Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

150 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jul 2019 21:48

Nameless
tidus_mi2 Looks like the club are about to announce a signing.

At this time of night ?

Yep, just announced Joao Virginia on loan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 07:42

Seems that Lewis Baker and Ejaria are very much unwanted at their clubs, being as Ejaria isn’t featuring in friendlies and Baker got sent home with a load of others from their tour after having a poor 45 mins in FFL’s first game

Their must be deals to be done there. Would think Baker would surely be very keen considering his last couple of years

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Jul 2019 07:58

the problem we have with Baker and Miazga is that they are both on roughly 25k a week at Chelsea which Chelsea want paying in full to go out on loan.

We will definitely need to shift the others left behind by Gomes before we can consider Baker and/or Miazga.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Jul 2019 08:52

Would love Baker to come back. he really kicked on towards the end of last season.

Would be an upgrade on Kelly, who was playing in a similar role.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 09:31

gazzer, loyal royal the problem we have with Baker and Miazga is that they are both on roughly 25k a week at Chelsea which Chelsea want paying in full to go out on loan.

We will definitely need to shift the others left behind by Gomes before we can consider Baker and/or Miazga.

yep, sure thats why it hasn't already happened.

Would another club in the champ pay that for Baker? Considering how he flopped at Boro and Leeds? I have a feeling coming beginning of August they might take the best offer, which by that time we'll be in a position to make hopefully

Mind you, I'm pretty sure the same is going to happen with our outcasts. Clubs will wait to the last minute to see what we'll accept for them.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Jul 2019 09:33

Is Joorabchian still involved with the club as he was credited with getting the January loans in? If he is then surely it slightly increases the chances of some of them returning?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jul 2019 10:10

I think Joorabchian is involved with anyone willing to pay for his services and to be fair, I don't have a massive problem with him getting paid £1m if he can broker 4 long term loan deals in key positions with zero wage commitment like he allegedly did in January. It's about 2 days work for him.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 12 Jul 2019 12:22

Ejaria all but ready to be announced. WiFi on holiday all but non existent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jul 2019 12:27

Hound
gazzer, loyal royal the problem we have with Baker and Miazga is that they are both on roughly 25k a week at Chelsea which Chelsea want paying in full to go out on loan.

yep, sure thats why it hasn't already happened.

Would another club in the champ pay that for Baker? Considering how he flopped at Boro and Leeds? I have a feeling coming beginning of August they might take the best offer, which by that time we'll be in a position to make hopefully

Mind you, I'm pretty sure the same is going to happen with our outcasts. Clubs will wait to the last minute to see what we'll accept for them.

I think last minutism about our dross is more likely to be other clubs seeing if they can get better, rather than us holding out for more... we just want shot. I reckon we'd take free and pay the wage difference on some.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 12:47

Wallsy Ejaria all but ready to be announced. WiFi on holiday all but non existent.

So you are ‘pre announcing’ him ? You wonder what the final details to be agreed are. Are they arguing over what shirt number he gets ? Is he demanding to have a changing room peg next to Danny Loader or perhaps it’s whether he can join the card school on the away bus straight away....

One87One

by One87One » 12 Jul 2019 12:50

Oliveira medical today if what’s going around is true.
Last edited by One87One on 12 Jul 2019 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 12:55

If we are under a ‘soft embargo’ which allows a one in/one out transfer policy Incan’t quite see how we are adhering to that.
Kelly has gone, Sidoel has gone although he was never a first team squad member, likewise Ward. Presumably the players we didn’t retain at the end of last season don’t count nor do players already out on loan.
So how do we bring 3 players in despite not having moved 3 out ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 13:00

Nameless If we are under a ‘soft embargo’ which allows a one in/one out transfer policy Incan’t quite see how we are adhering to that.
Kelly has gone, Sidoel has gone although he was never a first team squad member, likewise Ward. Presumably the players we didn’t retain at the end of last season don’t count nor do players already out on loan.

Officially those who we let leave i.e. McShane et all - only left on 1st July - the freeing up of those wages will give us a little wiggle room as well as any other players leaving. I'm not sure we are officially under the embargo any more any way, was supposedly over on the 1st July.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 13:03

Stranded
Nameless If we are under a ‘soft embargo’ which allows a one in/one out transfer policy Incan’t quite see how we are adhering to that.

Officially those who we let leave i.e. McShane et all - only left on 1st July - the freeing up of those wages will give us a little wiggle room as well as any other players leaving. I'm not sure we are officially under the embargo any more any way, was supposedly over on the 1st July.

Pointless ‘embargo’ really then. Soft hardly does it justice really !

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 13:13

Nameless
Stranded

Well no, it was in place as our forecast for the 2018/19 season showed we were at risk of breaching FFP - putting that in place to stop us spending in that period meant that we were unlikely to have a larger loss to contend with when 18/19's figures are real and not calculated as part of next year's assessment.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Jul 2019 13:14

even if we sell someone we shouldnt really be paying 25k a week for anyone right now
imo

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:18

we've moved 4 out - Kelly, Dadi, Sidoel and Ward.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 13:19

Stranded
Nameless
Stranded

Well no, it was in place as our forecast for the 2018/19 season showed we were at risk of breaching FFP - putting that in place to stop us spending in that period meant that we were unlikely to have a larger loss to contend with when 18/19's figures are real and not calculated as part of next year's assessment.

But given we already knew that, had been pretty open about it and taken lots of steps to manage the situation the embargo was pointless. The supposed embargo didn’t stop us doing anything we hadn’t already decided to do for ourselves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:19

Maneki Neko even if we sell someone we shouldnt really be paying 25k a week for anyone right now
imo

no problem with it if its a max of 2 years and on a free.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 13:21

Hound

we've moved 4 out - Kelly, Dadi, Sidoel and Ward.

ONLy if the Bodvarsson Deal has been confirmed. And whether you can get round the embargo by releasing low earning non first teamers in order to bring in high earners must be questionable....

150 posts