Feb 2020 11:41

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh Out of interest if Bracknell Town won their league play offs would they look into ground sharing next season given the Lane isn’t up to Isthmian Premier standards?

They would have to, yes. They really don't want to do this so promotion isn't really wanted until they have their new ground sorted out. The new ground is the priority right now but there is a real lack of suitable sites within the town itself. They would probably look to move somewhere on the outskirts which is a shame because the current ground is in an ideal location for transport links.
The other issue is who they would share with until the new ground is built, there is a real lack of local options for this and it would ultimately cause more problems than it is worth.

Why did they sack the previous manager and replace him with someone who will be running a massive budget if they don’t want to go up this season?

Surely they’d have been better off consolidating on a lower budget and pushing when the ground situation was clear if that was the feeling.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2020 11:57

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews

Why did they sack the previous manager and replace him with someone who will be running a massive budget if they don’t want to go up this season?

Surely they’d have been better off consolidating on a lower budget and pushing when the ground situation was clear if that was the feeling.

It was the quality of football and attendance drop off that did for the previous manager. Attendances fell by 40%.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Feb 2020 12:21

WESSP
AFC Stoneham 1-3 Alresford Town- Town re-take top spot in front of a bumper crowd of 221 at AFC’s new facility

My lad is playing at AFC Stoneham next week. Apparently you have to register to gain access to the ground. Not sure what that is about. I will report back.

10440 posts