RUMOUR - Robert Beric

674 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Robert Beric

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2015 17:44

bobby1413
Ian Royal If this turned out to not be bollox i think it would start waving massive flags that the Thais are mental and dodgy. There's no way on earth we should be paying multiple millions for a player given our circumstances.

What circumstances? I thought we were now quite stable and back on track. Off loaded a lot of players and ownership saga sorted

I find it difficult to believe we've halved our wage budget with Pog, Williams, Gunter, McCleary and HRK still here and we're losing ~£8m in parachute money having been making a big loss the previous year and squeeking through FFP.

Sorting out the problems we had in 12 months would be phenomenal.

Not to mention that we're currently a bottom half champ club and that'd be close to our record fee, if not above it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jul 2015 18:09

Have to agree to an extent with Ian on this one. Last summer we were selling a player to stave off administration, we were cutting it fine with FFP in January and despite a money spinning cup run we still have some very big earners in the squad and our parachute payments have been reduced.

Unless the club has received, or is about to receive a massive windfall I can't see how we can justify spending £3m+ on one player.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Jul 2015 18:12

Don't forget that rams fee fees are not such a big issue for FFP as the fee is charged to the P&L over the period of the initial contract. So if we sign him £4m on a 4 year deal only £1m is charged to the P&L each year.

It is wages that are the killer and I don't think his wages will be that massive.

Esteban

by Esteban » 03 Jul 2015 19:00

Wycombe Royal Don't forget that rams fee fees are not such a big issue for FFP as the fee is charged to the P&L over the period of the initial contract. So if we sign him £4m on a 4 year deal only £1m is charged to the P&L each year.

It is wages that are the killer and I don't think his wages will be that massive.

Not to mention we now have three shirt sponsors instead of one!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Jul 2015 19:07

At the price being suggested, it's hard to believe this has any creditability.

But if it does, id much rather we spent on our defence like getting someone like Mancienne in; then getting getting the younger from Lisbon.

Hey-ho. In Clarke we trust.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Jul 2015 19:07

At the price being suggested, it's hard to believe this has any creditability.

But if it does, id much rather we spent on our defence like getting someone like Mancienne in; then getting getting the younger from Lisbon.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 03 Jul 2015 19:57

Maybe those sponsorship deals are pretty big?

Bit like how PSG get round FFP...

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Jul 2015 20:25

"Creditability"??

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 03 Jul 2015 20:31

royalp-we At the price being suggested, it's hard to believe this has any creditability.

We desperately need goals. Sure we need to strengthen in defence also, but we really, really need some players who have the confidence to have a pop at goal and actually be successful on more than the very odd occasion. I very much doubt that this is true and of course its silly money being talked - but how exciting if it is ....... perhaps at last we have some owners prepared to back their manager with a bit of financial support. I'm enjoying the ride thus far.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Jul 2015 21:11

PistolPete I got a flight from Podgorica to Stanstead yesterday and as I came through arrivals a guy in a RFC tracksuit was waiting for someone, I happened to notice he met a 6'1'' guy who looked 20-22 years old and had been on my flight.

Beric is Slovenian not Montenegrin and doesn't really look like the guy I saw.

HOWEVER, my 'spotted' was so useless I didn't know where else to put this incredible information!

I was in the hotel lunchtime today and Hammond was having a meeting with someone who matches the above description. (Though obviously your description is very broad).

I would have guessed the guy might have been Portuguese due to his tan, but could well have been Montenegrin.
Hammond was talking to him for well over an hour, plus however long before I got there. Presume the chap has impressed in the couple of days he's been over here and they were ironing out a contract.

Given the squad's off to Thailand on Sunday, expecting a signing to be announced tomorrow!

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 03 Jul 2015 21:29

P!ssed Off
PistolPete I got a flight from Podgorica to Stanstead yesterday and as I came through arrivals a guy in a RFC tracksuit was waiting for someone, I happened to notice he met a 6'1'' guy who looked 20-22 years old and had been on my flight.

HOWEVER, my 'spotted' was so useless I didn't know where else to put this incredible information!

I was in the hotel lunchtime today and Hammond was having a meeting with someone who matches the above description. (Though obviously your description is very broad).

I would have guessed the guy might have been Portuguese due to his tan, but could well have been Montenegrin.
Hammond was talking to him for well over an hour, plus however long before I got there. Presume the chap has impressed in the couple of days he's been over here and they were ironing out a contract.

Given the squad's off to Thailand on Sunday, expecting a signing to be announced tomorrow!

Didn't get a picture then?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Jul 2015 21:36

Yup, we gingers are well known for our tanning ability...

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Jul 2015 22:17

No, as discussed above, the man in question was not Beric.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 03 Jul 2015 22:56

I've been through the Montenegrin U21 and first team squad, still not sure. He defo could be italian, but why Podgorica!! Haha, Poirot I'm not...

He's like a young Novak Djokovic, but less microphone...

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jul 2015 01:38

P!ssed Off No, as discussed above, the man in question was not Beric.

Yup, spotted it now, my bad.

icelandboy

by icelandboy » 04 Jul 2015 02:20

Maybe it was Beric's agent?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Jul 2015 10:07

The story in the Kurier is so specific - that this confirms that we definitely have bid for this player .... whether the quoted 5.4 million is accurate, I'm not sure; of course, a lot of these bids include 'add-ons' etc. so 5.4 million could be the total ...

Found this video - goals scored in 2015 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEjLRxJi7gY

None of them look particularly spectacular .... reminds me a bit of a young Kevin Doyle ....

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 04 Jul 2015 11:26

P!ssed Off

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127610

?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 04 Jul 2015 12:41

Semedo really isn't very djokovic :|

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 04 Jul 2015 12:51

West Stand Man "Creditability"??

Exactly. ..I think he meant creditableness. .

674 posts