January Outs

353 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January Outs

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2019 15:29

Stranded Sims apparently heading back to Southampton.

Looked good in the Hull game, but every other time I have seen him play, he has looked out of his depth.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 03 Jan 2019 15:54

Hopeful
strap Quite honestly a "January Who Deserves to Stay" list would probably be a lot shorter !

Rinomhota
Yiadom
Swift (when played as a CAM behind striker)
Moore
Harriott
Bacuna
Bod
Kelly

and now i'm struggling..

(Edit: just re-read as "deserves to stay", so actually, maybe more like:

Rinomhota
Yiadom
Harriott

That's pretty much my list, too - although Kelly wouldn't make the cut and neither would Moore, probably. Oh, and Harriott - after ten mins against Swansea? Hmmm, not sure. And I'd like to sign Eza, please.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Jan 2019 16:26

Hound sounds like Pelle C has joined Stam at Zwolle

Ignoring his not inconsiderable wages, hazard a guess at how much this numpty cost RFC per minute he was on the pitch!

At a reported cost of 600k, each of his 1759 first team minutes cost RFC £341.10.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 03 Jan 2019 16:30

paddy20 If the plan is to get rid of players first there won't be much time to get in any new players by which time we will have lost another 4/5 games and be destined for Div 1
You do wonder if there is now an acceptance that after 4/5 seasons (bar 1) of fighting relegation we are saying to re-build we must accept our fate and re-build with youngsters from the lower league.

For me this would be one of the worse scenarios as I believe it will be so tough to get back that it will take us back to the bad old days which I can well remember of the 60's 70's and 80's when we just flitted between the old Div 3 and 4.

Watching Reading at Elm Park was the best times for me as a Reading fan, going mental in the South bank when we beat Plymouth after being 3 down and beating the mighty Wolves with two goals in the 90th minute by Archie Lovell is the stuff dreams are made of!!!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2019 16:34

strap
Hound sounds like Pelle C has joined Stam at Zwolle

Ignoring his not inconsiderable wages, hazard a guess at how much this numpty cost RFC per minute he was on the pitch!

At a reported cost of 600k, each of his 1759 first team minutes cost RFC £341.10.

1. I doubt he would've been on big wages as a 21 year old prospect
2. So that is roughly the same as 880 season tickets from each of the seasons he was here

Any people say that fans don't pay the players wages anymore.

Young prospects are successful, others aren't, thought he looked capable in the limited game time he had and wouldn't have been the first on my list to go.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2019 16:51

Crowbar6753
paddy20 If the plan is to get rid of players first there won't be much time to get in any new players by which time we will have lost another 4/5 games and be destined for Div 1
You do wonder if there is now an acceptance that after 4/5 seasons (bar 1) of fighting relegation we are saying to re-build we must accept our fate and re-build with youngsters from the lower league.

For me this would be one of the worse scenarios as I believe it will be so tough to get back that it will take us back to the bad old days which I can well remember of the 60's 70's and 80's when we just flitted between the old Div 3 and 4.

Watching Reading at Elm Park was the best times for me as a Reading fan, going mental in the South bank when we beat Plymouth after being 3 down and beating the mighty Wolves with two goals in the 90th minute by Archie Lovell is the stuff dreams are made of!!!

Agree up to a point but for me I would throw in the Bolton play-off final (despite the result) plus the Simod Cup final and those two away games at Brighton and Southampton to almost clinch promotion.
All of those were when playing at this level and, unlike many on here, I really don't want to go back to the third tier for a number of reasons, not least because I don't want to watch games in a half empty stadium-half-empty Elm Park still had an atmosphere but this place won't.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2019 18:24

Stranded
Hound I'm starting to come round to the view that now would be a good time to sell Moore.

Not been particularly impressed with him this season, or especially last season tbh. He isn't a great fit with either O'Shea or Ilori. Him and Blackett possibly, but then needs the latter to stop getting sent off by being braindead, or not being needed at LB

If we could still get some value, cash in and look to get a big lump to partner Ilori

The summer was the right time to sell Moore and one of the biggest mistakes the club made then was not doing so. We are now stuck in a cycle of diminishing returns..

Yeah, I think you've nailed it.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Jan 2019 00:29

Heard Liam Moore handed another transfer request in

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Jan 2019 02:48

Royal_jimmy Heard Liam Moore handed another transfer request in

Heard from some 16 year old spotty virgin on Twitter?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2019 09:11

confirmed House out on loan to Swindon for the season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Jan 2019 09:30

Shame it isn't McNulty. Imagine the club are desperately trying to offload him back to Coventry and happy to take a loss on him.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Jan 2019 09:47

Old Man Andrews Shame it isn't McNulty. Imagine the club are desperately trying to offload him back to Coventry and happy to take a loss on him.

Loan him out till end of season - if we are relegated we'll keep him. If he does well on his loan his value wont depreciate as much.
Think L1 is his level - but i do think he would come good eventually but we dont have the time or players to suit his style atm.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2019 10:43

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews Shame it isn't McNulty. Imagine the club are desperately trying to offload him back to Coventry and happy to take a loss on him.

Loan him out till end of season - if we are relegated we'll keep him. If he does well on his loan his value wont depreciate as much.
Think L1 is his level - but i do think he would come good eventually but we dont have the time or players to suit his style atm.

yeah that pretty much. Worth holding onto but definitely loan him out

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jan 2019 10:45

Coppells Lost Coat

Agree with this, he could do a job for us if/when we go down.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2019 11:19

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Hound I'm starting to come round to the view that now would be a good time to sell Moore.

Not been particularly impressed with him this season, or especially last season tbh. He isn't a great fit with either O'Shea or Ilori. Him and Blackett possibly, but then needs the latter to stop getting sent off by being braindead, or not being needed at LB

If we could still get some value, cash in and look to get a big lump to partner Ilori

The summer was the right time to sell Moore and one of the biggest mistakes the club made then was not doing so. We are now stuck in a cycle of diminishing returns..

Yeah, I think you've nailed it.

Been saying it since the summer, I can kind of understand the thinking behind giving him the new contract after the request but defensively we are not better if he is in/out of the team. Also worth noting that whilst players won't be too fussed about him handing in the request, a few will certainly have been pissed that he asked to leave and then got more money.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2019 11:21

tbh, turning down 10m for him seems a little ludicrous at the moment

I do suspect he has some sort of release clause if we go down, but obvs someone needs to pay that

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 04 Jan 2019 16:44

Was hearing in the summer that McShane’s injury was bad enough that retirement was a serious consideration. I would surprised if anyone took a punt on him this window

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 06 Jan 2019 01:46

From Gomes via the Chronicle - 5 players who have been told to find new clubs are being made to train alone, and aren’t allowed to eat with the first-team!

That’s not the usual way to handle unwanted players unless of course they’re known for unsettling the squad...

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 06 Jan 2019 03:05

Apparently Ilori interested in a move back to Sporting

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 06 Jan 2019 09:02

IRjAy From Gomes via the Chronicle - 5 players who have been told to find new clubs are being made to train alone, and aren’t allowed to eat with the first-team!

That’s not the usual way to handle unwanted players unless of course they’re known for unsettling the squad...

Doesn’t want too many numbers for an over inflated squad as you can’t work on what you want. Making it clear they aren’t in the first team picture at all will mean mentality changes in terms of actually leaving. Harsh but what more do you want them to do

353 posts