257 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Any more out the door?

by Platypuss » 07 Aug 2019 11:49

Nameless
Platypuss
Hound Yeah of all the young players, McIntyre and Olise are the ones I’d most like to keep hold of. Loan for Tom is fine if we can recall

You can't recall loans for outfield players unless the other team agrees.

Presumably they indicate their agreement by signing a contract with a suitable clause included ?
Although I’d imagine many clubs would not sign up if the player might disappear at a moment’s notice.

EFL Regs.
One clarification - you can recall a full season loan during the mid season transfer window.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 12:36

Platypuss
Nameless
Platypuss
You can't recall loans for outfield players unless the other team agrees.

Presumably they indicate their agreement by signing a contract with a suitable clause included ?
Although I’d imagine many clubs would not sign up if the player might disappear at a moment’s notice.

EFL Regs.
One clarification - you can recall a full season loan during the mid season transfer window.

Depends what's in the agreement. All loans are different I suppose, with different clauses.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 13:17

WestYorksRoyal I'm not sure with Nova. Most would put Loader ahead of him, and given he is younger, I don't see Nova getting a chance. Gomes has had pre-season to look at him and he didn't appear close to the team.

He may also have a bit of market value given his 2 years in the Netherlands.

I see Nova as very different to Loader.

Loader has typically played deeper while Nova leads the line.

I worry Loader is one of those talented players that doesn't really have a position and will fail.

Makes sense to me to keep both. Nova as back up to Joao and Puscas (if he arrives) getting cup and sub minutes. One of those two is likely to be out at some point.

Loader competing with Swift and Olise for in behind similarly.

It's back to hoping Baldock goes for me. Nova is worth some cameos to see if he deserves and wants a new contract.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Aug 2019 15:13

loader looks like another cox/church non scoring goalscorers to me.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 15:20

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I'm not sure with Nova. Most would put Loader ahead of him, and given he is younger, I don't see Nova getting a chance. Gomes has had pre-season to look at him and he didn't appear close to the team.

He may also have a bit of market value given his 2 years in the Netherlands.

I see Nova as very different to Loader.

Loader has typically played deeper while Nova leads the line.

I worry Loader is one of those talented players that doesn't really have a position and will fail.

Makes sense to me to keep both. Nova as back up to Joao and Puscas (if he arrives) getting cup and sub minutes. One of those two is likely to be out at some point.

Loader competing with Swift and Olise for in behind similarly.

It's back to hoping Baldock goes for me. Nova is worth some cameos to see if he deserves and wants a new contract.

I think you need to stop being so obsessed with Nova. Gomes had a whole ore season to look at him and clearly doesn't rate him. He's 23 now and may need to move on.

Loader is 18 and could do with a league 1/2 loan.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 Aug 2019 15:30

Maneki Neko Loader looks like another cox/church non scoring goalscorer to me.

StellaPlease Loader is 18 and could do with a league 1/2 loan.

Agree, and that's been suggested in the past, but it met with 'that would destroy him, he'd get kicked around', etc.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 16:13

Maneki Neko loader looks like another cox/church non scoring goalscorers to me.

Have some faith. Like that song. Faith.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 17:20

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless
How do you work out that there are 3 ahead of him ?
How do you get a guarantee of football in another team ?
Managers decide what will benefit their team, not how they can help a youngster from another club develop. Taking a young centreback with no experience is going to be a risk, even if he is very good. If you are short of a centre back you go for an experienced pro. There may be an opportunity but Osho had a rubbish loan because Rovers decided to give one of their youngsters the experience and Iforget which of our young centre backs got stitched up at Pompey when the promised game time just never materialisec

Moore, Miazga and Morrison. It's pretty clear cut for the moment.

Sure I agree loans can fail. But so can sitting around not playing.

It really isn’t clear cut that Morrison is ahead of him.

Gomes said that McIntyre would have started v Sheff Wed had McIntyre not picked up a minor knock that forced him to miss most of training last week so it’s anyone’s guess what the CB pecking order will be in the eyes of JG once all are fully fit.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 17:24

Denver Royal

Agree, and that's been suggested in the past, but it met with 'that would destroy him, he'd get kicked around', etc.

Would help though if Loader actually got to play up front rather than midfield or fitting in as a “fluid” attacker.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 17:27

Sutekh
Denver Royal

Would help though if Loader actually got to play up front rather than midfield or fitting in as a “fluid” attacker.

Yep, his natural position is CF bust he doesn't have the strength of the know-how to play there yet

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 17:29

Wolves stepping up their interest for Loader apparently. I'm always loathed to lose good talent, but he has a year left on his contract and Olise looks a more exciting prospect at the moment. If we can squeeze £5m out of him, not ridiculous in today's market, I'd be tempted to accept.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 17:30

Yeah, we have no choice if that's the case. And from what I've seen, he won't develope as fast as we need him to.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 17:33

If Wolves are interested and Loader isn’t going to sign another contract, then yes - may as well sell

I don’t think he is quite ready for this level and doesn’t sound like he wants to hang around another season to find out if he is next year. Can certainly live without him now.

Little bit disappointed to be honest - been given a lot of chances and backing

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 17:34

StellaPlease
Sutekh
Denver Royal

Yep, his natural position is CF bust he doesn't have the strength of the know-how to play there yet

Really wouldn’t see him as a centre forward, although that depends what you mean. He’s not a classic, line leading number 9. He’s most effective playing deeper, not on the shoulder of the defender. Even he starts a game as the leading striker his instinct is to drop deeper and look to run at defenders. Ihink he’d work best playing off a bigger striker, his game would really work if he was feeding off knock downs and arriving late in the box.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 17:37

Nameless
StellaPlease
Sutekh

Really wouldn’t see him as a centre forward, although that depends what you mean. He’s not a classic, line leading number 9. He’s most effective playing deeper, not on the shoulder of the defender. Even he starts a game as the leading striker his instinct is to drop deeper and look to run at defenders. Ihink he’d work best playing off a bigger striker, his game would really work if he was feeding off knock downs and arriving late in the box.

No way is he a deeper player. Just no way.

He's been played there out if necessity.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 17:38

Hound If Wolves are interested and Loader isn’t going to sign another contract, then yes - may as well sell

I don’t think he is quite ready for this level and doesn’t sound like he wants to hang around another season to find out if he is next year. Can certainly live without him now.

It's very hard as a youngster to make your breakthrough season in a relegation battle with a team desperate for you to perform. Rino did it but he's a few years older.

With recent transfer activity, hopefully players like Olise and McIntyre can be given a chance in a less pressured environment.

I'm underwhelmed with Loader's achievements given the hype, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish at a club like Wolves if he moves on.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 17:39

WestYorksRoyal
Hound If Wolves are interested and Loader isn’t going to sign another contract, then yes - may as well sell

It's very hard as a youngster to make your breakthrough season in a relegation battle with a team desperate for you to perform. Rino did it but he's a few years older.

With recent transfer activity, hopefully players like Olise and McIntyre can be given a chance in a less pressured environment.

I'm underwhelmed with Loader's achievements given the hype, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish at a club like Wolves if he moves on.

Of wolves sign him, they'll only loan him out. He wouldn't get anywhere near their starting 11 for years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 17:41

I meant I disappointed in him choosing to leave rather than what he has done on the pitch

Understandable but still

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 17:46

Sutekh
Nameless
NotARacist Moore, Miazga and Morrison. It's pretty clear cut for the moment.

Sure I agree loans can fail. But so can sitting around not playing.

Gomes said that McIntyre would have started v Sheff Wed had McIntyre not picked up a minor knock that forced him to miss most of training last week so it’s anyone’s guess what the CB pecking order will be in the eyes of JG once all are fully fit.

Sauce?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 17:49

NotARacist
Sutekh
Nameless

Sauce?

BBC Berks post match interview on Saturday.

257 posts