Wild Speculation - Kodjia

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Wild Speculation - Kodjia

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Jan 2016 23:12

Thought he was brilliant today and as we bought Bkackman off the back of him playing 1 good game against us, maybe we could do the same with this lad.

We were saying at the game that he might be one of those tricky players who never gets goals, but 9 in 20 for Bristol City this season is decent. Then checked out his goals in France and the Championship and he's got bags of quality in terms of finishing, movement and pace.

I think he got ta Lord once today in the whole 90 minutes and was awesome.

Tommio

Re: Wild Speculation - Kodjia

by Tommio » 02 Jan 2016 23:18

Super Kevin Bremner! Thought he was brilliant today and as we bought Bkackman off the back of him playing 1 good game against us, maybe we could do the same with this lad.

We were saying at the game that he might be one of those tricky players who never gets goals, but 9 in 20 for Bristol City this season is decent. Then checked out his goals in France and the Championship and he's got bags of quality in terms of finishing, movement and pace.

I think he got ta Lord once today in the whole 90 minutes and was awesome.

Really wanted us to sign him last summer. Pretty sure City got him for £1.5m or something relatively cheap. Can only imagine them selling him for nothing under £3m. Perhaps if they go down we can get him on the cheap next summer.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jan 2016 00:11

They paid £2m for him I believe, can't see them selling him (otherwise they'd be truly fcuked) until next summer if they are in League One.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jan 2016 01:23

Was he their 22?
If we want a powderpuff player who will spend all game dribbling into dead ends, never passing to team mates and unable to strike a ball cleanly then he could be ideal.
Thought he looked way out of his depth and of no real use to City. Amazed he's had shot on target let alone scored.
Must have had an off today against us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jan 2016 01:37

:| He was their best player by a mile

Tommio

by Tommio » 03 Jan 2016 01:39

Nameless Was he their 22?
If we want a powderpuff player who will spend all game dribbling into dead ends, never passing to team mates and unable to strike a ball cleanly then he could be ideal.
Thought he looked way out of his depth and of no real use to City. Amazed he's had shot on target let alone scored.

I thought he was good when we played them away. Yesterday he was busy and good on the ball, with decent players around him he's score a lot of goals.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jan 2016 07:58

genome :| He was their best player by a mile

Not sure how that can be when he didn't pass to anyone else and consistently mis hit the ball !
The other guy up front was much more effective, some really good lay offs and a real handful, if a bit cumbersome.

Of course being the best player in a team as poor as them is like being the most honest FIFA official !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jan 2016 08:41

genome :| He was their best player by a mile

Heard a City fan say on the radio the trouble with "the old codger" was that he needs 7/8 chances to score 1 goal. So sounds like he'd fit in rather well with our current options.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Jan 2016 09:58

Thought he looked dangerous without really threatening. But that could change in the right team. A bit Kebe-esque? However, I'd prefer to sign Koita from Blackburn. Think he's the type of player we need instead of Sa

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Jan 2016 10:03

He was good yesterday and showed all the raw ability of a top notch player, he just needs a bit of fine tuning.

Can't see him making his way to us though, City won't sell on the cheap. We'd be better off looking for a player similar to this from the source in France.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 03 Jan 2016 11:11

Seem to remember him fizzing the ball across our six yard box several times, and no one took the ball off him until the 80th minute when Norwood slid in on him.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Jan 2016 18:07

I guess you thought Antonio was out if his depth here too?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Jan 2016 10:00

West Stand Man

He was, hence why we loaned him out to try and improve him. Unfortunately after 1 loan spell he didn't want another and he wasn't good enough to push for 1st team here. Don't be deluded just because he's half decent now

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jan 2016 10:56

West Stand Man

Did you post that in the wrong thread ? It seems irrelevant to a Bristol player in a game against us !
Hard to see how you rated the guy so highly when he did nothing positive all game. I think we Sussex him fairly quickly and when he had the ball we shadowed him and pushed him into areas where he could do nothing with the ball at which point he either kicked it away or lost control and we won the ball back easily.
He may be a world beater but on the evidence of the game we saw he looked like a number of players we have had in the past - superficially good but actually contributing nothing.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jan 2016 13:45

LWJ
West Stand Man

He was, hence why we loaned him out to try and improve him. Unfortunately after 1 loan spell he didn't want another and he wasn't good enough to push for 1st team here. Don't be deluded just because he's half decent now

Players develop at different rates, he was a late developer and at the time given other players and where we were we weren't able to afford him the playing time needed to help him achieve his potential or satisfy his ambitions.

He's done well since, good for him.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Jan 2016 15:52

Nameless
Thought he looked way out of his depth
and of no real use to City. Amazed he's had shot on target let alone scored.

Did you post that in the wrong thread ? It seems irrelevant to a Bristol player in a game against us !
Hard to see how you rated the guy so highly when he did nothing positive all game. I think we Sussex him fairly quickly and when he had the ball we shadowed him and pushed him into areas where he could do nothing with the ball at which point he either kicked it away or lost control and we won the ball back easily.
He may be a world beater but on the evidence of the game we saw he looked like a number of players we have had in the past - superficially good but actually contributing nothing.

You really should read your own posts before going off on one! You brought up the 'out of his depth issue, hence my question which clearly infers that maybe those of you who, quite regularly (between you) write players off may just be wrong to do so.

Then you need to read my post before making assumptions. Point out to me the words that suggest I 'rate the guy so highly'?

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1