1031 posts
exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Football Rumours Shoite thread

by exileinleeds » 19 Jul 2013 14:52

Elm Park Pasty
Royal91 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23374082

Watford sign 7 players.

What a fukcing joke that club is. I hope they oxf*rd collapse.

There was something on Twitter earlier from Watford saying they had signed 8 players, 7 from Udinese and 1 from Granada. Quelle surprise I guess. Would be interested to know what sort of transfer fees were involved. Whilst a purely paper exercise would probably be illegal on some level, you could question if they could circumvent the loans ruling by transferring in players from the other two clubs for a nominal fee.

Both clubs will still be subject to normal financial regulations- including accounting for assets. It would be difficult to justify a player valued on Udinese books at £5m transferred for 500k. Losses on disposal of assets...not as straightforward as you might think.
There will be ways to maximise the profitability of a deal- favourable timings for payments, deferrals, but it still needs to conform to international accounting standards.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 19 Jul 2013 15:09

FL cannot complain too much - its what the Pozzos do and are well known for it across Europe.

They were just worried about the number of loan players we had which was always going to be a one off.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jul 2013 15:10

How do you recks you'll do this season?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 19 Jul 2013 15:20

exileinleeds
Elm Park Pasty
Royal91 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23374082

Watford sign 7 players.

What a fukcing joke that club is. I hope they oxf*rd collapse.

There was something on Twitter earlier from Watford saying they had signed 8 players, 7 from Udinese and 1 from Granada. Quelle surprise I guess. Would be interested to know what sort of transfer fees were involved. Whilst a purely paper exercise would probably be illegal on some level, you could question if they could circumvent the loans ruling by transferring in players from the other two clubs for a nominal fee.

Both clubs will still be subject to normal financial regulations- including accounting for assets. It would be difficult to justify a player valued on Udinese books at £5m transferred for 500k. Losses on disposal of assets...not as straightforward as you might think.
There will be ways to maximise the profitability of a deal- favourable timings for payments, deferrals, but it still needs to conform to international accounting standards.

Cheers Exile!!! I did have another thought afterwards though and what you said may have some bearing. Given the limit on loans, is there anything to stop Udinese selling Player A to Watford for £750k and then buying him back for the same amount at the end of the season because he has become 'unsettled'. Just wondering if this would be a way around the loan limit?

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 19 Jul 2013 15:45

Pepe the Horseman How do you recks you'll do this season?

Well our fans expect instant success and to win easily which is always a worry as we never do well with massive expectations around.

Considering we did come 3rd and I guess have lots of new talent coming in we ought to finish around the same..but its the Championship.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jul 2013 15:46

Super_horns

Well our fans expect instant success and to win easily which is always a worry as we never do well with massive expectations around.

Considering we did come 3rd and I guess have lots of new talent coming in we ought to finish around the same..but its the Championship.

Fair play. How do you recks we'll do?

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 19 Jul 2013 15:52

I think you will be up the top - kept a lot of players and added some decent ones.

Always have a manager who knows how to win promotion so probably can change things if required which might be our downfall with Zola.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 21 Jul 2013 15:56

21 Jul 2013 15:48:26
Billy Sharp will hold formal talks with Reading this week. Previously Reading have spoken to his representatives, however Nick Hammond has returned from discussions with Juventus over the clubs new partnership and is keen to secure two final signings before the start of the new season.

Reading are also believed to have offered long-term target Zolton Gera a contract, but he is waiting for WBA to confirm if they will extend his deal or not.

21 Jul 2013 16:06:13
Billy Sharp due in Reading on Tuesday to discuss a move to Reading. Fee agreed with Saints.

Good club. Rather see him go there than somewhere where he won't be appreciated.

Prado rumours are rubbish though.

S8intSteve

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Jul 2013 10:19

One8Seven1 21 Jul 2013 15:48:26
Billy Sharp will hold formal talks with Reading this week. Previously Reading have spoken to his representatives, however Nick Hammond has returned from discussions with Juventus over the clubs new partnership and is keen to secure two final signings before the start of the new season.

Reading are also believed to have offered long-term target Zolton Gera a contract, but he is waiting for WBA to confirm if they will extend his deal or not.

21 Jul 2013 16:06:13
Billy Sharp due in Reading on Tuesday to discuss a move to Reading. Fee agreed with Saints.

Good club. Rather see him go there than somewhere where he won't be appreciated.

Prado rumours are rubbish though.

S8intSteve

Won't these be his 3rd or 4th set of talks he's supposedly had with us this summer :lol:

Aefevans

by Aefevans » 22 Jul 2013 12:22

Pepe the Horseman
Super_horns

Fair play. How do you recks we'll do?

Top Six. I know you weren't asking me but there's more than one Watford fan lurking on here :P

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Jul 2013 12:53

I'll stick this in here rather than give it it's own thread, but we have a trialist at the club today.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2013 13:00

SPARTA I'll stick this in here rather than give it it's own thread, but we have a trialist at the club today.

any idea who?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 22 Jul 2013 14:02

Cedric Basaya

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Jul 2013 14:13

Lubomir Blaha.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jul 2013 16:07

Luke Muldowney?

Gary Hooper?

Brandon Fernandes?

Lee Hendrie?

Daley Thompson?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 22 Jul 2013 16:10

Testing out Charlie Austin's knee?

Robert Pires?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Jul 2013 16:24

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jul 2013 16:28

Well spotted. 21 year old centre back. A possible consideration for a fourth choice Gorkss replacement?

Was a regular in a German side relegated from their third division...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Jul 2013 16:53

maffff

Well spotted. 21 year old centre back. A possible consideration for a fourth choice Gorkss replacement?

Was a regular in a German side relegated from their third division...

:lol: the reading way is alive and kicking...

RfcJ

by RfcJ » 22 Jul 2013 17:35

Seeing rumours about Guly Do Prado being closely watched by Reading , tbh think it's aload of sh1te but don't no what to think of it

1031 posts