Pedro Mendes

249 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pedro Mendes

by CountryRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 16:08

andrew1957 Cannot say I am sorry this move has failed. I just don't think another striker is priority and think that was more an agent led deal than a player we need.

The priorities are another full back, a defensive midfielder (Semedo?) and at least one wide player (Riquelme?). Keep what we have and three or four additions and we should have a competitive squad.

Again, just because this one has more public traction it doesn't mean we're not looking for the positions you mentioned.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 20:08

andrew1957 Cannot say I am sorry this move has failed. I just don't think another striker is priority and think that was more an agent led deal than a player we need.

The priorities are another full back, a defensive midfielder (Semedo?) and at least one wide player (Riquelme?). Keep what we have and three or four additions and we should have a competitive squad.

We have Puscas, Mcnalty and Baldock, we are fine for strikers :?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 16 Sep 2020 09:02

SouthDownsRoyal

Baldock is offski and McNalty is.... McNalty. Hardly a rich depth in backup options, especially as our star striker is injury prone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2020 21:36

CountryRoyal

Again, just because this one has more public traction it doesn't mean we're not looking for the positions you mentioned.

Resources are finite though. It's not that those positions are more important, though they are, it's that his position is not required.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2020 21:37

skipper
SouthDownsRoyal

Baldock is offski and McNalty is.... McNalty. Hardly a rich depth in backup options, especially as our star striker is injury prone.

If Baldock actually goes, the situation changes, a bit, ideally at least two would go to bring another striker in.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 21:55

skipper
SouthDownsRoyal

Please note the :?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Sep 2020 22:51

Formally announced -

https://mobile.twitter.com/UDAlmeria_En ... 2040137729

UD Almería and Sporting Portugal agreed the loan with buy option of Pedro Mendes.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Sep 2020 07:48

morganb Formally announced -

UD Almería and Sporting Portugal agreed the loan with buy option of Pedro Mendes.

Classy little reply from mafff there :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2020 11:26

From Despair To Where?
morganb Formally announced -

Classy little reply from mafff there :roll:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBjTndy9cm8

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Sep 2020 12:18

I used to think he unfairly got a hard time on here but the more I see of him on Twitter, the more I think you were all spot on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2020 13:38

From Despair To Where? I used to think he unfairly got a hard time on here but the more I see of him on Twitter, the more I think you were all spot on.

I remember him as good value who then went mental when he started getting twitter attention and thought he was influential and itk.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Dec 2020 19:20

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sporting160_ ... 1887765504

Pedro Mendes looks to be out at LaLiga2 side Almería. Portuguese manager José Gomes does not count on him anymore going forward, and he could be returned to Sporting from his loan early in January. Pedro has not logged a start a league match all season and has not scored or assisted either

Do we think Reading will try for him again in January (he doesn't sound particularly prolific though)?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 25 Dec 2020 20:09

No. Puscas has improved this season and so has Joao. Better off spending on the areas we really need first

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Dec 2020 09:08

TiagoIlori No. Puscas has improved this season and so has Joao. Better off spending on the areas we really need first

Sorry what?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 19:38

CountryRoyal
TiagoIlori No. Puscas has improved this season and so has Joao. Better off spending on the areas we really need first

Sorry what?

Why would we want a guy who can't start or score for Jose Gomes?

If we want a striker, which isn't a bad shout at all, we want someone on loan who preferably knows the English leagues and Championship in particular. Because once Joao, Meite and Puscas are back, they aren't likely to get a look in and we don't need a bloated squad of unhappy talent sitting on the bench or in the reserves being disruptive.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Dec 2020 20:19

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Sorry what?

If we want a striker, which isn't a bad shout at all, we want someone on loan who preferably knows the English leagues and Championship in particular. Because once Joao, Meite and Puscas are back, they aren't likely to get a look in and we don't need a bloated squad of unhappy talent sitting on the bench or in the reserves being disruptive.

No, I was questioning the comment about Puscas “improving” this season.

He’s only played a handful of times before being injured, I’m just not sure how we could make that prognosis.

Certainly not vexed about Pedrofl Mendes

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 20:31

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Sorry what?

He’s only played a handful of times before being injured, I’m just not sure how we could make that prognosis.

Oh. Puscas looked much improved. HTH.

:wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Dec 2020 08:46

Tbf to Puscas, he’s scored a goal every 139 minutes this season compared to 212 last season, so there is a measurable improvement! and yes, I’m aware there is a much smaller sample size this year so far...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Dec 2020 14:30

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Why would we want a guy who can't start or score for Jose Gomes?

Oh. Puscas looked much improved. HTH.

:wink:

Lol oxf*rd off :lol: Merry Christmas! X

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jan 2021 10:42

This one is cropping up again - whether he gets enough points to get a permit now though is another question.

249 posts