The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by windermereROYAL » 31 Mar 2020 11:12

Looks like that thicko Russell Kempson has put his foot in it, I`m surprised he`s lasted this long, he really is useless. would love to know what a wrote.

https://twitter.com/readingfclive/statu ... 9221530624

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Mar 2020 12:20

windermereROYAL Looks like that thicko Russell Kempson has put his foot in it, I`m surprised he`s lasted this long, he really is useless. would love to know what a wrote.

:lol:

Does anyone actually like Kempson? Awful journo

Has this at the bottom of the latest article

This article has been updated from an earlier version published on the website.

We apologise to any offence caused in the initial version.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Mar 2020 13:36

windermereROYAL Looks like that thicko Russell Kempson has put his foot in it, I`m surprised he`s lasted this long, he really is useless. would love to know what a wrote.

Crap about his name which came across as xenophobic / racist. Screenshot here.

https://twitter.com/SimFromBucks/status ... 8827452417

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Mar 2020 19:17

muirinho

Crap about his name which came across as xenophobic / racist. Screenshot here.

https://twitter.com/SimFromBucks/status ... 8827452417

I dont think there’s much wrong with what he wrote in terms of it being racist, I think people are just picking holes there

It’s still an utterly bizzare thing to mention though and completely irrelevant. He’s a strange one

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Apr 2020 15:13

Pretty shambolic article all round. Stam left before Loader had even turned 18, and Clement and Gomes seemed to place a lot of faith in him.

Fair to say he hasn’t progressed or even really stepped up to the first team but getting into the stuff about his middle name is bizarre.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 27 Aug 2020 23:53

The local journalists have been stealing news left right and centre. I wouldn’t care normally, but it’s incredible they don’t even bother to credit one person in particular who knows more about Reading than any of our journalists do nor are they capable of consistently breaking news themselves. Pretty shoddy all round.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Aug 2020 00:24

Que sera sera

What will be, will be

Ian Royal or no Ian Royal.....just watching it play-out :|

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Aug 2020 12:38

TiagoIlori The local journalists have been stealing news left right and centre. I wouldn’t care normally, but it’s incredible they don’t even bother to credit one person in particular who knows more about Reading than any of our journalists do nor are they capable of consistently breaking news themselves. Pretty shoddy all round.

Agree - I know the role of a local journalist has changed from the good old days of the daily Evening Post but the role surely is to get local contacts etc?

I know that twitter guy Courtney who ever he is is slated on here as he gets it wrong sometimes but all the news comes from him which Low and radio berks just copy and paste

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Aug 2020 13:20

Mid Sussex Royal
TiagoIlori The local journalists have been stealing news left right and centre. I wouldn’t care normally, but it’s incredible they don’t even bother to credit one person in particular who knows more about Reading than any of our journalists do nor are they capable of consistently breaking news themselves. Pretty shoddy all round.

Agree - I know the role of a local journalist has changed from the good old days of the daily Evening Post but the role surely is to get local contacts etc?

I know that twitter guy Courtney who ever he is is slated on here as he gets it wrong sometimes but all the news comes from him which Low and radio berks just copy and paste

wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Low broke before Friday about the first fake serb news. Friday relies on contacts. His bitter contact has now left Reading FC so he is fighting for scraps. The fact he has DM'd Eddie for info and sourcing is just laughable.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 13:39

You are all forgetting Courtney Friday isn't a journalist, he left his job 2 years ago. He is a fraud and a fake.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2020 09:25

Old Man Andrews You are all forgetting Courtney Friday isn't a journalist, he left his job 2 years ago. He is a fraud and a fake.

not sure I've ever seen someone quite as rattled as this .
Did he steal your girlfriend or something ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Aug 2020 10:24

Nameless
Old Man Andrews You are all forgetting Courtney Friday isn't a journalist, he left his job 2 years ago. He is a fraud and a fake.

No I just like facts and accuracy. He isn't a journalist.

Sure he will appreciate you licking his arsehole out though, he likes that kind of thing. Go fcuk yourself.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 12:09

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

No I just like facts and accuracy. He isn't a journalist.

If you like them so much, you should try posting with them occasionally.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 12:31

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
bcubed Seriously how do you know he's fat?!

He doesn't.

A 45 year old man who lives in a bed sit, can't drive, no social skills, no kids must have something wrong with him. I'm just guessing at weight issues.

I'm not 45, I don't live in a bed sit, I don't have no social skills and I'm not fat.

So you're managing more accuracy than usual. Well done, keep striving to be better.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Aug 2020 12:39

OMA is this board’s Donald Trump.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2020 11:35

Courtney Friday with some BREAKING news, covering all the rumours that have already been posted on here today.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 11:51

Pepe the Horseman Courtney Friday with some BREAKING news, covering all the rumours that have already been posted on here today.

He got abuse in his inbox for it apparently, been crying about it for the past half hour.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2020 11:52

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Courtney Friday with some BREAKING news, covering all the rumours that have already been posted on here today.

He got abuse in his inbox for it apparently, been crying about it for the past half hour.

Lol, what did you say to him?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 11:59

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews

Lol, what did you say to him?

Absoultey nothing. He isn't worthy of any such effort.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 13:26

Lots of rumours from local journalists at the moment, but none about full backs. Don't we need more here? What's our plan if Yiadom or Richards is out?

888 posts