We Need a Striker!!

141 posts
GazzTheSpaz

Re: We Need a Striker!!

by GazzTheSpaz » 14 Dec 2016 13:43

FIFA 17 always seems to know which players will turn out to be good in the future, although he's getting the occasional game at Man City Iheanacho on loan til the end of the season would be good!

Stam, if you're reading this you can thank me later.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Dec 2016 14:14

GazzTheSpaz FIFA 17 always seems to know which players will turn out to be good in the future, although he's getting the occasional game at Man City Iheanacho on loan til the end of the season would be good!

Stam, if you're reading this you can thank me later.

Shall we go for Rashford as well? - Similar value to their clubs.

Do people actually think about what they post before they hit sub.... oh never mind. :roll:

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 14 Dec 2016 17:42

Would like to see Meite given a full 90 against Blackburn .. afterall, we've tried everyone else !

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Dec 2016 12:17

Dennis the Butler Would like to see Meite given a full 90 against Blackburn .. afterall, we've tried everyone else !

I'd like to see Gunter up there. A role where you don't have to cross, don't have to defend would suit him perfectly. He also has an eye for goal and great heading ability as demonstrated at Fulham.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 Dec 2016 01:19

CountryRoyal
Dennis the Butler Would like to see Meite given a full 90 against Blackburn .. afterall, we've tried everyone else !

I'd like to see Gunter up there. A role where you don't have to cross, don't have to defend would suit him perfectly. He also has an eye for goal and great heading ability as demonstrated at Fulham.

:roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Dec 2016 08:15

Mike Hunt
CountryRoyal

Yep, Gunter needed to look up at Fulham. Great point, Michael.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Dec 2016 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 17 Dec 2016 09:44

Whilst it's self evident that we need a striker, my question would be why would any decent forward want to join us? If they'd seen us play they would know that they're going to see virtually nothing of the ball and get sparse opportunities to actually shoot at goal. I can't imagine anything more frustrating for a striker than trying to fit into our "system ". Look at Leeds on Tuesday - 77% possession and two shots on target, with Samuel as our main striker getting seven touches of the ball the whole game. If I was someone like Nahki Wells for example and was approached by Reading I'd tells us to stick it.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 17 Dec 2016 11:13

sandman
Mike Hunt
CountryRoyal

Yep, Gunter needed to look up at Fulham. Great point Michael.

:lol:

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 17 Dec 2016 16:58

Get Sam gallagher, tall, decent, young and might want a move to avoid relegation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2016 17:02

Muskrat Whilst it's self evident that we need a striker, my question would be why would any decent forward want to join us? If they'd seen us play they would know that they're going to see virtually nothing of the ball and get sparse opportunities to actually shoot at goal. I can't imagine anything more frustrating for a striker than trying to fit into our "system ". Look at Leeds on Tuesday - 77% possession and two shots on target, with Samuel as our main striker getting seven touches of the ball the whole game. If I was someone like Nahki Wells for example and was approached by Reading I'd tells us to stick it.

Please, Doom! off, you miserablist.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Dec 2016 17:19

Muskrat Whilst it's self evident that we need a striker, my question would be why would any decent forward want to join us? If they'd seen us play they would know that they're going to see virtually nothing of the ball and get sparse opportunities to actually shoot at goal. I can't imagine anything more frustrating for a striker than trying to fit into our "system ". Look at Leeds on Tuesday - 77% possession and two shots on target, with Samuel as our main striker getting seven touches of the ball the whole game. If I was someone like Nahki Wells for example and was approached by Reading I'd tells us to stick it.

Yeah totally no player in their right mind would join a team in 3rd place in the Champ .... they'd have to be crazy. Maybe someone in League 2 but no-one else. Crazy.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 17 Dec 2016 22:14

Royalwaster

Yeah totally no player in their right mind would join a team in 3rd place in the Champ .... they'd have to be crazy. Maybe someone in League 2 but no-one else. Crazy.

+1 + plus the cash I'm sure we'd be quite likely to give them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Dec 2016 11:09

Royalwaster

Omar Bogle it is then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2016 11:16

Bogle just won League 2 goal of the month, that puts him out of our reach.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Dec 2016 18:59

Wages? Squad harmony? Working with Stam? Unhappy at current team? Life long secret passion for the club? Very convincing agent? Not getting enough first team football? Is scared of touching the ball too much? Is a pure poacher and only needs on average 7 touches a game to score a goal? There's plenty of reasons to join a team that currently look like a top 6 team.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 19 Dec 2016 11:39

We create fewer chances but they are usually really good chances, any forward would be happy with that

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Dec 2016 11:52

Scott Hogan has been out signalling his availability today....

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-12340583

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Dec 2016 12:06

I would actually like to see, on average, how many touches a striker actually gets. Not just for us, but for every club.

Sometimes the very best strikers, get very few touches and I think I'm probably right in saying that it is the position which sees the fewest touches out of any player.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 19 Dec 2016 15:32

lightning strikes Get Sam gallagher, tall, decent, young and might want a move to avoid relegation.

I don't think Southampton are in any danger of being relegated really.

Smithy

by Smithy » 19 Dec 2016 17:43

lightning strikes Get Sam gallagher, tall, decent, young and might want a move to avoid relegation.

DIDNT REALISE SOUTHAMPTON WERE FIGHTING RELEGATION :? :?

141 posts