Celtic Eye Moore

123 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Celtic Eye Moore

by Denver Royal » 10 Jun 2019 15:51

It's as if living most anywhere outside of 'in and around London' is basically viewed as undesirable. The anti 'up-norf' comments and rhetoric in here is quite surprising at times, whether that be Scotland or wherever. It's unnecessary (imo), esp as there are Royals fans living up and down the UK.
If Moore goes there and signs a 3-year deal, it's not forever and then he could move back down (if he doesn't like it). I would imagine he'd go take a look and at least consider it.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 10 Jun 2019 16:00, edited 2 times in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 15:52

genome To be honest, if we are seriously thinking that one of our players wouldn't swap bottom half Championship football and year-on-year relegation fights for European football and consistent silverware, then country royal is pretty deluded.

corrected for you

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 16:04

genome To be honest, if we are seriously thinking that one of our players wouldn't swap bottom half Championship football and year-on-year relegation fights for European football and consistent silverware, then we are pretty deluded as a fanbase.

Contrary to some people on this forum, having a differing opinion doesn’t make you deluded. There are reasons Moore would want to stay at Reading, there are reasons Moore would move to Celtic. I think he’d try and stay here and aim for the Premier League (he’s well liked, he’s got a young family, he’s got a guaranteed spot in the XI). Some players may prefer the competitive nature of the Championship, you don’t know how players think so to call others deluded is ridiculous

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 16:05

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Decent wage, increased exposure, European nights, guaranteed trophies, good support, nice stadium, attractive city (with unattractive people). Is it the best club in the UK? No. Is it the best option outside the premier league? Absolutely.

Hell of a lot more exciting than Brighton. It's easy to shit on the SPL but Celtic are an historic and excellent club rich in history. They probably rank just below the top 6 and Newcastle in terms of club profile in the UK.

Disagree. Moore is ambitious and Celtic barely fit that. Win the league, get knocked out group stages, repeat...And is why Rodgers jumped ship from Celtic to Leicester (not too dissimilar sizes between Leicester and Brighton)

Reckon the gulf between Leicester and Brighton is a good 15-20 clubs.

Not that any of us are right or wrong here. If I was a 25 year old CB with little to no chance of playing for England I would jump at the chance to play for Celtic.

Yeah agreed, some people would, others wouldn’t. Although I’m not sure the gulf is that big between Brighton and Leicester

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2019 16:10

I think he’d certainly consider going. Whether Celtic could afford the fee and wages is another matter entirely

I can’t see it happening

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2019 16:15

URZZZZ
genome To be honest, if we are seriously thinking that one of our players wouldn't swap bottom half Championship football and year-on-year relegation fights for European football and consistent silverware, then we are pretty deluded as a fanbase.

Contrary to some people on this forum, having a differing opinion doesn’t make you deluded. There are reasons Moore would want to stay at Reading, there are reasons Moore would move to Celtic. I think he’d try and stay here and aim for the Premier League (he’s well liked, he’s got a young family, he’s got a guaranteed spot in the XI). Some players may prefer the competitive nature of the Championship, you don’t know how players think so to call others deluded is ridiculous

If you don't think he would consider it, then you are deluded. Sorry.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 16:26

genome
URZZZZ

Well yes he would consider it like any other offer but that’s different to your original statement

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2019 16:28

URZZZZ
genome
URZZZZ

Well yes he would consider it like any other offer but that’s different to your original statement

Not at all, unless you really want to get hung up on one word.

But then, sometimes I forget I'm on HNA :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jun 2019 16:29

URZZZZ

If he got into the Celtic team and played in Champions League, that would give him more exposure to a Prem move than continue playing for us.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Jun 2019 16:34

Hound I think he’d certainly consider going. Whether Celtic could afford the fee and wages is another matter entirely

I can’t see it happening

Celtic can easily afford the fee and wages, their average gate is around 58000

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celt ... -ssmg3d33m
Last edited by 72 bus on 10 Jun 2019 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2019 16:36

72 bus
Hound I think he’d certainly consider going. Whether Celtic could afford the fee and wages is another matter entirely

I can’t see it happening

Celtic can easily afford the fee and wages

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celt ... -ssmg3d33m

Hmm interesting. I stand corrected - that could certainly change things

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 16:49

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
Disagree. Moore is ambitious and Celtic barely fit that. Win the league, get knocked out group stages, repeat...And is why Rodgers jumped ship from Celtic to Leicester (not too dissimilar sizes between Leicester and Brighton)

Reckon the gulf between Leicester and Brighton is a good 15-20 clubs.

Not that any of us are right or wrong here. If I was a 25 year old CB with little to no chance of playing for England I would jump at the chance to play for Celtic.

Yeah agreed, some people would, others wouldn’t. Although I’m not sure the gulf is that big between Brighton and Leicester

Leicester are about the 10th biggest club in the UK right now I'd say. Top 6, Everton, Newcastle and Celtic ahead of them by my guess. Then just name any 15 clubs you want and put them ahead of Brighton...

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 10 Jun 2019 16:56

CountryRoyal Moore wouldn’t go to the SPL, he’s more ambitious than that.

Don’t be silly. He’d snap their arm off. Doesn’t matter that it’s a shambles of a league, it’s trophies, CL football... It’s a platform he can shine on and get a bigger PL move in a couple of years.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 16:58

Compared to us, maybe. But it’s not deluded to think he’d choose a relegation threatened premier league side over Celtic.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Jun 2019 17:04

Celtics record buy is 9m for Edouard the 2nd highest is 6m Chris Sutton way back in 2000, I would think we will be asking more than the latter. I doubt they will pay it.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 10 Jun 2019 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 17:04

CountryRoyal

Compared to us, maybe. But it’s not deluded to think he’d choose a relegation threatened premier league side over Celtic.

I'd hold out for a call from Rafa or Sean if I was looking for a realistic premier league move.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 17:05

windermereROYAL Celtics record buy wax Chris Sutton way back in 2000, I would think we will be asking more than that.

Sensibly run club.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 10 Jun 2019 17:17

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

I'd hold out for a call from Rafa or Sean if I was looking for a realistic premier league move.

Perfect fit for a Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Palace.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2019 17:22

WoodleyRoyal Depends what you want from your career, surely the aim is to win things? no? whether it be in some shit league or not. When you retire and have all these winners medals to show your grandkids it's not to be sniffed at. But of course, go and join Brighton and compete for 17th. I'm sure the grandkids will be interested in hearing the stories.

Winning medals > Surviving a relegation battle.

Alternatively if a player goes to a lower PL club then they'll be playing regularly against some of the best players in the world as well as in the league with the highest profile so play well week in and out and you should get seriously noticed.

At the end of the day it depends on the player, some will be drawn by the harder challenge in the PL while others will be drawn by the regular 1 horse race (at least until Rangers get themselves back anyway) and lots of medals for a couple of seasons.

As regards the transfer, some sources are saying Celtic would be likely to have to break their transfer record (rumoured to be around £8 million for Odsonne Edouard) to get Moore after Brighton supposedly tabled £8 million last summer before Moore signed a new deal with Reading.

Personally I can't see them doing that for a 26 year old player from the lower end of the Championship. But then football is quite mad when it comes to transfer fees.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 17:27

Wallsy
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Perfect fit for a Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Palace.

We can safely say Sheffield Utd will not be spending 8m+ on one player.

123 posts