RUMOUR - Kebe hands in transfer request

267 posts
gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

RUMOUR - Kebe hands in transfer request

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 Nov 2011 08:28

No real shock if this is true

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Kebe hands in transfer request

by roadrunner » 08 Nov 2011 08:45

Doesn't make the slightest bit of difference either. He's free in the summer, probably going in Jan anyway rather than lose him on a free.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 08 Nov 2011 09:16

Source?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Nov 2011 09:25

Interesting if true (and I think this is coming from one of the more proven sources isn't it?).

It doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference either way but (if true) it does make clear his intentions and force the clubs hand to deal with the situation a bit more aggresively than perhaps they normally would.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 08 Nov 2011 10:06

The Goat was fed Source?

Gazza is the most reliable poster on here by far.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 08 Nov 2011 10:07

roadrunner
The Goat was fed Source?

I think Kes would have something to say about that.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 08 Nov 2011 10:12

would not surprise me in the slightest if true, the clown looks totally disinterested and is not going to be the difference we need this season unfortunately. Would be sad to see him go as he is probably the only player who gets you off your seat however shit he is playing.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Nov 2011 11:29

I shall support him 100% every time he is on the pitch. Will be shame when he goes but this season the consistency is just not there and I'd rather the club blooded Jordan Obita, at least he'd be getting much needed valuable experience.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 Nov 2011 12:24

roadrunner
The Goat was fed Source?

didn't hear it from my source, just a rumour I've heard doing the rounds, so don't take this as truth

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: RUMOUR - Kebe hands in transfer request

by Svlad Cjelli » 08 Nov 2011 12:26

Not sure why he would, now. He stands to get more as a signing-on fee as a free agent than he does being transferred, especially as he'll lose at least some of his share of the transfer fee by asking for a transfer.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 08 Nov 2011 13:22

Wont he lose some form of loyalty bonus as well by handing in a transfer request?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 Nov 2011 13:26

Depends where he is going and what they are offering him. THe loyalty bonus he would get from Reading would be pittance considering the signing on fee from a EPL or Ligue 1 team

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Nov 2011 13:29

gazzer, loyal royal Depends where he is going and what they are offering him. THe loyalty bonus he would get from Reading would be pittance considering the signing on fee from a EPL or Ligue 1 team

That signing on fee would be massively higher if he just runs his contract down, hence why I can't see him leaving before next summer (possibly out on loan in January).

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 08 Nov 2011 14:02

surely overestimating a lot of Ligue 1 there?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Nov 2011 14:07

Personally I think he'll simply disappear back to France in the summer.

royal67

by royal67 » 08 Nov 2011 15:21

Disappointing but pretty inevitable I suspect........ Kebe truly splits opinion. The old guy who sits in front of me in the Upper West does nothing but slag him off. This is regardless of whether he's scored a goal or ripped the oppositions left back to pieces for most of the game. He sounds like a worn out record...... Granted, Kebe hasn't turned out to be the player that we hoped he would be and he probably doesn't contribute to our goal tally as much as he should have done, but........ On his day, he is a really exciting player an one that always promises to do something a little special. He's a spark of excitement in an otherwise damp squib of a season. I'd much rather watch him play than HRK for instance who IMHO continually flatters to deceive......
It does of course, as mentioned by previous posters, give BMcD the chance to give Obita a run in the team who could turn out to be just as exciting a player.....

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Nov 2011 15:22

How much signing on fee do people think he's going to get? There aren't exactly clubs stampeding for his enigmaticness at the moment

Forty

by Forty » 08 Nov 2011 15:49

Kebe - in the EPL ....... jokes.

the bloke is lucky to get a place in our side at the moment, which is a pretty sad state of affairs for arguably our best / most talented / most likely to win us a game / most electric player.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 08 Nov 2011 15:52

Forty Kebe - in the EPL ....... jokes.

the bloke is lucky to get a place in our side at the moment, which is a pretty sad state of affairs for arguably our best / most talented / most likely to win us a game / most electric player.

Once we get to January, you can be fairly sure that one of the bottom 6 or 7 in the PL will be ready to gamble - if only because the impact of going down is so massive to them. How about Kebe to Wigan?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Nov 2011 16:33

Wycombe Royal
gazzer, loyal royal Depends where he is going and what they are offering him. THe loyalty bonus he would get from Reading would be pittance considering the signing on fee from a EPL or Ligue 1 team

That signing on fee would be massively higher if he just runs his contract down, hence why I can't see him leaving before next summer (possibly out on loan in January).

All depends on what interesting offers he may have on the table already. If they're ones that are better than he thinks he might get in the summer then he may want to make it happen sooner rather than later.

He may think that now is the time to move before he gets forgotten about after another six months of doing nothing.

All guess work really and based on a big if in terms of it being true or not.

267 posts