Any more out the door?

257 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Any more out the door?

by Hendo » 31 Jul 2019 16:28

Hound Meyler gone

won't help our FFP though very much I doubt though

At the very least it will continue to show The FA that we are doing something about our situation.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2019 16:29

Hound Meyler gone

I bet we have paid up most of his contract and will be forced to do the same with Popa. Very surprised at the lack of interest in Gunter and GMac.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 16:30

I expect there is interest. Even in Popa. Its probably clubs trying to take them off us at the cheapest possible price, and thats what is being negotiated. They know there is a deal to be done with us.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 16:38

It will do more good than harm to our Ffp or we wouldn't have done it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2019 16:43

Zip
Hound Meyler gone

I bet we have paid up most of his contract and will be forced to do the same with Popa. Very surprised at the lack of interest in Gunter and GMac.

Good on the player though if they did accept a smaller lump sum settlement rather than having the entirety of their contract paid up.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 31 Jul 2019 17:06

Hound I expect there is interest. Even in Popa. Its probably clubs trying to take them off us at the cheapest possible price, and thats what is being negotiated. They know there is a deal to be done with us.

Or more likely waiting for them to leave by mutual consent then sign them for nothing

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jul 2019 17:16

paddy20
Hound I expect there is interest. Even in Popa. Its probably clubs trying to take them off us at the cheapest possible price, and thats what is being negotiated. They know there is a deal to be done with us.

Or more likely waiting for them to leave by mutual consent then sign them for nothing

There would likely be a big signing on fee for a free player anyway, so it doesn't always work out that well for the buying club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 17:28

Not if they’re rubbish

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2019 13:42

Smith loaned to Cambridge for the year

about as good as he was likely to get tbh

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2019 13:45

Hound Smith loaned to Cambridge for the year

Yep. He needs to make an impression there or his future is non League.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 02 Aug 2019 13:57

Next stop, national League South.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2019 14:00

Hound Smith loaned to Cambridge for the year

Nice Oxbridge double for Smith there. Probably qualifies him for a seat in the Boat race.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Aug 2019 16:51

Just Gunter, McCleary, Baldock and Popa left now. Let’s hope there’s some clubs out there willing to take a punt for them in the next week or so.

That said not actually sure whether Baldock is in or out, guess a new striker arriving will decide that.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 08:32

I expect Gunter to go. With all the incomings, I'd feel comfortable if we shifted Nova and Baldock too. Neither will be near the team now. Possible? Likely?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2019 08:41

WestYorksRoyal I expect Gunter to go. With all the incomings, I'd feel comfortable if we shifted Nova and Baldock too. Neither will be near the team now. Possible? Likely?

A given.

Probably could add Loader and Barrett to that list too.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 08:51

Keep nova, loader, Olise, McIntyre around the team for experience. Others out on loan would be good.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 08:55

I'm not sure with Nova. Most would put Loader ahead of him, and given he is younger, I don't see Nova getting a chance. Gomes has had pre-season to look at him and he didn't appear close to the team.

He may also have a bit of market value given his 2 years in the Netherlands.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 08:57

Sutekh Keep nova, loader, Olise, McIntyre around the team for experience. Others out on loan would be good.

Nova has 1 year left on his deal, If he isn't playing, he isn't staying beyond that. His star is still high in the Netherlands, so we should sell if Puscas arrives as expected.

The other 3 - Loader also in last year and not made any noises that he'll sign a new deal - would actually be ok with it if the club decided to get some money for him now.

Olise will be on the bench more often that not, McIntyre may be less so as Morrison offers cover at CB and full back.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 09:02

Stranded
Sutekh Keep nova, loader, Olise, McIntyre around the team for experience. Others out on loan would be good.

Nova has 1 year left on his deal, If he isn't playing, he isn't staying beyond that. His star is still high in the Netherlands, so we should sell if Puscas arrives as expected.

The other 3 - Loader also in last year and not made any noises that he'll sign a new deal - would actually be ok with it if the club decided to get some money for him now.

Olise will be on the bench more often that not, McIntyre may be less so as Morrison offers cover at CB and full back.

McIntyre should 1000% stay. He looks good enough. Miazga is on loan. Morrison is a bit older. McIntyre may well be a first team player next season, and we should give him first team exposure this year to aid development.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 09:06

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

McIntyre should 1000% stay. He looks good enough. Miazga is on loan. Morrison is a bit older. McIntyre may well be a first team player next season, and we should give him first team exposure this year to aid development.

Oh he should stay, just not sure he'll be involved massively. He could possibly even benefit from a 6 month loan at a top half L1 side.

257 posts