257 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Any more out the door?

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 11:17

StellaPlease
WestYorksRoyal
StellaPlease
You need wingers that can run at full backs. He can't do that.

No you don't. Did Beckham ever run at full backs? If you can use a bit of skill to buy space and put a good ball in the box that's fine.

Ok, I alert Real Madrid that we have another Beckham on out hands and that they can call off the Neymar move.

I clearly wasn't implying that. I'm simply saying there's more than one type of wide man and we have several options which can work there. Saying things like that just makes you look like a humpty.numpty

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Aug 2019 11:20

WestYorksRoyal
StellaPlease
WestYorksRoyal Nice cross for Meite's goal at the weekend. Lovely goal v Chelsea.

No you don't. Did Beckham ever run at full backs? If you can use a bit of skill to buy space and put a good ball in the box that's fine.

Glen Little - no pace, just beat people with skill, then beat them again and again and again and again and again, and then crossed the ball :D

Basildon

by Basildon » 08 Aug 2019 11:21

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal
StellaPlease

Glen Little - no pace, just beat people with skill, then beat them again and again and again and again and again, and then crossed the ball :D

Don't really see much of this anymore, most wingers are all about pace these days.

Man, do I miss Glen.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Aug 2019 11:23

Basildon
Hendo
WestYorksRoyal No you don't. Did Beckham ever run at full backs? If you can use a bit of skill to buy space and put a good ball in the box that's fine.

Don't really see much of this anymore, most wingers are all about pace these days.

Man, do I miss Glen.

+1 to that!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Aug 2019 11:26

If we can get money for Barrow today then cash in - he was truly dire on Saturday.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 11:40

Hound Barrow would be a loss, but if we got 3m-ish and his wages off the books, would be worth doing

especially if not happy, wanting to go/unsettled by interest from elsewhere, and the fee is decent

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Aug 2019 11:52

Platypuss If we can get money for Barrow today then cash in - he was truly dire on Saturday.

+1 Truly one of the most overrated players in a long time

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 12:11

Bid accepted for Modou Barrow. No other details as yet. Source is twitter though...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 13:25

hmm, JLow reckons the club are blocking loans for McCleary and Gunter and will stay instead. Odd if true.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Aug 2019 13:29

Bad call in my view. They're high earners and not needed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2019 13:59

Hound Barrow would be a loss, but if we got 3m-ish and his wages off the books, would be worth doing

Yeah. This.

Goes missing for vast swathes of the season. Going to be at the top end of our earners. Boye, Barrett, Baldock and Olise can cover his position to greater or lesser extents and if we sell him, we can always try to bring in a replacement.

Would be perfectly happy with £3m +

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2019 14:03

Hound hmm, JLow reckons the club are blocking loans for McCleary and Gunter and will stay instead. Odd if true.

Odd. But they're both good enough as squad players. If very expensive for that.

I don't mind Gunter playing half a dozen games at RB if Yiadom is out for a while, or covering Blackett at LB.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Aug 2019 14:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound hmm, JLow reckons the club are blocking loans for McCleary and Gunter and will stay instead. Odd if true.

I don't mind Gunter playing half a dozen games at RB if Yiadom is out for a while, or covering Blackett at LB.

Surely he'd be allowed back to train with the 1st team if his moves out are blocked? Seems like a pretty horrible way to treat them both - you can't play and train with us, but we won't let you play for anyone else.....

I can see why JLow thinks this is what is happening, given apparently there are lots of clubs interested, but nothing is happening. Doesn't make much sense to me though.

Only possibility is maybe they are worried Blackett is out for longer than originally suspected, and want extra cover. But still!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Aug 2019 14:19

muirinho
Snowflake Royal

Surely he'd be allowed back to train with the 1st team if his moves out are blocked? Seems like a pretty horrible way to treat them both - you can't play and train with us, but we won't let you play for anyone else.....

I can see why JLow thinks this is what is happening, given apparently there are lots of clubs interested, but nothing is happening. Doesn't make much sense to me though.

Only possibility is maybe they are worried Blackett is out for longer than originally suspected, and want extra cover. But still!

Kenedy plays anywhere on the left

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 14:21

muirinho
Snowflake Royal

yeah, I've no huge problem with either being in the squad, they both have their uses, esp if Barrow goes. McCleary for one, can cross - which I'm not sure is exactly a quality the others possess. Gunter obvs solid cover on the back 4

Just weird you'd boot them into the U23 then block a loan move. You either want them or you don't...

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 14:34

negotiation tactic.imo

we would prefer sales, but if they don't go through/cant be done there is more time to arrange loans after deadline

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 14:36

yeah, I've no huge problem with either being in the squad, they both have their uses
not at 20-25k per week, for me

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 15:19

Maneki Neko

negotiation tactic.imo

we would prefer sales, but if they don't go through/cant be done there is more time to arrange loans after deadline

Really ?
Surely the deadline puts a stop to loans as well....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Aug 2019 15:20

Can still sell/loan abroad or to lower divisions in England.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 15:51

Platypuss Can still sell/loan abroad or to lower divisions in England.

Until 2 sep

257 posts