mariappa

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

mariappa

by linkenholtroyal » 26 Apr 2016 12:17

Is out of contract in the summer and would fill that missing cb position, knows mcdermott from time with us before. Thoughts??

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: mariappa

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Apr 2016 12:34

it has to be a yes tbh, we wont get better on our budget, doubtful a prem club will take him, im sure lots of championship clubs will be after him though, so will depend on what available wage budget we have if a qpr or a derby come in for him we have no chance

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2016 12:44

Given the probable loss of Ferdinand then getting Mariappa and Holding would be good replacements and certainly give us a very competitive defensive line up in the centre. Not sure how you'd keep all of them happy at our level though - even if Cooper also left.

May give us options to be able to play a comfortable 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 if the need arises.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Apr 2016 14:39

Yes 100%.

Mariappa and McShane aka a brick wall. With Al Habsi looking more comfortable we could certainly be build from the back

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Apr 2016 14:51

its a yes from the slough jury

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2016 16:24

I no likc him in thee Premior four us;; he bee plenty goodenough in the champian ship..,.yes pleas

:roll: "dave" Etc

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 26 Apr 2016 17:34

100% yes

Al Habsi, Mcshane and Marriapa would be a great core to have in defence.

If we have a strong defence, we could rebuild our squad very nicely from there

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Apr 2016 19:16

AthleticoSpizz I no likc him in thee Premior four us;; he bee plenty goodenough in the champian ship..,.yes pleas

:roll: "dave" Etc

You don't come across anything like Dave to be honest. Poor impression.

If Dave really is putting on an act then I have to say he is very talented. He's doing a great job (for so long). He should be in Hollywood.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2016 19:38

......but "dave" is another poster.....haven't you rumbled who yet?

also, was meant to be a poor impression.......totally devoid of humour..........btw

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 26 Apr 2016 19:57

linkenholtroyal Is out of contract in the summer and would fill that missing cb position, knows mcdermott from time with us before. Thoughts??

Forced a move out of Reading and left under a cloud. Never going to happen!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Apr 2016 20:11

AthleticoSpizz ......but "dave" is another poster.....haven't you rumbled who yet?

also, was meant to be a poor impression.......totally devoid of humour..........btw

I know he's another poster, I don't know who though. :D
:D I've been thinking about how I can try and talk like Dave as well. But I don't think I can do it.
He is a seriously talented guy to be able to keep that up for so long.

Mariappa good player. We be try sing him in summar.
Reading do well next season. You watch. Top 6 finish. Season ticket price go up next year. You dont come, cant afford got money.

No one can talk like Dave. He is good.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2016 20:18

Top Flight
AthleticoSpizz ......but "dave" is another poster.....haven't you rumbled who yet?

I know he's another poster, I don't know who though. :D
:D I've been thinking about how I can try and talk like Dave as well. But I don't think I can do it.
He is a seriously talented guy to be able to keep that up for so long.

Mariappa good player. We be try sing him in summar.
Reading do well next season. You watch. Top 6 finish. Season ticket price go up next year. You dont come, cant afford got money.

No one can talk like Dave. He is good.
ohhhh I dont know...pretty good......might have to rethink my "dave" theory

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2016 23:10

linkenholtroyal Is out of contract in the summer and would fill that missing cb position, knows mcdermott from time with us before. Thoughts??

I liked him, but I'm not sure after he bogged off at the first sign of relegation. Maybe understandable with what was going on behind the scenes. I think he'd make a decent partner for McShane... bit quicker, bit more cultured and mobile iirc.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Apr 2016 08:47

Love to have him but if we did manage to get him then it would suggest our summer budget won't be quite as tight as feared.

Reckon he's out of our price range. W definitely CBAP

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Apr 2016 12:59

I was going to say (wages depending) a massive YES!

But after seeing Dave advocating it, I'm going to have to pass.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Apr 2016 13:01

Probably a yes for me, especially as he could cover the right back slot as well (meaning Gunter could always do a shift on the left if required).

A few questions marks considering he engineered his move away and he's undoubtedly going to want some serious wedge, but on a pure ability sense then yes, I'd take him.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Apr 2016 13:06

Reading fans = anti a returning manager who failed in the Prem, pro a returning player who failed in the Prem.

:roll:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2016 13:17

Would be happy with him back, he didnt disgrace in the premier league for us.

Though Mariappa and McShane would never be able to play together as we'd have the shortest centre back partnership in the league

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 Apr 2016 13:22

floyd__streete Reading fans = anti a returning manager who failed in the Prem, pro a returning player who failed in the Prem.

It's only No Fixed Abode (Chelsea fan) and Longhorn who are anti-McDermott. It's just that they're very noisy about it.

99% of Reading fans are pro McDermott and we'll be pro a good centre half like Mariappa joining our team in the summer if it is a deal that the club can pull off.

He may not be good enough for the Prem, but he would certainly bolster our team right now. Next season is all about consolidation and building.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Apr 2016 13:42

Top Flight
floyd__streete Reading fans = anti a returning manager who failed in the Prem, pro a returning player who failed in the Prem.

It's only No Fixed Abode (Chelsea fan) and Longhorn who are anti-McDermott. It's just that they're very noisy about it.

99% of Reading fans are pro McDermott and we'll be pro a good centre half like Mariappa joining our team in the summer if it is a deal that the club can pull off.

He may not be good enough for the Prem, but he would certainly bolster our team right now. Next season is all about consolidation and building.

You keep telling yourself that and you'll end up believing it Top Flight!

There are lots of Reading fans who have very little faith in McDermott. They're at games, out and about around the town and certainly on twitter, Facebook and here on HNA. I'd say it's probably about 60/40 in favour of supporting him.