RUMOUR - Danny Graham?

220 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: RUMOUR - Danny Graham?

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2013 22:44

paulholsgrove83 Marouane Chamakh in talks to sign for West Ham, add to that Joe Cole and that is some good business by West Ham.

LMFAO, what? Chamakh is a pile of dogshit!

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 04 Jan 2013 00:40

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... am-1516626

Well thats anything but a denial from McDermott. If he does "know" Graham we may have a chance unless of course he means he "knows of" Danny Graham in which case he's not really unique there. I think he'd be a wonderful signing and a statement of intent by Anton, he'd have no choice but to smash our transfer record with him, can't see Swansea accepting anything less than £4.5mil for him

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jan 2013 01:02

Interested to see how they're going to fit him in with Pog if we somehow do manage to get him.

Good striker though, his performance for Watford a couple of seasons ago at the Mad Stad is one of the best by a front man I've seen live (given the level)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2013 01:42

I'd be more than happy to have him here.

14 goals for the Swans last season

Crotts

by Crotts » 04 Jan 2013 08:36

Graham would not be a good signing for Reading. At 27 years old, a four year contract would mean that we would get relatively little back if we sold him. Plus more importantly, I think he is just a reasonable championship level striker and for that worth about a million.
If Simon Church had played the same pitch time for Swansea and had the same well crafted chances I would have expected him to score about 12 goals compared to Graham's 15 and I would rate Church as just a reasonable Div 1 striker.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Jan 2013 08:52

Crotts Graham would not be a good signing for Reading. At 27 years old, a four year contract would mean that we would get relatively little back if we sold him. Plus more importantly, I think he is just a reasonable championship level striker and for that worth about a million.
If Simon Church had played the same pitch time for Swansea and had the same well crafted chances I would have expected him to score about 12 goals compared to Graham's 15 and I would rate Church as just a reasonable Div 1 striker.

:shock:

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 04 Jan 2013 09:06

Crotts Graham would not be a good signing for Reading. At 27 years old, a four year contract would mean that we would get relatively little back if we sold him. Plus more importantly, I think he is just a reasonable championship level striker and for that worth about a million.

Hello Simon, how was Huddersfield?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 04 Jan 2013 09:17

He'll go to Norwich ....guaranteed Prem league football next season and also first team football ....neither of which Reading can offer him ...

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 04 Jan 2013 09:29

DOYLERSAROYALER He'll go to Norwich ....guaranteed Prem league football next season and also first team football ....neither of which Reading can offer him ...

Harsh but true .

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 04 Jan 2013 09:29

Isaac Hunt

Hello Simon, how was Huddersfield?

:lol: :lol:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 04 Jan 2013 09:34

winchester_royal Interested to see how they're going to fit him in with Pog if we somehow do manage to get him.

Good striker though, his performance for Watford a couple of seasons ago at the Mad Stad is one of the best by a front man I've seen live (given the level)

Most clubs have 4 strikers in their 25-man squad.
We have Pog who is starting to show his worth
We have Alf who is our Hernandez
Then what?
Roberts who is always injured and has scored 0 Premier goals for us
We have Hunt who is often injured.
Presumably we still have Church who is a joke and Samuel is a boy.
I reckon we have plenty of room for Graham.

jellytot

by jellytot » 04 Jan 2013 09:42

Agreed. Highly unlikely that he would join us as we are almost certain to go down.
In addition we seem to want to play 1 up front and with the pog on form i cannot see Graham
starting. Unless the pog or Roberts are moving on.. OR BM wants to revert to 4-4-2 a formation
Which is not widely used in the pl. Also we STILL do not have the quality and experienced midfield to play it. Doubt this will happen.

CzechRoyal

by CzechRoyal » 04 Jan 2013 10:03

BR2
winchester_royal Interested to see how they're going to fit him in with Pog if we somehow do manage to get him.

Most clubs have 4 strikers in their 25-man squad.
We have Pog who is starting to show his worth
We have Alf who is our Hernandez
Then what?
Roberts who is always injured and has scored 0 Premier goals for us
We have Hunt who is often injured.
Presumably we still have Church who is a joke and Samuel is a boy.
I reckon we have plenty of room for Graham.

I agree we need to build less for the future and more for staying up.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Jan 2013 10:29

I like Graham. But ideally wouldnt want to pay any more than 2.5m for him

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 04 Jan 2013 10:56

If we had £3M spare then I would love to sign Danny Graham, but as stated earlier I really don't see the point in signing any more strikers until the midfield is sorted, that must be the priority. At this moment we are trying to hammer in rubber nails, it doesn't matter if you buy an expensive new hammer, the nails are still rubber. We are not creating anywhere near enough chances, and we are giving away too many, our chances created to chances given ratio is appalling, and we can only counter this with quality midfielders. It follows that if we can create more chances than Pog and Alfie will probably score from more of them. We cannot sit and rue that they missed a chance if it was the only one we created in the game.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 04 Jan 2013 11:22

LoyalRoyal22 I like Graham. But ideally wouldnt want to pay any more than 2.5m for him

Wouldn't worry about that ...Hammond would get a nosebleed if he went above that figure :D ...still a club record amount and don't expect to see it surpassed in the future ....

MELKSHAM HOOPS

by MELKSHAM HOOPS » 04 Jan 2013 11:52

Graham in for £3m
Church out for £300K
Jobs a a good un

jellytot

by jellytot » 04 Jan 2013 13:16

So how is he going to fit in to our starting 11? Drop the Pog? Marginalise ALF? No we need more
Midfield ad presume 4-5-1 is the way going forward now.
Last edited by jellytot on 04 Jan 2013 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Jan 2013 13:22

No thanks. We have more than enough up top IMO.

Get a double hard b@stard in CM who can pass. Surely that is the priority above all others?!

Divvy

by Divvy » 04 Jan 2013 18:36

Straight swap for Pog?

Pog will go this summer when we're down, Graham would be superb for next season. Both valued at around £3m.

Apparently we're in negotiations over the fee, so we are talking. I still think Norwich are favourites if they're also in for him.

220 posts