January Window

401 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: January Window

by NathStPaul » 27 Jan 2022 12:33

Dann of course lacks pace but he is a leader and he is an organiser. We have been lacking both in spades recently.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jan 2022 13:44

NathStPaul Dann of course lacks pace but he is a leader and he is an organiser. We have been lacking both in spades recently.

Seems to be quite a calming presence as well, which I don't think any of the rest of them have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2022 13:50

very low bar but I'd say Dann's been our best CB this year as well

Dann >> Morro >> Holmes >> Moore

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jan 2022 13:54

YorkshireRoyal99 I don't think Rhys Williams is the answer personally, although that probably means the club are going to go for him. I'd much rather an out on contract defender for 6 months minimum or another loan from the PL that isn't Rhys Williams.

I think Charlie Goode is a better option than Rhys Williams as he’s a localish lad playing for a club more or less “just down the road” but more to the point has a decent amount of league experience (although minimal at Reading’s level and above). Rhys does have some experience at the highest level of the game so you’d have expected him to make more than 5 appearances during what was a season long loan at Swansea - and they’ve been a more settled side than the basket case from RG2.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 27 Jan 2022 14:42

Right now, we need experienced heads. Not promising youth learning the trade still. Yes, some academy lads are v good players but we need a few players who have been around a bit. A few seasons experiencing the ups and downs that come with scrapping wins. We cant afford to have a very good youth talent that crumbles when the going gets tough. We already have our own youth for that job.

Beggars cant be choosers and right now I would take either Goode or Williams. Just my preference to have a more experienced player to come in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2022 09:51

Hendo
YorkshireRoyal99 Alright that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I's personally say he's been on our best defenders this season when he's played and been fit.

With you on this. Think we really missed Dann v Huddersfield.

I'll say this, he'd make an excellent coach for Ejaria. His decision making and ability to turn out of trouble and into space is exceptional.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 11:04

What are we expecting by Monday then? A new CB to come through the door, Puscas to leave on loan and potentially a replacement for him?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Jan 2022 11:38

YorkshireRoyal99 What are we expecting by Monday then? A new CB to come through the door, Puscas to leave on loan and potentially a replacement for him?

Probably another central midfielder. I’d like a new CB, plus a winger or forward with pace to burn.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 11:51

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99 What are we expecting by Monday then? A new CB to come through the door, Puscas to leave on loan and potentially a replacement for him?

Probably another central midfielder. I’d like a new CB, plus a winger or forward with pace to burn.

Only way I'd say another CM is if we got rid of one, likely Drinkwater if anyone, but I can't see that happening.

In an ideal world though, I'd love all of that. It's just a shame we can't do any of that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2022 19:13

Could Pauno go out on loan somewhere, Hull perhaps?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Jan 2022 08:41

Crystal Palace U23 midfielder Jesurun Rak-Sakyi is set to make a decision over this weekend on where he will head on loan for the remainder of the campaign, with a host of clubs including Reading in for him.

[@_The72] #readingfc https://t.co/aC4LOYpgAS

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jan 2022 09:47

morganb Crystal Palace U23 midfielder Jesurun Rak-Sakyi is set to make a decision over this weekend on where he will head on loan for the remainder of the campaign, with a host of clubs including Reading in for him.

Jesurun is a 19 year old winger who has made 1 sub app for Palace in the PL (in a 3-0 defeat at Chelsea in August 2021) since leaving Chelsea’s youth system in 2019. Has never been on loan before and has no domestic experience of senior football other than that quarter of an hour he got as a replacement for Riedewald in the aforementioned game.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Jan 2022 11:14

Sutekh
morganb Crystal Palace U23 midfielder Jesurun Rak-Sakyi is set to make a decision over this weekend on where he will head on loan for the remainder of the campaign, with a host of clubs including Reading in for him.

Jesurun is a 19 year old winger who has made 1 sub app for Palace in the PL (in a 3-0 defeat at Chelsea in August 2021) since leaving Chelsea’s youth system in 2019. Has never been on loan before and has no domestic experience of senior football other than that quarter of an hour he got as a replacement for Riedewald in the aforementioned game.

Never heard of him but if he’s super quick I wouldn’t say no. Personally, I am hoping that we sign Charlie Goode from Brentford as he’d be a sensible signing but that’s not always the Reading way these days.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Jan 2022 12:27

I think we need a centre midfielder more than anything to give us some steel. That's our problem. It exposes our defence too much with the lack of balance

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Jan 2022 19:50

Can we loan in a manager?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2022 10:52

Royal_jimmy I think we need a centre midfielder more than anything to give us some steel. That's our problem. It exposes our defence too much with the lack of balance

I`m wondering if Rino could partner Laurent to protect the back 4, it`s a novel idea, i don`t know why nobody thought about it before tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 11:43

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy I think we need a centre midfielder more than anything to give us some steel. That's our problem. It exposes our defence too much with the lack of balance

I`m wondering if Rino could partner Laurent to protect the back 4, it`s a novel idea, i don`t know why nobody thought about it before tbh.

Based on Laurent's recent performances i don't want him anywhere near the back four. Error after error.

Although at least he's there, unlike Drinkwater who may as well still be at Chelsea for all the good he's doing us.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Jan 2022 19:02

Mason greenwood could be a good shout

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2022 21:26

blythspartan
Sutekh

Never heard of him but if he’s super quick I wouldn’t say no. Personally, I am hoping that we sign Charlie Goode from Brentford as he’d be a sensible signing but that’s not always the Reading way these days.

That hasn't been the Reading way since the Dai's arrived, the only sensible signing we have made during their era has been Josh Laurent on a free from Shrewsbury. Alright, maybe being a bit harsh as Morrison and Yiadom were both pretty sensible signings, but all of the rest are so questionable one way or another and we've let a mega amount of talented youngsters leave for nothing who are now performing to some capacity where they would 100% improve us.

I'm completely writing this lad off already but I think I'd actually prefer it if we didn't sign anybody rather than wanting myself to get optimistic over someone who has played virtually no first team minutes at any level. He might surprise me and be great, but I honestly wouldn't even bother. Not even sure why our recruitment team and all the rest involved have even wasted their time, but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 22:22

Brogue Mason greenwood could be a good shout

He would be a hit I feel.

401 posts