by Simmops » 21 Nov 2020 21:16

Four Of Clubs
Sutekh
Four Of Clubs .....bit late with the review but then there isn't a lot on -

NAT
Maidenhead v Bromley
Woking v Barnet
Wrexham v Barnet

Aren’t Barnet going to be a bit tired after today?

....yeah I did rather 'phone it in' there - think Borenmuff had just nabbed a 2nd at the point of typing that and I couldn't bring myself to type Aldersh!t :mrgreen:

...didn't even bother to go and find out what had happened to Eastleigh - presumably this weeks 'spares'

....continuing the Slack Dad contribution here's the scores:

NAT
Maidenhead 2-2 Bromley - Bromley grab equaliser on 95'
Woking 4-1 Barnet
Wrexham 1-0 Sh!ts

NATN
Brackley 1-1 Chester

NATS
Concord Rangers 1-3 Dorking Wanderers
Dartford 2-0 Slough
Oxford C 1-1 Eastbourne Boro
St Albans 0-0 Hungerford

Could THAT be the goal that denies a fairytale magpie promotion?!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Non - League thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Nov 2020 21:27

Decent result there for the Crusaders....St Albans had won their last four

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Nov 2020 18:42

Slough Town with Covid issues has caused tonights league game at Chippenham to be postponed.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Nov 2020 20:46

Royals and Racers Slough Town with Covid issues has caused tonights league game at Chippenham to be postponed.

.... As is their next League game this w/e H v Ebbsfleet - the visitors have entered a 14 day isolation period of their own.

Tonight in the same section , sees Dorking W host Oxfod City - was 0-1 @ HT.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Nov 2020 13:17

Four Of Clubs
Royals and Racers Slough Town with Covid issues has caused tonights league game at Chippenham to be postponed.

.... As is their next League game this w/e H v Ebbsfleet - the visitors have entered a 14 day isolation period of their own.

Tonight in the same section , sees Dorking W host Oxfod City - was 0-1 @ HT.

NLS results from yesterday

Bath City 1-4 Dulwich Hamlet
Chippenham Town P-P Slough Town
Dorking Wanderers 3-2 Oxford City
Tonbridge Angels 0-2 Braintree Town
Welling United P-P St Albans City

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Nov 2020 14:46

Do any of our non-league experts know if the intention is still there for the season to be completed by those in the leagues where games have been halted.?

I speak, as I often do, from a mercenary perspective as I have Poole Town (Southern League Premier South) in a number of ante-post bets.
They made a very good start and IMHO have a decent chance of promotion if...........................................................................

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 25 Nov 2020 22:12

South Coast Royal Do any of our non-league experts know if the intention is still there for the season to be completed by those in the leagues where games have been halted.?

.... not seen the topic mentioned directly on NLM re the prospects of finishing the season fully from STEP03 thru 05 ... I'll keep digging tho .....

..... But just doing the simple math, Poole for example have about 30 league matches left ; so with a fair wind that'll probably take 4 months minimum.
That's assuming everything is starting up again in couple of weeks - with no further breaks :which takes us deep into April.

Some other STEP03 & 04 leagues have more clubs per division, so that would push fixtures further into May - hence some concerns even if everyone can sustain 2 matches per week minimum ...and there is no impact from the weather.

Below STEP5 should be OK as they can probably decide to ditch a few subsidiary cup competitions that proliferate at that level - if they haven't already.

....will keep my ear to the ground .... :mrgreen:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Nov 2020 12:03

Four Of Clubs
South Coast Royal Do any of our non-league experts know if the intention is still there for the season to be completed by those in the leagues where games have been halted.?

.... not seen the topic mentioned directly on NLM re the prospects of finishing the season fully from STEP03 thru 05 ... I'll keep digging tho .....

..... But just doing the simple math, Poole for example have about 30 league matches left ; so with a fair wind that'll probably take 4 months minimum.
That's assuming everything is starting up again in couple of weeks - with no further breaks :which takes us deep into April.

Some other STEP03 & 04 leagues have more clubs per division, so that would push fixtures further into May - hence some concerns even if everyone can sustain 2 matches per week minimum ...and there is no impact from the weather.

Below STEP5 should be OK as they can probably decide to ditch a few subsidiary cup competitions that proliferate at that level - if they haven't already.

....will keep my ear to the ground .... :mrgreen:

Thanks FOC.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Nov 2020 18:24

..... following the latest announcement, there are quite a few outpourings of doom 'n gloom from within the Anorak community and some media outlets filtering out items with similar sentiment from the Leagues themselves.

The Western League is yet to make a formal announcement but a significant chunk of their constitution is based around the Brizzle footprint which I'm told is rated Tier 3. This seems to equate to them being kfukced for the foreseeable....
.... Whereas somewhat farcical that the upper level of the SWP, is probably clear fixture-wise as Devon is T2 and Cornwall T1 - tho many consider the SWP Premier to be more than the equal of the Western League Div One and clubs regularly promote direct into the STEP05 Premier Division.
So you'll get sides at effectively the same level in close proximity being unable to complete their seasons - unlike their nr neighbours.

There are likely to be several hastily arranged EGMs to pore over the 'rulings/guidelines/bodgings'. :mrgreen: 8)

.... According to a Northern League statement (not verified) there is a meeting of all STEP5/6 League Chairmen and the FA being arranged to try and put some clarification on the current state of affairs.

...more when I see it .....
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 26 Nov 2020 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Nov 2020 23:04

Ollie Bayless has tweeted that the FA have told the step 3-6 leagues/ clubs that they might have to play games behind closed doors if they are in tier 3. It is suggested that a number of clubs will decide that they cannot financially do that.
Edit now confirmed by Bayless that above is definite. 1st casualty is Crane Sports FC from Ipswich who have decided they cannot carry on.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 27 Nov 2020 13:17

Loads of clubs making a huge fuss. 2 things to note

1. The next lot of restrictions last 2 weeks. A lot of clubs dont have a fixture in week 1 anyway.
2. For Tier 2, Im sure that getting 2-3 times your usual gate will more than cover lost beer sales. Just sell soft drinks and food outside.

No doubt some clubs in Tier 3 will see restrictions go on a bit longer & cant play, but most of them have been raking it in this season with all the increased crowds.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Nov 2020 19:58

Come on Brackley!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Nov 2020 20:43

Coleman, ex Royals, looking pretty impressive in defence for Brackley.

They've more than held their own against Tranmere this half, but the lack of finishing ability and maybe fitness will probably tell in the end.

It's on BBC2 btw

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Nov 2020 11:28

I'm guessing noone else watched it but Brackley put up a great performance against League 2 Tranmere. Really flew the flag for non league football. Took a wonder goal to beat them

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Nov 2020 12:50

bcubed I'm guessing noone else watched it but Brackley put up a great performance against League 2 Tranmere. Really flew the flag for non league football. Took a wonder goal to beat them

....I had it on but it rather drifted into the background - the Saints put up a decent show but didn't possess that extra something to upset their loftier opponents and Tranmere didn't look in any real bother apart from getting their own front-line firing.
Hadn't picked up that Mitford was there either this season must be dual registered?

League games today:
NAT
Altrincham v Maidenhead
NATS
Hungerford v Dartford - 'Crusaders' host leaders

FA Cup 2nd Rnd

01 Stevenage (4) v Hull City (3) (Sun 1.30)
02 Harrogate Town (4) v Blackpool (3)
03 Tranmere Rovers (4) 1-0 Brackley Town (6N)
04 A.F.C. Wimbledon (3) v Crawley Town (4) (Sun 1.30)
05 Stockport County (5) v Yeovil Town (5) (Sun 1.30)
06 Plymouth Argyle (3) v Lincoln City (3)
07 Portsmouth (3) v King's Lynn Town (5)
08 Cheltenham Town (4) v Crewe Alexandra (3)
09 Peterborough United (3) v Chorley (6N) (Sat 5.30) (BT Sport)
10 Morecambe (4) v Solihull Moors (5) (Sat 12.30)
11 Shrewsbury Town (3) v Oxford City (6S) (Sun 1.30)
12 Mansfield Town (4) v Dagenham & Redbridge (5) (Sun 1.30)
13 Newport County (4) v Salford City (4) (Sat 1.00)
14 Marine (8NNW) v Havant & Waterlooville (6S) (Sun 2.45) (BT Sport)
15 Gillingham (3) v Exeter City (4) (Sat 1.00)
16 Canvey Island (8IN) v Boreham Wood (5) (Mon 7.45 BT Sport)
17 Carlisle United (4) v Doncaster Rovers (3) (Sun 1.30)
18 Barnet (5) v Milton Keynes Dons (3) (Sun 1.30)
19 Bristol Rovers (3) v Darlington (6N) (Sun 1.30)
20 Bradford City (4) v Oldham Athletic (4)

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Nov 2020 13:21

Four Of Clubs
bcubed I'm guessing noone else watched it but Brackley put up a great performance against League 2 Tranmere. Really flew the flag for non league football. Took a wonder goal to beat them

....I had it on but it rather drifted into the background - the Saints put up a decent show but didn't possess that extra something to upset their loftier opponents and Tranmere didn't look in any real bother apart from getting their own front-line firing.
Hadn't picked up that Mitford was there either this season must be dual registered?

League games today:
NAT
Altrincham v Maidenhead
NATS
Hungerford v Dartford - 'Crusaders' host leaders

FA Cup 2nd Rnd

01 Stevenage (4) v Hull City (3) (Sun 1.30)
02 Harrogate Town (4) v Blackpool (3)
03 Tranmere Rovers (4) 1-0 Brackley Town (6N)
04 A.F.C. Wimbledon (3) v Crawley Town (4) (Sun 1.30)
05 Stockport County (5) v Yeovil Town (5) (Sun 1.30)
06 Plymouth Argyle (3) v Lincoln City (3)
07 Portsmouth (3) v King's Lynn Town (5)
08 Cheltenham Town (4) v Crewe Alexandra (3)
09 Peterborough United (3) v Chorley (6N) (Sat 5.30) (BT Sport)
10 Morecambe (4) v Solihull Moors (5) (Sat 12.30)
11 Shrewsbury Town (3) v Oxford City (6S) (Sun 1.30)
12 Mansfield Town (4) v Dagenham & Redbridge (5) (Sun 1.30)
13 Newport County (4) v Salford City (4) (Sat 1.00)
14 Marine (8NNW) v Havant & Waterlooville (6S) (Sun 2.45) (BT Sport)
15 Gillingham (3) v Exeter City (4) (Sat 1.00)
16 Canvey Island (8IN) v Boreham Wood (5) (Mon 7.45 BT Sport)
17 Carlisle United (4) v Doncaster Rovers (3) (Sun 1.30)
18 Barnet (5) v Milton Keynes Dons (3) (Sun 1.30)
19 Bristol Rovers (3) v Darlington (6N) (Sun 1.30)
20 Bradford City (4) v Oldham Athletic (4)

Couple of really good efforts before Tranmere scored
One from Mitford, who has been at Brackley since Jan 18
Who else would he be with?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Nov 2020 17:34

League scores today:
NAT
Altrincham 2-0 Maidenhead
NATS
Hungerford 1-2 Dartford - 'Crusaders' lost to leaders led via Seager pen on 30' but 'Darts' score on 60 & 75 to claim points

RE Brackley Cup tie:

"Hadn't picked up that Mitford was there either this season must be dual registered"

.... evidently getting my Mitford's mixed up :oops: thought this was the fellah that was the main striker at Burnham then Staines - then again that might easily be longer ago than I thought it was .... so could well be him?

EDIT: looked him up - not sure how reliable non-league player stats are though - do a search and they ALL invariably seem to have been signed by Aylesbury Utd at some time or other. :? :twisted:

Anywheres : he IS the ex-Burnham/Staines/Beaconsfield lad ....and if the other data is correct, he was with Kettering last season: 5 goals in 19 - presumably if he joined Saints in Jan 18 he'd have gone up there on loan, unless he had got multiple registrations?

He definitely looked familiar .... been to Brackley a couple of times fairly recently but not actually seen a 'Town' game for a lot longer - been there for 'Saints' games e.g. the Hellenic semi-2nd string variant that 'folded' after last season.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 28 Nov 2020 19:32, edited 2 times in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Nov 2020 17:50

Four Of Clubs ....

League scores today:
NAT
NATS
Hungerford 1-2 Dartford - 'Crusaders' lost to leaders led via Seager penon 30' but 'Darts' score on 60 & 75 to claim points

.... evidently getting my Mitford's mixed up :oops: thought this was the fellah that was the main striker at Burnham then Staines - then again that might easily be longer ago than I thought it was .... so could well be him?
He definitely looked familiar .... been to Brackley a couple of times fairly recently but not seen a 'Town' game for a lot longer - been there for 'Saints' games e.g. the Hellenic variant that 'folded' after last season.

The :oops: is mine

I trusted what I read on a website despite never having seen him play for Brackley myself!

Another site that I've just viewed (the Old Dovorians, whoever they are!) says this

"Tre, is a young forward who Joined Brackley Town from Kettering Town in July of this year, prior to this, Tre played Aylesbury United, Beaconsfield Town, Hanwell Town, Staines Town and Hayes & Yeading United to name but a few. A highly rated player who made his Brackley Town debut against AFC Telford United in October of this year."

Many apologies FoC

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Nov 2020 17:54

.... no problem at all - I'd never presume to trust my own doddering memory after all this time.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Couldn't believe how young he was and indeed how long ago it actually was, that I saw him almost single-handedly battle away trying to keep Burnham up in the Southern League.

... and of course I may have still been slightly befuddled by mx's more recent posts about (TYRELL) Mitford down at Basingstoke - whom I'd perhaps subliminally assumed - by not paying proper attention to the first name detail at the time - might have been the same player. Only later noticed it was Ty not Tre he was waxing lyrical about. 8)

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Nov 2020 18:43

Four Of Clubs League scores today:
NAT
NATS
Hungerford 1-2 Dartford - 'Crusaders' lost to leaders led via Seager penon 30' but 'Darts' score on 60 & 75 to claim points

RE Brackley Cup tie:

"Hadn't picked up that Mitford was there either this season must be dual registered"

EDIT: looked him up - not sure how reliable non-league player stats are though - do a search and they ALL invariably seem to have been signed by Aylesbury Utd at some time or other. :? :twisted:

Anywheres : he IS the ex-Burnham/Staines/Beaconsfield lad ....and if the other data is correct, he was with Kettering last season: 5 goals in 19 - presumably if he joined Saints in Jan 18 he'd have gone up there on loan, unless he had got multiple registrations?

He definitely looked familiar .... been to Brackley a couple of times fairly recently but not actually seen a 'Town' game for a lot longer - been there for 'Saints' games e.g. the Hellenic semi-2nd string variant that 'folded' after last season.

Re the Aylesbury thing.....

I've noticed that. Wtf is that about? Literally every nl player I've searched has played f them :lol:

10442 posts