Adkins to West Brom

236 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins to West Brom

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Jan 2014 13:21

floyd__streete :|

Depresses me that people find Holloway amusing. No, he's a sour little twat.

Then again, we are a nation who seems to find Mrs Brown's Boys amusing.

+100.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 03 Jan 2014 13:24

If we're going for the US owners, then I would welcome wonderfully fat headed Bruce Arena and his wonderful slacks to our land

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 13:25

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch So people are choosing Dolan because of one backs to the wall game at OT?

Really?! I suppose it is the Reading Way but I'm bored of the Reading Way.

I think people are choosing Dolan because of the fantastic job he's done in charge of the academy for a number of years, the exciting attacking football which the academy sides play, the fact that as a club we seem to be focused on bringing our own through, how he did a more than decent job as Exeter manager before joining us, and yes, the fact that the performance at OT last season was as positive as any we've seen in the last 18 months.

+1

I was literally calling for Dolan to be made manager whilst the gimps were in the car park persuading Coppell to stay. 8)

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 03 Jan 2014 13:25

Brum Royal
floyd__streete Depresses me that people find Holloway amusing. No, he's a sour little twat.

Then again, we are a nation who seems to find Mrs Brown's Boys amusing.

'Greed re Holloway. Not really amusing at all, although to call him a sour little twat is harsh.

Mega 'greed re MBB

Double 'greed

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Jan 2014 13:26

Big Foot I was literally calling for Dolan to be made manager whilst the gimps were in the car park persuading Coppell to stay. 8)

BF - the Martin Peters of HNA, 5 years ahead of his time.

One day I'd like BF to be chairman of STAR, tbf.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Jan 2014 13:28

Can we send our fans to West Brom instead?

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 03 Jan 2014 13:28

St. Brynjar Wouldn't blame him at all for taking the job if offered. Hasn't done great here by any means but doesn't deserve the hate he gets, and with an uncertain future at Reading he'd be mad not to take a long-term contract at an established PL club.

Straight swap for Steve Clarke please, or Dolan failing that. Could wait a few weeks and get BFS in 8)

Steve Clarke? Really?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 13:30

floyd__streete
Big Foot I was literally calling for Dolan to be made manager whilst the gimps were in the car park persuading Coppell to stay. 8)

BF - the Martin Peters of HNA, 5 years ahead of his time.

One day I'd like BF to be chairman of STAR, tbf.

6 years*

And that will never, ever happen I'm afraid

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2014 13:31

Dolan likes the same brand of football that Adkins likes. He'd get 6 months with this shite lump it team who can't adapt before you all want him out too.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Jan 2014 13:33

SPARTA Dolan likes the same brand of football that Adkins likes. He'd get 6 months with this shite lump it team who can't adapt before you all want him out too.

Mmm, Dolan's a little more 'positive' in his approach from what I've seen of the U18's.

4-2-3-1, wide, wingers, quick football but with defenders who look to bring the ball out of defence.

Fcuk it. Even I'm starting to hope this happens..

Eammo IN

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 13:33

SPARTA Dolan likes the same brand of football that Adkins likes. He'd get 6 months with this shite lump it team who can't adapt before you all want him out too.

NOPE

Adkins can go because of

1) He's an ex-Southampton kant
2) He's a kant
3) He's a smarmy kant
4) He's a perma tanned kant
5) He's not ONE OF US
6) His smile annoys me
7) He talks bollocks
8) His face winds me up
9) His accent is pathetic
10) His team selections and substitutions are (at best) random

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2014 13:36

winchester_royal

Mmm, Dolan's a little more 'positive' in his approach from what I've seen of the U18's.

Disagree based on previous Adkins sides. Dolan has players who can play that system. Adkins' players are very limited and aren't comfortable with the ball at their feet.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Jan 2014 13:38

SPARTA this shite lump it team

Who won the league the last time they were in this division 8)

LOL @ your little strop. If Adkins goes are you leaving as well :?:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Jan 2014 13:39

SPARTA
winchester_royal

Disagree based on previous Adkins sides. Dolan has players who can play that system. Adkins' players are very limited and aren't comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Again not sure I can agree. Despite having a plethora of decent wingers at his disposal we've consistently lacked width in the way we've played this season, with the likes of McCleary too often coming inside.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Jan 2014 13:40

floyd__streete
SPARTA this shite lump it team

Who won the league the last time they were in this division 8)

LOL @ your little strop. If Adkins goes are you leaving as well :?:

SPARTA has been quite pathetic in his denial of McDermott, and his constant posting of awful Twitter sources from @ReadingFC_News - the hub of school holidays information. :lol:

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 03 Jan 2014 13:42

Charles Watts ‏@charles_watts 1m

On Adkins to West Brom, am told there's nothing in it. #readingfc unaware of interest and West Brom sources say they will be very surprised.

:(

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jan 2014 13:44

Oh dear. Someone seems a little tired. Has the respect of the players and has had a big effect on more than a few of their careers.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 13:45

dizzynewheights Charles Watts ‏@charles_watts 1m

On Adkins to West Brom, am told there's nothing in it. #readingfc unaware of interest and West Brom sources say they will be very surprised.

:(

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2014 13:46

winchester_royal Even without the ownership uncertainty WBA would be a more attractive proposition. Similarly established academy set up, considerably superior quality of players, premiership status, players more suited to the 'style' NA tries to play, etc...

Not sure I can see the notoriously tight Jeremy Peace forking out the required amount of compo myself, but we'll see.

Don't disagree. However, if it wasn't for the ownership farce, I think Adkins would do the right thing and stay to see the job through.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2014 13:47

sandman

Oh dear. Someone seems a little tired. Has the respect of the players and has had a big effect on more than a few of their careers.

Does he? Le Fondre and Karacan both said after he left that they were unhappy with our tactics (Le Fondre) and how they were utilised (Karacan). I'm sure there would have been others who didn't go public. The direct football was effective, but it was still hard to watch; and McDermott couldn't adapt to the Premier League. Even Leeds fans in 8th are starting to moan about the football.

236 posts