Re: Warnock leaving Rotherham

by leon » 19 May 2016 09:33

Nameless He's from Yorkshire

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 19 May 2016 09:46

Nameless wrote:
His record is ok, in 35 years he's had 7 promotions of which 4 have been through playoffs.
But he's never managed a club of any size, my impression is that he has to be the biggest name at any club he is at therefore the Championship suits him nicely. His rap sheet regarding bust ups with all sorts of people is way longer than his list of footballing achievements, there has to be something wrong when a manager constantly picks fights with other managers, opposition players,my is own players, referees and anyone else he can find.
Hopefully he'll fade quietly into obscurity, some call him a character but he's almost entirely negative in his approach to the game and it cannot be shrugged off as 'passion"

When seen on the box, he comes across as being very sure of himself. Some would say, arrogant. Particularly as he seems to have a vendetta against the referee's union, and is always, always (did I say always) moaning on about some decision or other. Cor, doesn't he go on. Hours and hours of it. Unless his team have romped home, of course. Mind you, that being said, his autobiography is a good read. Anyways, as Nameless said, time for Colin to fade quietly into obscurity. And, living in Cornwall, means that he'll no doubt have fun going in the amusement arcades on Penzance prom before heading off round the corner to the pubs in Newlyn. Where he can reminisce about past glories to some of the fisher boys, whilst perched on his bollard. "Ha ha, just like that. Well lads, there was this time when we were playing at Reading. God, how they love me up there".

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2016 11:02

Actually a great character to have in the game, a terrific pantomime villain for some clubs and a real talisman for others. But, no, not at Reading FC thank you.

And, luckily, we already have a manager so why would we want to bring Colin in anyway?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 May 2016 11:03

He looks like Tony Soprano's mum, so it's a no from me.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 May 2016 11:30

Nameless But he's never managed a club of any size...

I think Sheff United and Leeds would both count as pretty big clubs, not the likes of a Man Utd, Arsenal or Brighton of course, but big enough.

Nameless ...therefore the Championship suits him nicely.

He said the same himself, that he loves the Championship and that it's his level. He also said he'd been speaking to a number of clubs.

I get the impression he'll end up having a few months off and then wait for a club to sack an under performing manager and step in to save the day as he did at Rotherham.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 May 2016 12:32

Hoop Blah I get the impression he'll end up having a few months off and then wait for a club to sack an under performing manager and step in to save the day as he did at Rotherham.

Perfect.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 19 May 2016 12:37

maffff
Hoop Blah I get the impression he'll end up having a few months off and then wait for a club to sack an under performing manager and step in to save the day as he did at Rotherham.

Perfect.

So when do we think he's be taking over here then? December?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 May 2016 12:48

I would rather be relegated than see us appoint Warnock, I certainly wouldn't go to another game while he was manager.

He is the personification of everything I hate in a football manager

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 May 2016 12:54

^^ Totally agree with this. Although he has mellowed a lot in the last few years and become almost a caricature of himself, he retains the persona and attitude of a massively spoilt and over indulged schoolboy. Like Shards I'd be OUT if this happened (which I'm confident it won't btw).

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 19 May 2016 13:38

Schards#2 I would rather be relegated than see us appoint Warnock, I certainly wouldn't go to another game while he was manager.

But you will happily go to watch the utter shite that McDermott dished up last season?
Some people just have "McDermott Blindness" and are happy to live on his past achievements, incredible :shock:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 May 2016 13:46

"McDermott is useless, yeah we finished top 5 in both of his two full seasons but he was useLOLess in the Premier League, get Warnock in instead"

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 May 2016 15:11

Appaling pcunt, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club

Some chumps say he has a great record in the championship, do you know who else has a great record in the championship?

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 19 May 2016 15:24

Silver Fox Some chumps say he has a great record in the championship, do you know who else has a great record in the championship?

And has a title winner's medal to his name as well, something Colin doesn't

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 19 May 2016 16:00

genome He looks like Tony Soprano's mum, so it's a no from me.

always been the bad guy from howard the duck for me.

ive always thought he was th etype of manager youd love if he was at your club. but since I already h8 him, that's out of the question.
my feelings have warmed though, having listened to him on talk sport a bit, he actually seems quite a decent chap.
but still, no

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2016 18:05

Dixeyroyal
Schards#2 I would rather be relegated than see us appoint Warnock, I certainly wouldn't go to another game while he was manager.

But you will happily go to watch the utter shite that McDermott dished up last season?
Some people just have "McDermott Blindness" and are happy to live on his past achievements, incredible :shock:

Wow, just how far can you miss the point by.....l

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 19 May 2016 20:20

Only hire Colin on the condition that Wally Downes is appointed as team coach.
Sit back and watch the fireworks... 8)

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 19 May 2016 23:43

Dixeyroyal

This is NOT about the football we played last season (and yes much of it was dire)..... it is a question about whether you would entertain Colin as our manager AND I am happy to see many share the same opinion of this loathsome individual..... also we can be sure that while he is our manager Brian will not be encouraging any of his players to go out and cripple an opponent :evil:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 May 2016 09:38

poohs pure One million percent yes currently. We are in massive danger of relegation next season, regardless of what anyone says to the contrary. If anyone can reverse the slide we are on, with no budget, then it is Warnock. Hate the pcunt but at the moment he would be a good choice. Let's face it, we're all fickle when it comes to our team and if he got us into the top 6 to 8 places, we would be singing his name every week. He is 100% a total twat, but actually does that matter, it's a results game after all.

The sense oozing out of this post is quite remarkable. Well done

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 20 May 2016 09:48

Sky Sports News this morning stating he's in advanced talks with Blackburn to take over there.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 May 2016 09:53

Brum Royal Sky Sports News this morning stating he's in advanced talks with Blackburn to take over there.

He and Danny Guthrie will get along well I am sure.