Omar Richards interest

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
skipper

Omar Richards interest

by skipper » 24 Mar 2020 19:38

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-reading-fc-braced-for-considerable-transfer-interest-in-star/amp/

Omar Richards in line for summer interest? I mean he's been great for us and I don't want to see him go, but the article doesn't suggest who is interested...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Omar Richards interest

by SCIAG » 24 Mar 2020 19:50

On one hand, are we confirmed to be losing Blackett? If so then I’d be reluctant to lose another left back. Gunter is almost certain to go and we stupidly let Howe leave, so we could be down to just Obita and Yiadom. No guarantees we could recruit suitable replacements.

On the other hand, I don’t want us to repeat the mistake we made with Loader. If a good offer comes in - say £3m - then we should take it. £5m would be very good and anything above would be a steal. Double what we paid for Blackett feels like good money given the inflation since then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Mar 2020 20:30

With Obita and Blackett out of contract, selling him could be risky. I think he's already shown more value to the team on the pitch than Loader ever has, but he is also quite replaceable in terms of quality IMO. I'd be shocked if we turned down more than a couple mil.

Zip
Hob Nob Addict

by Zip » 24 Mar 2020 20:34

Obita has done enough to earn a new contract. I don’t care if he can’t play three times a week. He has played regularly enough to justify a new deal.
Yiadom will still be with us next season. Howe is gone. Blackett is going. Gunter likely to be going although I think he’s worth a two year deal on lower wages.

So we need to keep Richards. What we don’t want is another mass of signings in the summer. Time for a stable squad with a few additions so that we can push on.

Hound
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hound » 24 Mar 2020 20:50

Strikes me as a player who might really blossom next season (if and when it happens)

Would like to keep hold really

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Mar 2020 12:53

This reads just like a story a journalist has to write to keep employed when there is no actual football to talk about - these will only get worse the longer the shutdown continues.

One87One

by One87One » 25 Mar 2020 14:34

skipper https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-reading-fc-braced-for-considerable-transfer-interest-in-star/amp/

Omar Richards in line for summer interest? I mean he's been great for us and I don't want to see him go, but the article doesn't suggest who is interested...

They picked this up from GetReading who are struggling for stories...

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1