RUMOUR - Church to Swansea

Basingstoke Royal

RUMOUR - Church to Swansea

by Basingstoke Royal » 31 Dec 2011 07:23

According to the Sun, Rodgers wants Church for 2million and could offer Lita as part of the deal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Church to Swansea

by Franchise FC » 31 Dec 2011 07:43

Basingstoke Royal According to the Sun, Rodgers wants Church for 2million and could offer Lita as part of the deal.

If he makes it £1.5m and keeps Lita he might be onto something

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Dec 2011 08:11

More crap from another paper that should have been wound up like the NotW

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 31 Dec 2011 08:56

Lita has got to be worth around 3million, and they only just signed him. Complete boLOLOLocks

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Dec 2011 08:58

Rodgers liked Churchy but this seems silly-season talk.

Much as I didn't like Lita the man, he's work now for RFC
but his wages would be too high.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Dec 2011 09:04

Lita wouldn't come back

Different management but still the same men "up-stairs" who didn't offer him a contract last time around.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Dec 2011 10:29

church wont be sold even for £3m. mcdermott has had to work miracles here with losing a number of his best players over the last couple of summers. if the club sold church now i wouldn't blame the manager for packing his bags and walking too. what sort of message does it say to the manager and the fans that are so far proving more loyal than in recent years if we again sell our best striker? you've got to start building a promotion challenging side and stop taking 2 steps forward and then one back.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Dec 2011 10:41

urz13 Lita has got to be worth around 3million

Fucking LOL

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 31 Dec 2011 11:34

Would rather have Church to be honest, never really rated Lita that highly when he played for us. Fell over a bit too much as well, then complained about not getting the free kick.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 31 Dec 2011 12:12

If we got Lita in for Church, he would have one red hot streak of 5 to 6 games and make us a lethal force. He'd then lose his mojo and offer us nothing for the rest of the season, save a few goals when we're already 2 or 3 up.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 31 Dec 2011 12:32

Friday's Legacy church wont be sold even for £3m. mcdermott has had to work miracles here with losing a number of his best players over the last couple of summers. if the club sold church now i wouldn't blame the manager for packing his bags and walking too. what sort of message does it say to the manager and the fans that are so far proving more loyal than in recent years if we again sell our best striker? you've got to start building a promotion challenging side and stop taking 2 steps forward and then one back.

Madejski would not turn down 2 million for Church. He has been here for years and done nothing until a handful of goals this year. I would love to see him keep scoring but can't see it. 2 million would be good business and allow us to sign someone to partner our best striker - le fondre.

Saying that, madejski would t give any of the money anyway.

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 31 Dec 2011 13:45

one big :lol:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 31 Dec 2011 16:10

Lita is now a stroller, same as Kitson. They have both made a few bob and really do not seem to have the fire to work and add much to a strike force. Kitson appeared to be dawdling around to day for Pompy.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 31 Dec 2011 20:38

1871 Royal Would rather have Church to be honest, never really rated Lita that highly when he played for us. Fell over a bit too much as well, then complained about not getting the free kick.

To be fair Church fell over quite a bit today and then threw his arms up when he didn't get the free kick.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 31 Dec 2011 21:01

Saw this but reckon its a load of shit. Church has been in the papers a bit recently and on Sky Sports news a couple of time in recent weeks. I can only imagine his agent is building his profile. I can't see Church as a regular in the prem, sorry just cant.
Don't think he is worth £2mill either, i'd snap their hand off if they offered that, only if we had a replacement lined up.
On the flip side though it would be a shame if anyoone left in jan as we are a happy ship at mo and wouldnt wanna hinder anything

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Church to Swansea

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 01 Jan 2012 08:13

The only link with this is Swansea are a Welsh Club and Church has played for Wales!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2012 09:59

The Real Sandhurst Royal The only link with this is Swansea are a Welsh Club and Church has played for Wales!!

And Brendan Rodgers....

It's all just idle speculation. I can't see ANYONE prepared to pay over £500k for Church, let alone millions! :lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Jan 2012 10:03

If Church was a bit more aggressive (or brave) he might yet become a very good player
but right now he's not even pulling up trees in the Championship, so it's hard to believe
The Swans want him, unless it's one for the future.

OTOH they play more football, and people are always rabbitting on about Churchy's "movement"
so PERHAPS Rodgers is sniffing around.

Right now, if we are only thinking of this season and promotion, and we COULD get 2M
I'd bite off their hands. Hunt-ALF-Manset isn't bad and we have big strikers coming through
and some attacking midfielders (and could buy or get a loanee in)

But we stuck with Shane and hit paydirt...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Jan 2012 11:34

Church has still got a lot to improve on and I still believe he can make those improvements. He needs to concentrate on the manager's support and ignore the negativity coming from outside because if Brian has belief in him he can do anything (Just ask Shane Long).

You've also got to remember that he's been through a lot in the last few years. He lost his dad which must be hard at such a young age especially when you're just breaking into the first team and becoming a success in your professional life. I think you'd have seen Shane Long develop much earlier than he did if his Dad was still around.

I'd rather have a young, hungry and eager to improve Simon Church playing for us than a jaded Leroy Lita who seems to have rested on his laurels after our first PL season.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Jan 2012 11:55

sandman Church has still got a lot to improve on and I still believe he can make those improvements. He needs to concentrate on the manager's support and ignore the negativity coming from outside because if Brian has belief in him he can do anything (Just ask Shane Long).

You've also got to remember that he's been through a lot in the last few years. He lost his dad which must be hard at such a young age especially when you're just breaking into the first team and becoming a success in your professional life. I think you'd have seen Shane Long develop much earlier than he did if his Dad was still around.

I'd rather have a young, hungry and eager to improve Simon Church playing for us than a jaded Leroy Lita who seems to have rested on his laurels after our first PL season.

Agree with the last sentence.

My problem is I could see raw potential in Shane and no he was at least CAPABLE of something special.

Churchy's stats aren't bad and he has time and room for improvement
but it's just he never really excites. He's like "Magnolia Man"

Agree though, that he could still come more than good