January Transfer Window

276 posts
BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: January Transfer Window

by BR2 » 16 Jan 2014 12:45

Norfolk Royal http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/norwich-city-fc-transfer-news/38461-reading-midfielder-on-canaries-radar.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.UtfC-JqYZD4

All over twatter now as well. Rumour though really. Hughton is probably for the chop on Saturday anyway.

I like the poster who heard something on the wireless-makes me sound so young and trendy.
It sounds the classic case of a manager going back for his old players so come on Nigel forget Sharp and go back for some of Saints' better players. :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Jan 2014 16:47

So where do people want us to strengthen? If I was asked at the start of the window I would have asked for a LB and a CAM.

Now with 2 great performances under the 4-4-2, Obita looking solid at LB and Jobi, Drenthe, HRK, Guthrie, Akpan and Williams all duking it out for 3 midfield positions (maybe Blackman too) if we accept McCleary has his place locked down, then I would be happy with just Baird and Sharp.

Assuming nobody leaves obviously.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jan 2014 17:16

LoyalRoyal22 Half way through the transfer window, apparantly takeover agreed in principle, and no sign of any new signings.. We need 2/3 minimum if we want to get into the play offs. Can see it being another typical Reading transfer window ending in disappointment.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Jan 2014 17:23

Is that to address my question about what position people want us to strengthen?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jan 2014 18:15

NewCorkSeth Is that to address my question about what position people want us to strengthen?

No

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jan 2014 18:15

LoyalRoyal22
NewCorkSeth Is that to address my question about what position people want us to strengthen?

No

I dont think we will strengthen, not with anybody to improve on what we already have.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 20 Jan 2014 18:18

melonhead good. get shot.

he's oxf*rd awful.

get rid of le fondre too

Seriously?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2014 18:36

LoyalRoyal22
LoyalRoyal22 Half way through the transfer window, apparantly takeover agreed in principle, and no sign of any new signings.. We need 2/3 minimum if we want to get into the play offs. Can see it being another typical Reading transfer window ending in disappointment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jan 2014 18:42

Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

:lol: Good timing

Loyal royal 247

by Loyal royal 247 » 20 Jan 2014 19:09

Its just going to be another reading transfer window. we get all these rumors and we do not buy anyone. sameold sameold :evil:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Jan 2014 20:29

^ this! despite Jam saying funds will be available. If any thing happens it might be by way of loans next month.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 20 Jan 2014 20:30

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 20 Jan 2014 20:44

Loyal royal 247 Its just going to be another reading transfer window. we get all these rumors and we do not buy anyone. sameold sameold :evil:

Get over it already! We look a decent side again now we're playing 4-4-2 and to our strengths. We have several key players out injured, and when they come back we look even better for the run in, and they'll be fresher for their break too.

I'm sure we'll see Sharp come in at the very least. That and seeing a couple of kids getting a go is really pleasing for me!

jellytot

by jellytot » 21 Jan 2014 08:42

SPARTA
Loyal royal 247 Its just going to be another reading transfer window. we get all these rumors and we do not buy anyone. sameold sameold :evil:

Get over it already! We look a decent side again now we're playing 4-4-2 and to our strengths. We have several key players out injured, and when they come back we look even better for the run in, and they'll be fresher for their break too.

I'm sure we'll see Sharp come in at the very least. That and seeing a couple of kids getting a go is really pleasing for me!

+1 Look it is all about the takeover. Maybe we can use some of the Long sell on money but the cupboard is empty unless the takeover goes through. We are doing ok at the moment. Take into account the injuries! We are 6th. And I believe (probably in dream world) that a good run is possible and we could some how take 2nd! However, it will need to be a special run. We do need a player or 2 but we shall have to see. We all know that the play offs have been a disaster for the club. Another depressing trip to Wembley with defeat assured before kick off I would rather miss out on them. Think even without the takeover we can take a play off spot.

I did dream that we signed Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi on tranny deadline day. Jeff Stelling fainted with excitement! However, I then woke up.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Jan 2014 08:43

SPARTA

Agree - don't think we need anyone really, apart from a striker .... we might need others if we have further injuries, but we can use loans for that. Wouldn't really know who to drop from the team currently .... and we still have players coming back from injury. A DM might be useful to get in .... instead of Baird if he's out.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jan 2014 14:16

Don't we normally push advertising for text alerts and RW when a signing is close?

Yet more deception :wink:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jan 2014 16:02

In the last transfer window we were told 3/4 players could join us in the last week and in the one before that we were all hoping for a big name signing.

In both of those windows I wasn't convinced that there would be any late business but oddly I believe we will sign 1/2 players in this one.

Loyal royal 247

by Loyal royal 247 » 26 Jan 2014 16:38

This thread is pointless . We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman comes in. (But you don't no if their rich cause look at Anton zigigsseesghsdf we said he'll be rich

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jan 2014 17:17

Loyal royal 247 This thread is pointless . We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman comes in. (But you don't no if their rich cause look at Anton zigigsseesghsdf we said he'll be rich

This thread is pointless. We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman come in. You don't know if they're rich. Look at Anton Zingarevich, we said he'd be rich.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 27 Jan 2014 08:24

Royal Ginger
Loyal royal 247 This thread is pointless . We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman comes in. (But you don't no if their rich cause look at Anton zigigsseesghsdf we said he'll be rich

This thread is pointless. We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman come in. You don't know if they're rich. Look at Anton Zingarevich, we said he'd be rich.

He is rich, he's just choosing to spend his money somewhere else such as the winter olympics. Thats how he passed the FPPT. Got money just won't spend it on us.

276 posts