Rumour - Danny Loader

168 posts
Delboy

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader

by Delboy » 24 May 2019 06:35

Would you swop loader for Martinez with arsenal ?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 May 2019 08:06

Delboy Would you swop loader for Martinez with arsenal ?

Do we get a sell on fee or any cash for Danny as well?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2019 08:08

Yes. Three times over.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 May 2019 09:02

Snowflake Royal

Yes. Three times over.

If there was a couple of million on top to cover Martinez wages for the next couple of years and a sell on clause yes. TBH it would not help us FFP wise but under these circumstances yes I would. I think also this maybe away of them selling Martinez to us knowing we dont have the upfront cash. If it is the case I think Arsenal are likely to Loan Loader out so he may end up back with us next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 May 2019 09:05

Obvs would depend on Martinez wanting to come. If so then yes

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 May 2019 10:47

As he only has a year left on his contract, if he doesn't want to sign a new one this summer then we need to cash in now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 May 2019 11:52

How much did City pay for Roberts? Same sort of pedigree/first team appearances as Loader.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 May 2019 12:02

Pepe the Horseman How much did City pay for Roberts? Same sort of pedigree/first team appearances as Loader.

Undisclosed but thought to be about £12m according to Wiki.

19 appearances with 0 goals for Roberts

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 May 2019 14:18

linkenholtroyal
Snowflake Royal

Yes. Three times over.

If there was a couple of million on top to cover Martinez wages for the next couple of years and a sell on clause yes. TBH it would not help us FFP wise but under these circumstances yes I would. I think also this maybe away of them selling Martinez to us knowing we dont have the upfront cash. If it is the case I think Arsenal are likely to Loan Loader out so he may end up back with us next season.

You could structure a deal that would help us with FFP, a swap doesn’t have to have the same terms on each side.
We could sell them Loader for say £9 million up front and they could sell us Martinez on a deal structured over 3 seasons.
Isn’t Joorabchian closely involved at Arsenal ? He’ll be an expert at creative deals...

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 24 May 2019 16:52

CountryRoyal James Maddison went last year for £20m and Wilson has had a bigger reputation for longer.

It’s just madness that clubs are willing to gamble on players after 1 decent season at a club...never used to be the case used to be a good few seasons. Obviously it worked out for Leicester in the case of Maddison but can easily go the other way, eg Pritchard who never pushed on.

Best case would be sell Meite for a decent fee & start the season with Nelson, Novakovich & Loader (on a new deal who we can get big bucks for next summer)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 May 2019 18:02

You see, this is what’s pi55ing me off about football at Reading....and yes we are a “selling club” etc blah de blah.

We develop a player through our (decent) youth set-up, we blood him, then we sell him before we get to see the best of him, or even benefit (on the pitch) from the time and effort invested in him.

The £s come in handy buying somebody else's cast-offs.....yes....but this (imo) why we sometimes become so disenfranchised.

Keep him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 May 2019 18:29

AthleticoSpizz You see, this is what’s pi55ing me off about football at Reading....and yes we are a “selling club” etc blah de blah.

We develop a player through our (decent) youth set-up, we blood him, then we sell him before we get to see the best of him, or even benefit (on the pitch) from the time and effort invested in him.

The £s come in handy buying somebody else's cast-offs.....yes....but this (imo) why we sometimes become so disenfranchised.

Keep him

It is frustrating but if Loader doesn’t want to sign a new deal we will suffer financially. If he wants to sign a new deal then let’s keep him and sell the likes of McNulty and Baldock.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 May 2019 18:58

Again....this is what pi55es me off

The potential £ (both club and player) is more affective to the fans than the club than the actual game....so it seems

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 May 2019 19:24

AthleticoSpizz Again....this is what pi55es me off

The potential £ (both club and player) is more affective to the fans than the club than the actual game....so it seems

The money is vital to help keep us competitive.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 May 2019 19:30

Competitive.... selling our ‘potential Messi’s’ whilst buying everybody else's failures and has-beens?

How about getting our youngsters and home-grown players wanting to develop physically (footbally) and financially stay with Reading.......a bit like the ‘old’ days?

Again, it is the lack of connection with this town.

Loader has lots of connection with it

It’ll be a sad day to see some foreign (non-bothered) journeyman replace him for the sake of a few quid.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 May 2019 19:44

AthleticoSpizz Competitive.... selling our ‘potential Messi’s’ whilst buying everybody else's failures and has-beens?

How about getting our youngsters and home-grown players wanting to develop physically (footbally) and financially stay with Reading.......a bit like the ‘old’ days?

Absolutely. I'm tired of seeing us flog away our academy players on the cheap and re-investing it in utter rubbish

As for the poster above who said we need the money, that's true but there's many saleable assets in the squad, not our highly promising player from the academy. Put Swift, Barrow, Meite etc on the market and there will be interest so I don't want the usual suspects coming back with the "there'll be no interest in them" malarkey

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 May 2019 20:31

AthleticoSpizz Competitive.... selling our ‘potential Messi’s’ whilst buying everybody else's failures and has-beens?

Again, it is the lack of connection with this town.

Loader has lots of connection with it

It’ll be a sad day to see some foreign (non-bothered) journeyman replace him for the sake of a few quid.

Who says Loader is bothered? He hasn't signed a new contract, and I believe there have been a number of offers to him by the club. He may have connections locally, but that's not going to make him sign if he thinks (probably rightly) that he can get more money, and have a better career by going elsewhere. If he's going to walk away for nothing in a year, the club would be right to sell him to get what they can.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 May 2019 20:34

I rest my case m’lud

Meantime......those empty blue seats?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 May 2019 20:42

AthleticoSpizz I rest my case m’lud

In what way? How do you think Reading is in a position to compete with, say Arsenal, as an attractive proposition for a young player? What do you think the owners or the club can do to make Reading a better option than a top 6 club?

What magic wand would you wave, that would only cost "a few quid", that would tempt a player to turn down an offer from the likes of Juventus, in favour of ReadingFC.

Doesn't seem like much of a case you're building, tbh

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 May 2019 20:54

Build from the bottom upwards....

With respect, I think that you have missed my point.....the new Reading Way is just the Football Way

It stinks, hence those empty blue seats

168 posts