January Transfer Window

276 posts
jellytot

Re: January Transfer Window

by jellytot » 27 Jan 2014 09:27

Yep I imagine we will be sat on this thread on deadline day watching players join other clubs... probably better to have a good book with you.

Perhaps we can get a loan? OK probably not!

I live in Saudi at the moment. The window will close at 2am my time... probably should go to bed early, shouldn't I? I imagine I will stay up late though like some mad lunatic.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jan 2014 10:02

Royal Ginger
Loyal royal 247 This thread is pointless . We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman comes in. (But you don't no if their rich cause look at Anton zigigsseesghsdf we said he'll be rich

This thread is pointless. We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman come in. You don't know if they're rich. Look at Anton Zingarevich, we said he'd be rich.

Was trying to find some kind of meaning in those highlighted red letters - is it some kind of satanic code?

readingdream

by readingdream » 27 Jan 2014 11:16

we wont sign anyone
sharp gone to doncaster
alfie will leave or stay on the bench

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 27 Jan 2014 11:34

readingdream we wont sign anyone
sharp gone to doncaster
alfie will leave or stay on the bench

or alfie continue starting, affair?!

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 27 Jan 2014 16:47

Sky Sports News Transfer Centre have us linked to

Kevin Doyle
Graham Dorrans
Jack Hobbs

and are also carrying the story the Alfie isn't leaving.

Clearly either they dont know we have no money, or, they might know something we dont know.....

FWIW :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2014 17:53

Bruce is repeating we've bid for Hobbs and he's free to talk to us, so obviously we've got some money, and Madejski wasn't lying afterall. (RB :roll: )

Hopefully Hobbs will be concluded one way or the other soonest, so if we don't get him we can try to put that money elsewhere.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Jan 2014 17:54

Royalwaster
Royal Ginger
Loyal royal 247 This thread is pointless . We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman comes in. (But you don't no if their rich cause look at Anton zigigsseesghsdf we said he'll be rich

This thread is pointless. We are not going to buy anyone until these rich people from Oman come in. You don't know if they're rich. Look at Anton Zingarevich, we said he'd be rich.

Was trying to find some kind of meaning in those highlighted red letters - is it some kind of satanic code?

Corrections

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jan 2014 09:13

Royal Ginger
Corrections

Nice one - now teach dave royal to spell!

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 28 Jan 2014 09:56

Loyal royal 247 Its just going to be another reading transfer window. we get all these rumors and we do not buy anyone. sameold sameold :evil:

Yeah - we never sign anyone of any note in January do we?

Other than Sidwell, Kitson, Kebe, Roberts, Morrison...

MM

by MM » 28 Jan 2014 10:00

jellytot Yep I imagine we will be sat on this thread on deadline day watching players join other clubs... probably better to have a good book with you.

Perhaps we can get a loan? OK probably not!

I live in Saudi at the moment. The window will close at 2am my time... probably should go to bed early, shouldn't I? I imagine I will stay up late though like some mad lunatic.

You live in Saudi, therefore you are clearly a mad lunatic.

Why do we have an open January transfer window thread? Shouldn't this have been locked ages ago?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2014 10:32

BraisingsteakRoyal
Loyal royal 247 Its just going to be another reading transfer window. we get all these rumors and we do not buy anyone. sameold sameold :evil:

Yeah - we never sign anyone of any note in January do we?

Other than Sidwell, Kitson, Kebe, Roberts, Morrison...

Ingimarsson.

JIM

by JIM » 28 Jan 2014 12:01

3 Days to go and not a whisper of a player going or coming,This really is a big year in the transfer market for us few royal supporters, But with a bit of luck I can watch QPr and West h, slowly bankrupt themselves ,Or I can watch QPR promoted and West h secure premier status. While royals slowly sink into oblivion,, no change then over the last 90 years.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 Jan 2014 12:08

I'm amazed at how doom and gloom some people are especially when we're in for playoffs and off the back of a 7-1 win.

I think you'd have a #cutforreadingfc if we were at the bottom of the table.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 28 Jan 2014 12:33

JIM 3 Days to go and not a whisper of a player going or coming,This really is a big year in the transfer market for us few royal supporters, But with a bit of luck I can watch QPr and West h, slowly bankrupt themselves ,Or I can watch QPR promoted and West h secure premier status. While royals slowly sink into oblivion,, no change then over the last 90 years.

Not a whisper? Apart from the bid we had accepted for Hobbs?

A bit :roll: at this one, JIM.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 28 Jan 2014 12:48

JIM 3 Days to go and not a whisper of a player going or coming,This really is a big year in the transfer market for us few royal supporters, But with a bit of luck I can watch QPr and West h, slowly bankrupt themselves ,Or I can watch QPR promoted and West h secure premier status. While royals slowly sink into oblivion,, no change then over the last 90 years.

JIM. can I call you JIM?

JIM - you're a complete cúnt.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Jan 2014 12:58

In reply to HoneyRoast:-
No, we are on the back of a 2-0 loss and hanging on to 6th spot with a number of clubs within a few points of us.
The time to buy is when you are in a position of strength and we cannot just say surely that we will wait till next year or the following year and pick our time to get promoted.
There are many clubs bigger than us that were once at the top level but through lack of investment have spent a lot of time at the lower levels such as Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Leeds,Forset, Ipswich,etc. so I feel that if there is a chance we should try our utmost to take it and that means improving the squad.
What is the point otherwise?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Jan 2014 13:05

YateleyRoyal

That RFC have never confirmed? Isn't it all Steve Bruce?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 28 Jan 2014 13:08

Just out of curiosity JIM (is that your name or an acronym by the way?), I am rather intrigued by your reference to the Royals slowly sinking into oblivion, as they have for the last 90 years. Have you been watching Reading FC for the last 90 years JIM? Have you even been watching them for the last 9 years? A decline into oblivion for the last 90 years would mean that we are in a worse position today than we were two weeks ago (funny, seems the same to me but as this is a slow 90 year slide it may not be noticeable over that period). So what about ten years ago?? Er......... not really. Fifteen years ago? Grimsby and Luton (ah, they've gone onto such heights while we have been sliding into oblivion). 30 years ago? Ah yes, flirting with the PL was never as good as bouncing round between the third and fourth tiers of English football. I have to express concern for your aptitude of perception and comprehension if you truly believe what you're spouting.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 28 Jan 2014 13:26

SPARTA
YateleyRoyal

That RFC have never confirmed? Isn't it all Steve Bruce?

Not the point. JIM is saying no sniffs of players coming in - that seems to be a rather big one. More so than mindless paper spaculation

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jan 2014 13:31

Victor Meldrew In reply to HoneyRoast:-
No, we are on the back of a 2-0 loss and hanging on to 6th spot with a number of clubs within a few points of us.
The time to buy is when you are in a position of strength and we cannot just say surely that we will wait till next year or the following year and pick our time to get promoted.
There are many clubs bigger than us that were once at the top level but through lack of investment have spent a lot of time at the lower levels such as Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Leeds,Forset, Ipswich,etc. so I feel that if there is a chance we should try our utmost to take it and that means improving the squad.
What is the point otherwise?

Some of those clubs did not sink due to under-investment but due to lack of success and bad investments ....

276 posts