Official Deadline Day Thread......

614 posts
Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Official Deadline Day Thread......

by Libertine » 31 Aug 2012 22:51

Ups and Downs If we get relegated then there's little chance of that debt going away.

We beat Southampton last year but looking at heir squad with Ramirez, i think they would beat us now. That's not good.

They don't want to hear it. That money Southampton spent on Ramirez is money foolishly spent in their eyes. Class player, difference maker.

John Peel

by John Peel » 31 Aug 2012 22:52

Tamworth_Royal If the Peterborough game in which we played a full strength team wasn't a wake up call, then god help us.

You lot really don't get what the Premiership is all about do you. Do you think Tabb, Hunt HKR are going to change matches from the bench !.

You've been Madejski brainwashed.

See you all in 9 months agreeing with Madejski's cloth cutting :roll:

Incredible isn't it. Or maybe we're just pessimistic bast@rds. I would LOVE to be proved wrong of course.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 31 Aug 2012 22:52

£4.5m in total. There is more ambition to be had than that.

Do you think Hunt, HRK and Tabb are adequate reserves? If they play 25 games each this season, do you think we will stay up?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 31 Aug 2012 22:52

MmmMonsterMunch
Tamworth_Royal If the Peterborough game in which we played a full strength team wasn't a wake up call, then god help us.

You lot really don't get what the Premiership is all about do you. Do you think Tabb, Hunt HKR are going to change matches from the bench !.

You've been Madejski brainwashed.

See you all in 9 months agreeing with Madejski's cloth cutting :roll:

LOL. Signing Pog & Guthrie & McCleary & not having to sell any players is cloth cutting. This is what I hate about the PL - its fcuking vulgar & brings out the worst in people.

one proven Prem player dipstick

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2012 22:54

2 actually - Guthrie? :roll:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 31 Aug 2012 22:56

MmmMonsterMunch 2 actually - Guthrie? :roll:

my point, Newcatle felt he wasn't good enough for the Prem and let him go, hence the proven :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2012 22:57

LoyalRoyalFan
Ian Royal Fuking hell this thread is full of steaming bullshit.

Did you hear that from your radio?

Ahh the retort of those with their head up their arse.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 31 Aug 2012 22:58

Libertine
Ups and Downs If we get relegated then there's little chance of that debt going away.

We beat Southampton last year but looking at heir squad with Ramirez, i think they would beat us now. That's not good.

They don't want to hear it. That money Southampton spent on Ramirez is money foolishly spent in their eyes. Class player, difference maker.

I do agree that's it's an obscene amount of money for a newly promoted team, who in terms of stadium size are only marginally bigger, to spend. But it should get people worried. The margins at the bottom end of this league are so tight that just won win can make the difference, but we know that already, don't we!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2012 23:00

What concerns me is that, not withstanding a sudden surge of signings announced after thge deadline a la 2009/2010, our squad does not appear strong enough at present and it seems like we have missed out on the sort of deal that could have singed us a youngster with potential and Champions League experience for the want of a million euros.

Meanwhile, the clubs we should be competing with are making signings to address the obvious gaps from the first couple of games. Whilst I don't want to see us splashing out £8-9m on a player for the sake of it and broadly, I do agree with the Reading Way, we are supposed to now have the financial muscle to push the boat out for that extra million to make or break the deal that we didn't have previously but we are very conspicuous by our absence from any concrete action today.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2012 23:01

Cast your mind back to this time last year....

We'd just lost the play-off final, sold Mills, sold Long & the cloth cutting was in full swing.

DESPITE all that we went on to miraculously win the league, we've not had to sell any players to balance the books & have signed some fcuking good players. We are in the PL FFS - way beyond even the most optimistic RFC fan's expectation!!

Some people need to stop moaning & get a fcuking grip on reality seriously.

I wouldn't even say I am a happy clapper fan far from it but fcuk me some people are never bloody happy! I think it's encouraging that the new owners actually want to secure a long term future for the club & not spunk money on players they can't afford.
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 31 Aug 2012 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 31 Aug 2012 23:01

The RFC way is not going to secure top flight football. A club looking to stay in the top league in the world does not rely on 'bargains to be had'

Obviously - but you have perhaps 1-2 'names' & then mix it up with a few bargains & hope for the best. Like what we've done this year essentially. As a Reading fan I genuinely don't get why you see that as such an issue?? Are you confusing us with Man City?

So what if we become a yo-yo club? In reality that is the next logical step for this club ala West Brom, Birmingham, West Ham. I don't really have an inferiority complex - if we get relegated yes it will be a bit shit but it will soon be forgotten once the new season starts. Still amazed we're even in the PL. Just sit back & enjoy the ride

Not sure that should be our ambition TBH.

Edit:
Not sure what's happened with this quoting? :|
Last edited by leicsRoyal on 31 Aug 2012 23:04, edited 2 times in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 31 Aug 2012 23:01

Tamworth_Royal

my point, Newcatle felt he wasn't good enough for the Prem and let him go, hence the proven :roll:

Untrue - Pardew wanted him to stay.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 31 Aug 2012 23:02

Window closed - ohh well

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2012 23:03

MmmMonsterMunch Cast you mind back to this time last year....

We'd just lost the play-off final, sold Mills, sold Long & the cloth cutting was in full swing.

DESPITE all that we went on to miraculously win the league, we've not had to sell any players to balance the books & have signed some fcuking good players. We are in the PL FFS - way beyond even the most optimistic RFC fan's expectation!!

I wouldn't even say I am a happy clapper fan far from it but fcuk me some people are never bloody happy! I think it's encouraging that the new owners actually want to secure a long term future for the club & not spunk money on players they can't afford.

Promotion was cemented by an injection of cash in January to make key signings and secure key players and staff. Making reasonable outlay at the right time and in the right areas.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 31 Aug 2012 23:03

I'm satisfied.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Aug 2012 23:03

That's us screwed then.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 31 Aug 2012 23:03

MmmMonsterMunch Cast you mind back to this time last year....

This is the Premiership the big boys league to compete you have to spend and with Anton brainwashed by Madejski we are in big trouble

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 31 Aug 2012 23:04

Here come the usual excuses and postings from Fordham and Reading FC Twitter.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2012 23:04

USA_Loyal_Royal
Libertine
sputnik
Not sure this one was ever a starter. Fabulous player, and I would have welcomed him signing, but lets be honest. Possible relegation dogfight v possible top 6 challenge + European football. No contest.

He almost went to Villa but didn't because the fee couldn't be agreed to. And Villa might be the leading relegation candidate right now...

personally, i think relegation candidates are wigan, villa, southampton, qpr, or norwich. i personally dont see us going down because if we are in the relegation dogfight come janurary, im 100% sure that anton, mcdermott, and sir john will do ANYTHING to keep us up, weather it be spend huge amounts of money on players or whatever.

By which time the horse might well have disappeared over the brow of the hill and we'll just be left with a door flapping in the wind!

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 31 Aug 2012 23:04

MmmMonsterMunch
Tamworth_Royal

Untrue - Pardew wanted him to stay.

Bollocks

614 posts