Rumour: Blackman to Sheff Utd

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour: Blackman to Sheff Utd

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Jun 2013 18:19

melonhead
Norfolk Royal
melonhead tbh i think that most people here, making assumptions based on incredibly brief time spent in a team who were losing every game, dont really know what the oxf*rd he is like as a footballer.

Tbf I think you get a rough idea from watching them play.

how long did you watch him for exactly?
did a fair few decent things when i saw him play, in the brief time hes been on the pitch for us

i reckon you could get a decent video together of mistakes made by pele
but by watching him over a decent ammount of time youd come to realise he was actually ok

I don't think that is a fair comparison to make.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2013 18:35

melonhead
Norfolk Royal
melonhead tbh i think that most people here, making assumptions based on incredibly brief time spent in a team who were losing every game, dont really know what the oxf*rd he is like as a footballer.

Tbf I think you get a rough idea from watching them play.

how long did you watch him for exactly?
did a fair few decent things when i saw him play, in the brief time hes been on the pitch for us

i reckon you could get a decent video together of mistakes made by pele
but by watching him over a decent ammount of time youd come to realise he was actually ok

None of you need to watch me play 10 90 minute games to know I'd be absolutely diabolical. He's had enough pitch time to have shown some genuine quality. All he's done is looked even more out of his depth than the rest of squad and massively over-priced. So he's put in one or two ok crosses and had a tame header at goal that was easily saved. It's not unreasonable to expect someone you've paid £1m+ for to show significantly more than that.

I'm sure he'd be fine as a longer term project for a team knocking about the middle of the Championship. That's not our stated intent. Akpan, who we got under similar circumstances, but cost a whole bucketload less, has shown far more promise. And even so, he looks like he's not going to be troubling the first 11 a great deal.

Hertfordshire Royal

by Hertfordshire Royal » 27 Jun 2013 18:47

Unfortunately a million quid is nothing in football these days. Wouldn't even cover an agents taxi fayre

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 27 Jun 2013 19:17

Can't help having some sympathy for him. He's obviously got the 'I woz an impulse buy innit' tag due to him being more expensive than Akpan and not exactly tearing the opposition apart when he played.

Nonetheless, we're likely to lose one striker before the new season and he can't be without some talent. I'd keep him so at least there are some striking options on the bench. The Championship is going to prove his make or break in the squad, it's not easy to judge him from a few Premier League appearances for an already doomed side.

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 27 Jun 2013 19:26

Give him to Jan in the championship and see how he does,