2013 Summer Transfer Window

801 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by Reading4eva » 28 Jul 2013 19:56

surrounded by saints
Wycombe Royal The transfer window doesn't close for over a month. Stop panicking people.

a good few points to gain........or lose in that month though.

Exactly and one of our big rivals for the title in Bolton. 3 points there may mean a lot come May.

Seriously we should and must beat Yeovil and Ipswich to be serious contenders

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Jul 2013 20:02

Reading4eva
surrounded by saints
Wycombe Royal The transfer window doesn't close for over a month. Stop panicking people.

a good few points to gain........or lose in that month though.

Exactly and one of our big rivals for the title in Bolton. 3 points there may mean a lot come May.

Seriously we should and must beat Yeovil and Ipswich to be serious contenders

Just like we beat Plymouth at home on the opening day in 2005.....

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Jul 2013 20:32

Were Plymouth in contention for the title :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Jul 2013 20:35

Reading4eva Were Plymouth in contention for the title :roll:

Are Yeovil or Ipswich? There are 46 matches this season not 2 or 3. We are nearly always slow starters.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 28 Jul 2013 21:08

Not over concerned at the moment, although this is very reflective of last year, some early signings then we seemed to struggle to get players in, many complaints on threads here over the past few years about Sir John not wanting to pay large amounts for players, hopefully frugality isnt going to take us down the same road again, I sometimes think getting Doyle and Long for pennies has a lot to do with our reluctance to spend big.

I am prepared to give Anton the benefit of doubt at the moment as he has been qouted as saying that more deals are going to be done. I also think that there is mileage in the Lambert rumours and that we are just waiting for other clubs to do the deals to set that one in motion.

The other point that confuses me at the moment, many lines on HNA about having to unload Pog due to his £50,000 per week, I can't believe we haven't got a reduced salary level in his contract, when we were relegated from the Premiership, can anyone throw any info on that ?

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 28 Jul 2013 21:35

We weren't expected to be either..

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 28 Jul 2013 23:23

a friend of mine did some work in Guthrie's house at the beginning of last summer. my friend told m he was very open on what he was paid and did mention what others was on to an extent, his words were that him and Pog were the top earners at the club £34k guthrie and £36k Pog but had significant appearance fees and goal bonuses to make up the shortfall, although I can only take his word for it it does not seem that either are on £50k or £70k that was being bounced around. i guess if Pog is not in NA's plans then he is still picking up £36k playing reserve football, but it would not be as bad as some suggest if we didnt shift him.

BTW my friend has done some work at Guthrie's house recently and he cannot wait to get Reading back in the premier league and really show what he is capable of

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jul 2013 23:34

mikey0406 a friend of mine did some work in Guthrie's house at the beginning of last summer. my friend told m he was very open on what he was paid and did mention what others was on to an extent, his words were that him and Pog were the top earners at the club £34k guthrie and £36k Pog but had significant appearance fees and goal bonuses to make up the shortfall, although I can only take his word for it it does not seem that either are on £50k or £70k that was being bounced around. i guess if Pog is not in NA's plans then he is still picking up £36k playing reserve football, but it would not be as bad as some suggest if we didnt shift him.

BTW my friend has done some work at Guthrie's house recently and he cannot wait to get Reading back in the premier league and really show what he is capable of

I applaud your friends commitment to our promotion push

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jul 2013 23:35

Pog was quoted as a 4 year deal worth £60k a week. Anyone thinking that meant it was £60k a week basic salary is not overly bright. Big old signing on fee up front, then goal / appearance bonuses etc. He'll have had a relegation wage reduction clause as well. But it'll still place him on huge money for the Championship. If it really was £36k which is believable, he'll almost certainly still be on £20k+

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 28 Jul 2013 23:49

my friends only happy to assist the promotion push...if theres paying punters and their houses need plastering

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Jul 2013 07:58

Ian Royal Pog was quoted as a 4 year deal worth £60k a week. Anyone thinking that meant it was £60k a week basic salary is not overly bright. Big old signing on fee up front, then goal / appearance bonuses etc. He'll have had a relegation wage reduction clause as well. But it'll still place him on huge money for the Championship. If it really was £36k which is believable, he'll almost certainly still be on £20k+

The club pay for a pad in Kensington as part of his wages, so you're not far off.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 29 Jul 2013 08:50

Loving the panic. I fully expect one completely jaw-dropping signing still to happen- if everyone elses business goes to order. A player of undoubted skill, who has spent a year doing bugger all while paid a fortune- who knows he needs to play every week...

Scott Sinclair will sign on loan.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 29 Jul 2013 09:39

Wycombe Royal

Are Yeovil or Ipswich? There are 46 matches this season not 2 or 3. We are nearly always slow starters.

Exactly. 12 points from our first 10 games last time in the Championship.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 29 Jul 2013 14:14

exileinleeds Loving the panic. I fully expect one completely jaw-dropping signing still to happen- if everyone elses business goes to order. A player of undoubted skill, who has spent a year doing bugger all while paid a fortune- who knows he needs to play every week...

There are plenty of PL clubs in for him so this, while it sounds fantastic, is unlikely because the player will rather have regular PL football than regular Chump football.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2013 14:19

Binfield Royal
exileinleeds Loving the panic. I fully expect one completely jaw-dropping signing still to happen- if everyone elses business goes to order. A player of undoubted skill, who has spent a year doing bugger all while paid a fortune- who knows he needs to play every week...

There are plenty of PL clubs in for him so this, while it sounds fantastic, is unlikely because the player will rather have regular PL football than regular Chump football.

Unlikely is an understatement. It would also be completely pointless, given that we already have over 100 wingers.

Sweet FA

by Sweet FA » 29 Jul 2013 14:50

I think Saturday highlighted how desperately we need a striker (assuming Pog is on his way). I really hope NA doesn't keep insisting on playing ALF up-top on his own, that's simply not his game. If Pog is going and Roberts continues to be crocked I think we need a big 'number 9' to rough defenders up a bit and also take his share of the kickings that will undoubtedly be aimed at ALF by Chump defenders.*

*Apologies if repeating something someone has already said, can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 29 Jul 2013 16:09

Sweet FA Apologies if repeating something someone has already said, can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Compliments your username nicely.

Although I have not seen any pre season games except the one that was on the Internets, I have felt for sometime that Le Fondre cannot lead the line by himself. Actually, I am pretty sure it is clear to all that he has been rather ineffective starting full stop.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 29 Jul 2013 17:04

What about Clint Dempsey?
I cant aee him getting many games at Spurs this season but he is surely good enough for the championship.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 29 Jul 2013 17:10

loyalroyaldaz What about Clint Dempsey?
I cant aee him getting many games at Spurs this season but he is surely good enough for the championship.

I think that there could be a queue of PL clubs that would want him.

Plus, Spurs are compiling a pretty complete squad, and would want him around for the odd start and Europa campaign.

RfcJ

by RfcJ » 29 Jul 2013 20:35

Rumours of Carlton Cole keep popping up, not sure if I'd want him tbh

801 posts