RUMOUR - Iago Aspas

185 posts
Crotts

Re: RUMOUR - Iago Aspas

by Crotts » 17 Jan 2013 13:27

If Aspas has an £8.3m buyout clause in his contract and McDermott says he is too expensive why did we waste so much time watching him ?

I can afford a second hand Ford Focus but I'm off down the Ferrari showroom again to have a look at all the cars I can't afford !!!

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 17 Jan 2013 13:30

just because he has a 8.3million clause doesn't mean Celta wouldn't accept a lower offer

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2013 13:37

Sour grapes mode

He looks pretty lightweight. Not sure he'd cut it in the prem.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jan 2013 13:45

Can't see it happening but I take anything McDermott or the club says publicly for gospel though. We aren't signing ALF, Salako....

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 17 Jan 2013 13:47

2 world wars, 1 world cup Sour grapes mode

He looks pretty lightweight. Not sure he'd cut it in the prem.

Who wants a player called 'I Got Ass Spaz' anyway.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Jan 2013 14:42

i have got ass spaz, so i wanted him to come here to raise the profile of the disorder
Last edited by melonhead on 17 Jan 2013 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 17 Jan 2013 15:23

melonhead i have got ass spaz, so i wanted him to come here to raise the profile of the disporder

A horrible disorder, my brothers uncles great grand nephews anus died from this.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 17 Jan 2013 15:32

Royal Tezza Whatever your position is on whether we should spend, I think all would agree that being a Reading fan in the transfer window is a pretty deflating experience.

Why?

Reading have made two signings in this window so far, many more could come. The fans wanted more arrivals and we got them. It's not liked we haven't bought anyone in, that would be pretty alarming, but we have gone out and brought in new players.

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 17 Jan 2013 15:35

melonhead i have got ass spaz, so i wanted him to come here to raise the profile of the disorder

My sincerest apologies, I never thought about it from the perspective of a sufferer.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 17 Jan 2013 16:11

I was convinced at the start of the season that if we were 3 points off survival when January came around all we would need to do is sign well and we'd stand a good chance of staying up. Carrico shoul be decent, Kelly is an average signing and Akpan is a classic Reading signing. Absolutely nothing to suggest we'll improve further in the second half of the season. Where has the £60m from promotion gone?! Surely there must be at least £10m left. It's so frustrating, the transfer window opens and excitement about potential signings is everywhere and then we soon realise that it's just going to be a load of the usual shit. We need to spend one day.

The only saving grace is that McDermott was talking about January in the article - perhaps a potential move in the summer, especially of Celta Vigo go down and we stay up?

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 17 Jan 2013 16:17

LoyalRoyalFan
Royal Tezza Whatever your position is on whether we should spend, I think all would agree that being a Reading fan in the transfer window is a pretty deflating experience.

Why?

Reading have made two signings in this window so far, many more could come. The fans wanted more arrivals and we got them. It's not liked we haven't bought anyone in, that would be pretty alarming, but we have gone out and brought in new players.

I'm pleased with the players we've brought in don't get me wrong. It just always seems like that one player that would capture the fan's imagination is out of our reach, despite being consistently linked with numerous players I would put in this category.

Perhaps you're better at managing your expectations than me. It's the hope that kills you after all...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Jan 2013 16:19

urz13 I was convinced at the start of the season that if we were 3 points off survival when January came around all we would need to do is sign well and we'd stand a good chance of staying up. Carrico shoul be decent, Kelly is an average signing and Akpan is a classic Reading signing. Absolutely nothing to suggest we'll improve further in the second half of the season. Where has the £60m from promotion gone?! Surely there must be at least £10m left. It's so frustrating, the transfer window opens and excitement about potential signings is everywhere and then we soon realise that it's just going to be a load of the usual shit. We need to spend one day.

The only saving grace is that McDermott was talking about January in the article - perhaps a potential move in the summer, especially of Celta Vigo go down and we stay up?

money usually quoted for promotion includes parachute payments
wage bill will have doubled.
weve probably spent 10 million in transfer fees and signing on fees

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 17 Jan 2013 16:37

melonhead
urz13 I was convinced at the start of the season that if we were 3 points off survival when January came around all we would need to do is sign well and we'd stand a good chance of staying up. Carrico shoul be decent, Kelly is an average signing and Akpan is a classic Reading signing. Absolutely nothing to suggest we'll improve further in the second half of the season. Where has the £60m from promotion gone?! Surely there must be at least £10m left. It's so frustrating, the transfer window opens and excitement about potential signings is everywhere and then we soon realise that it's just going to be a load of the usual shit. We need to spend one day.

i see you

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 17 Jan 2013 16:52

For some reason I only just noticed this.

I saw this kid play a few months ago and thought he was fantastic. My team - Rayo Vallecano, since you ask - won that day but as a lone striker he ran the socks off of our defence, was controlled with his aggression, has an eye for goal and bagged two in twelve minutes.

Not sure if 8 million is realistic for somebody his age but if he helped keep us up he wouldn't be around for long...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2013 17:15

LoyalRoyalFan
Royal91 On the assumption we have £8.3m to spend I'd rather it went towards a CAM!

I hate this 'we need an attacking midfielder so badly' argument.

If you watch the way Reading play, they like to get it out wide very quickly, they like to work the wings. An attacking midfielder doesn't suit our style of play.

In recent weeks, Reading have improved because they have gone more defensive in midfield, and have let the wingers and strikers take the brunt of the attacking responsibilities. Guthrie is effectively our attacking midfielder if we ever needed one.

The point is we need one to give us more versatility because being reliant on wing play makes us predictable and easily countered.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 17 Jan 2013 18:16

melonhead

I tried to account for that as its usually described as '£90m' incl. parachute payments.... Just feel a bit disheartened about transfers in general.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 17 Jan 2013 18:25

urz13 I tried to account for that as its usually described as '£90m' incl. parachute payments.... Just feel a bit disheartened about transfers in general.

Me too, Guess its the Reading way do everything on the cheap

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Jan 2013 01:19

Same old reading

Always scrounging

£8.3mill isnt exactly gonna break the bank FFS when were 3 points from safety

I won't let myself go negative tho... I'm with the club ethos, I'm with the club ethos, I'm with the club ethos...

In Anton we trust in Anton we trust in Anton we trust

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 18 Jan 2013 02:02

If you look at the figures for last season only the top two clubs took over 60 million from the Premier League for finishing position, TV money etc. (excluding ticket sales and other income) so perhaps too many people rashly over estimate the income to be gained from promotion.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Jan 2013 07:09

Ian Royal
LoyalRoyalFan
Royal91 On the assumption we have £8.3m to spend I'd rather it went towards a CAM!

I hate this 'we need an attacking midfielder so badly' argument.

If you watch the way Reading play, they like to get it out wide very quickly, they like to work the wings. An attacking midfielder doesn't suit our style of play.

In recent weeks, Reading have improved because they have gone more defensive in midfield, and have let the wingers and strikers take the brunt of the attacking responsibilities. Guthrie is effectively our attacking midfielder if we ever needed one.

The point is we need one to give us more versatility because being reliant on wing play makes us predictable and easily countered.

Agreed with this. On the very rare occasion we attacked WBA down the middle they looked surprised (before we f*cked it up). Just need to buy a plan B in January.

185 posts