Administration

409 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Administration

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2014 16:50

SPARTA
MmmMonsterMunch This sort of scenario would galvanise the club & fans I think though Sparta. We would be a lot more supportive with the up & coming players.

It's well needed as the fans have felt more detached from the club than ever - well I certainly have.

It might well do, but one day a big club will enter admin and not come out, and I really don't want to test the water. That said, it hasn't exactly hurt Leicester has it. There would be no current owner saying he wants this to stay the same, or that to stay the same, and potentially hold up a takeover. I'm just hoping SJM calls on the previously interested parties and gets something sorted urgently. He has a lot of money to find by the end of next week, and that's in addition to the transfers out that we desperately need this summer.

How do you know he has a lot of money to find by the end of next week?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 04 May 2014 17:22

Royal Rother
SPARTA
MmmMonsterMunch This sort of scenario would galvanise the club & fans I think though Sparta. We would be a lot more supportive with the up & coming players.

It's well needed as the fans have felt more detached from the club than ever - well I certainly have.

It might well do, but one day a big club will enter admin and not come out, and I really don't want to test the water. That said, it hasn't exactly hurt Leicester has it. There would be no current owner saying he wants this to stay the same, or that to stay the same, and potentially hold up a takeover. I'm just hoping SJM calls on the previously interested parties and gets something sorted urgently. He has a lot of money to find by the end of next week, and that's in addition to the transfers out that we desperately need this summer.

Somebody said so on here and somebody else repeated it, isn't that enough for you?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 May 2014 17:34

Pseud O'Nym
Royal Rother

Somebody said so on here and somebody else repeated it, isn't that enough for you?

Isn't that how stupid pitch invasions start?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2014 17:35

SPARTA
Ian Royal
SPARTA

Hasn't hurt Leicester? They've been out of the PL for a decade or more and spent a fair amount of that in League One.

Wow, you're hard to please. Considering how drastic going through admin is, that's a wee bit better than ending up in League 2... No it hasn't really hurt Leicester.

I suppose next you'll be telling me it hasn't hurt Leeds. Personally I'd prefer we don't end up in League One for a few years when we don't get hurt by Administration

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Financial Problems or not???

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2014 18:18

Might be a good idea to merge the "Administration" thread with this one.....

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 May 2014 18:39

DaveBanana People keep mentioning a substantial amount we have to pay next week - what's this all about?

Pukka Pies have served us with notice that they're calling in a debt on job lot of steak and kidneys.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 04 May 2014 18:45

Norfolk Royal
DaveBanana People keep mentioning a substantial amount we have to pay next week - what's this all about?

Pukka Pies have served us with notice that they're calling in a debt on job lot of steak and kidneys.

The club should retaliate and call in trading standards..

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 May 2014 18:50

Royal Rother
SPARTA

Presumably someone has decided it's the Vibrac loan.

Which was presumably taken out to pre-cover the players wages as the parachute payment doesn't actually get paid until the end of the season.

So the next question is, did we over commit on that?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 May 2014 19:25

Presumably that was taken out with a deal nearly in the bag or the promise of cash from the Russians

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 04 May 2014 20:03

SPARTA
Royal Rother Administration?

Total bollocks.

Drenthe with 3 years left on his contract?

More total bollocks.

Adkins said yesterday he has 3 more years left.

Shakes head in despair

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 May 2014 20:42

Now I don't know a whole lot about company administration, but look at it this way:

If a company goes into administration, it means it will try to pay off as much debt as possible from whatever means are available. You end up paying perhaps 25p in the £1 say, (ignoring the "first call" of secured creditors etc, we don't know if JM/AZ are first in the queue, although I suspect they might be).

Let's say JM is owed, what, £25M, (can't remember the last accounts or whether the impact of AZ's first payment tranche had any effect on the figure, so this could be total nonsense, but for the sake of argument, bear with me), and AZ is owed say £9M with the rest being this Vibrac thing that I must have missed.

If JM or indeed AZ forced the club in to Admin to get their loans back, it is highly likely they will only get a percentage of the original loan back. What sense would that make? Surely it is better to offload those players who could command a transfer fee, (I'm thinking of McCarthy, McCleary, Gunter, Williams, Guthrie, ALF and possibly Obita - and I'm assuming Pog/Drenthe would be immovable due to the size of their salaries, and Blackman/Akan because they're utter pants - and the likes of McAnuff/Leigertwood not having their contracts renewed), and then continue to run the club as we used to before AZ appeared.

Agreed, we would not be anywhere near the play-offs, and indeed would doubtless be fighting a relegation scrap, BUT - it would be an ideal opportunity to start to blood the U21's, and we would significantly reduce our squad numbers as well as wage bill.

I think a degree of reality does need to enter into the fans consciousness now. We have had a damn good last 10 years, (by our own relative historical standards), and it is clear we need to retrench for a few years. This is unpalatable to the "new" fan base, but in the long term must be seen to be a sensible approach. Controversially, I think this would make our Academy even more stronger, as, with the likelihood that progression into the 1st 18 squad is eminently achievable, we would be a more attractive team to join than say or local PL rivals. The key here of course is to retain our Grade 1 Academy status.

Clearly we wouldn't want to become a southern Crewe Alexandra, but with the likes of Eamon Dolan in the Academy, NA as manager (due to his proven record of blooding youth), we do seem to have the foundations for moving forward, albeit from a lower base. Why couldn't we be the next Southampton? (And who would have thought THAT sentence would have been written 5 years ago!!)

Again, being controversial, I am perhaps glad we missed the play-offs this year. It means we cannot paper over the cracks again this close season. If the above does indeed come to pass, we could at least see hungry, enthusiastic players, playing an attractive brand of football next season, without the pressures of being a recent ex-PL team, and expectations muted. I did enjoy the U18/U21 games this season on YouTube etc. If these lads were given a bit of time, I do believe they could take this club forward through the coming 2/3 leaner years.

You must remember that these last 10 years or so have been the best, by far, in the long history of this great club of ours. No-one has a divine right to stay at the top, or even near it - one only has to look at Liverpool for the last 20 odd years, and ManUre this season, not to mention Wolves, Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth and so many other clubs too numerous to mention, to accept that statement.

If JM can hold his nerve, get shot of the charlatan currently owning 49% of the club, and keep the Academy going as it is, in a few years we will be wondering what all this recent fuss has been about.

Apologies if this is all bollocks - it just seems to make sense to me!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 May 2014 20:58

SHORT AND CURLY
SPARTA
Royal Rother Administration?

Total bollocks.

Drenthe with 3 years left on his contract?

More total bollocks.

Adkins said yesterday he has 3 more years left.

Shakes head in despair

Official site says he signed a 2 year deal with an option for a third. The article is still on there.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 04 May 2014 21:56

strap Now I don't know a whole lot about company administration, but look at it this way:

If JM can hold his nerve, get shot of the charlatan currently owning 49% of the club, and keep the Academy going as it is, in a few years we will be wondering what all this recent fuss has been about.

Apologies if this is all bollocks - it just seems to make sense to me!

You clearly do not know much about administration. AZ is the charlatan who owns 51% (not 49%) of the club. :? :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 May 2014 23:55

MmmMonsterMunch Well it would seem quite mental that we've gone from relatively well run to fcuked after signing what 3-4 players on big contracts?

I would guess only Pog / Drenthe are on silly money. Williams / Guthrie probably relatively expensive but I'd be surprised if they were on bumper deals given their previous status at other clubs.

We lost 5 million a year in the championship before we went up when we had no highly paid players

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 May 2014 23:58

No Marussia screen shots to be seen on the electroboards yesterday

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 May 2014 00:00

SPARTA
Ian Royal Well if all these administration ITKers are right, we'll be hearing an announcement by June won't we. If not, I imagine they'll find some excuse why they weren't actually wrong and it'll be by July. Then August. Ad infinitum.

It wont come to that surely, not yet. The club have a number of big wagers out of contract which gives us a bit of breathing space, and they'll do their best to move Pog and Drenthe on. Others will be in high demand - McCleary, Obita, Gunter, Alf; hopefully HRK and Pearce (sadly, but he is a high earner now). The threat of administration for me, will come if we can't shift enough of the high earners, and if we can't secure new ownership soon. Either way, I don't think we have much to look forward to next season. A season of struggle unless the free's and kids can over perform.

Burnley only spent half a million on transfers in last 15 months of that helps

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 May 2014 07:30

Wycombe Royal
SHORT AND CURLY
SPARTA Adkins said yesterday he has 3 more years left.

Shakes head in despair

Official site says he signed a 2 year deal with an option for a third. The article is still on there.

To be fair it was Dellor who put a length of time on the contract, Adkins just agreed with him but in a disappointed tone. I'm sure that immediately after his side had failed to clinch the play off spot we should've done Adkins had more on his kind than either knowing every players contract terms or bothering to correct Dellor.

In terms of the threat of administration, I've heard some believable rumours over the last couple of months that it's a real threat as we just aren't covering our existing outgoings and Madejski just hasn't got the cash or motivation to continue to cover them if the Zingarvichs don't.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 05 May 2014 08:41

Drenthe 100% only on a 2 year deal as he said on his Instagram that he has one year left on his contract, with the club having an option of a 3rd year.

We won't shift him in the summer, no chance.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2014 11:05

With the parachute payments still to come and the value of the players still on the books and under contract, there is remedial action that can be taken - plus knowing the names of the main creditors (TSI and SJM) it has to be nonsense for administration to be a real prospect.

If the club were to take no action to address the imbalance thinking they can carry on as they are then yes, administration might be on the cards, but they won't.

I just wonder whether somebody somewhere has been saying "if we carry on as we are then administration is a very real possibility..." And people have taken that at face value.

We don't know everything that has happened with finances behind the scenes since the June 2013 accounts were published of course but I really can't see it being a real prospect.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 05 May 2014 12:31

Royal Rother With the parachute payments still to come and the value of the players still on the books and under contract, there is remedial action that can be taken - plus knowing the names of the main creditors (TSI and SJM) it has to be nonsense for administration to be a real prospect.

If the club were to take no action to address the imbalance thinking they can carry on as they are then yes, administration might be on the cards, but they won't.

I just wonder whether somebody somewhere has been saying "if we carry on as we are then administration is a very real possibility..." And people have taken that at face value.

We don't know everything that has happened with finances behind the scenes since the June 2013 accounts were published of course but I really can't see it being a real prospect.

My thoughts exactly. There are assets to sell in the form of players and surely the club will want to control their sale to try to maximise the fees received. Also SJM will want to hold on to the hope that he can find a buyer he considers suitable for as long as he possibly can. Handing the sale of the club to an administrator would mean that he would lose this control.

409 posts