Mansett off to China

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mansett off to China

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Feb 2012 13:21

The dehumanising use of the word during xenophobic hysteria surrounding Chinese immigration, referring to the infestation of people with eyes like ‘chinks in the pavement’, makes the term sufficiently weighted to be considered hateful.

People’s ignorance of whether or not a word is offensive is not a validation. If you don’t understand a word, don’t f/cking use it, imbecile.

And can the piss-stain who considers ‘Brit’ comparable - attach a hose to his car exhaust, thread it through the window, turn the engine on and do everyone who suffers contact with him on a routine basis a f/cking favour?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 21 Feb 2012 13:23

Eaststandman Yellow card, (if you'll excuse the pun)

Can you say this becos of your username?

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 21 Feb 2012 13:37

Z175
Eaststandman Yellow card, (if you'll excuse the pun)

Can you say this becos of your username?

Only if I change it to FarEaststandman!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 21 Feb 2012 13:39

Extended-Phenotype The dehumanising use of the word during xenophobic hysteria surrounding Chinese immigration, referring to the infestation of people with eyes like ‘chinks in the pavement’, makes the term sufficiently weighted to be considered hateful.

People’s ignorance of whether or not a word is offensive is not a validation. If you don’t understand a word, don’t f/cking use it, imbecile.

And can the piss-stain who considers ‘Brit’ comparable - attach a hose to his car exhaust, thread it through the window, turn the engine on and do everyone who suffers contact with him on a routine basis a f/cking favour?

I suppose you must me me? but I think you may be being a tad harsh! :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Feb 2012 13:45

I'm disgusted by Snowball's racism..

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2012 13:51

'greed. Sir Alex is saying he could've started a riot.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Feb 2012 13:51

Extended-Phenotype The dehumanising use of the word during xenophobic hysteria surrounding Chinese immigration, referring to the infestation of people with eyes like ‘chinks in the pavement’, makes the term sufficiently weighted to be considered hateful.

This is an outrageous slur on a respected poster of this site.

Anyone can see that Snowball was referring to the normal understanding of the word chink - which means "a small opening". You sir are taking political correctness to the extreme..........

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Feb 2012 13:53

andrew1957 Anyone can see that Snowball was referring to the normal understanding of the word chink - which means "a small opening". You sir are taking political correctness to the extreme..........

Urban Dictionary 1. chink 6159 up, 1345 down
A racist term used to describe the Chinese.
2. chink 2486 up, 1031 down
Chink is considered a racist term by Asian people. Chink is called to someone who is chinese or chinese look-alike(from other asian countries). Generaly you hear this word on roads or highways from angry drivers who just missed on getting an accident.
Snowball: I hate those damn chinks..they're everywhere.
Hobnob Massive: Snowball, you're a racist..Not cool man..NOT cool!
3. Chink 1553 up, 600 down
chink is an offensive word towards the chinese. It is considered a racist term by Asian people. Chink is called to someone who is chinese. It's also a slang word
person 1: Hey chink go make me an ipod

person 2: F***k you stupid slut
Last edited by LWJ on 21 Feb 2012 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Feb 2012 13:54

Eaststandman The word, 'Chink' as applied to somebody of Chinese origin may be deemed 'racist' by some, but is it sufficient evidence to condemn Snowball so completely to being a 'racist'?

Yes, its usage was deliberate and uncalled for.

He's got history of making offensive posts - it's time he was culled from this fair portal.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2012 14:02

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 21 Feb 2012 14:07

Maguire
Eaststandman The word, 'Chink' as applied to somebody of Chinese origin may be deemed 'racist' by some, but is it sufficient evidence to condemn Snowball so completely to being a 'racist'?

He's got history of making offensive posts - it's time he was culled from this fair portal.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of his 'previous' to be fair and I was actually interested in how/when a term becomes offensive/insulting/pejorative.

There are older folks down here in the west country who use the expression 'darky' I've even heard them use it to identify and compliment a skilful winger from Gillingham at an Exeter game! These folks would be ignorant, clumsy, stupid and many things, but racist? I'm not so sure.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Feb 2012 14:10

Extended-Phenotype T If you don’t understand a word, don’t f/cking use it, imbecile.

Ho-Ho

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 21 Feb 2012 14:15

Maybe the Thread should be renamed Snowballs a racist?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2012 14:16

Eaststandman
Maguire

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of his 'previous' to be fair and I was actually interested in how/when a term becomes offensive/insulting/pejorative.

There are older folks down here in the west country who use the expression 'darky' I've even heard them use it to identify and compliment a skilful winger from Gillingham at an Exeter game! These folks would be ignorant, clumsy, stupid and many things, but racist? I'm not so sure.

Calls himself SNOWball... Snow is white... You do the maths.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Feb 2012 14:17

Snowball's black though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2012 14:19

Well really it doesn't matter if you're black or white. Because as we all know Ebony And Ivory live together in perfect harmony.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Feb 2012 14:20

Pepe the Horseman Snowball's black though.

Reported!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Feb 2012 14:22

TBM
Pepe the Horseman Snowball's black though.

Reported!

:o

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Nature of the Beast

by Stretts » 21 Feb 2012 14:27

from HUFC's Bull's News:

"Some of the far-east press are suggesting that former Hereford United striker Mathieu Manset could be about to move from Reading to Shenhua.

UPDATE 1pm: The Hereford Times have reported that Manset has agreed to the move.

This from ABC Radio Australia:

Chinese football club Shenhua is poised to sign French striker Mathieu Manset on a half-year contract worth $US1.2-million.

The deal, expected to be signed soon, would see Manset play alongside French striker Nicolas Anelka, who arrived in China last week to play for Shenhua - the most high-profile foreign footballer ever to sign for the Chinese league.

Manset, 22, is currently on the roster of Championship club Reading and will reportedly be loaned off to Shenhua for six months.

The short-term contract is designed to give Manset a chance to play in the Premier League -- the top of the British football league system -- next season, the official Shanghai Daily newspaper quoted a Shenhua official as saying.

The Shanghai club declined to comment on Tuesday."

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Nature of the Beast

by Arch » 21 Feb 2012 14:33

Stretts The Shanghai club declined to comment on Tuesday."

Admirable restraint.