Pedro Mendes

249 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pedro Mendes

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Aug 2020 16:00

He's a striker isn't he?

Got to be one out one in with them surely?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Aug 2020 18:36

Snowflake Royal He's a striker isn't he?

Probably. He seems a very similar player to Joao so could be seen as a key signing.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Aug 2020 21:13

Stranded

Probably. He seems a very similar player to Joao so could be seen as a key signing.

So he can play all the games Joao misses through injury, which will be most of them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Aug 2020 13:59

72 bus
Stranded

So he can play all the games Joao misses through injury, which will be most of them.

Unless he turns out to be injury prone as well

yuomi

by yuomi » 10 Sep 2020 10:57

According to Portuguese rag 'The Record' (translation is google's):

- The future of Pedro Mendes , Sporting striker , will be resolved soon, according to information collected by Record. The young lion has several clubs as a possible destination, but everything indicates that the new phase of his career will take place in English football, more precisely in the Championship.

There's talk elsewhere of a loan to buy deal with a £5m price tag, but no confirmation on a club.

Haven't seen him linked with anyone else, but still not sure a(nother) striker is priority no.1 for us.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Sep 2020 11:08

If we’re getting him, I’m hoping we are shipping out at least 2 of the strikers we already have on the books

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Sep 2020 11:14

Notts Royal If we’re getting him, I’m hoping we are shipping out at least 2 of the strikers we already have on the books

This really, if Baldock and McNulty both go, then I am more than happy to get this guy in.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 11:27

Hendo
Notts Royal If we’re getting him, I’m hoping we are shipping out at least 2 of the strikers we already have on the books

This really, if Baldock and McNulty both go, then I am more than happy to get this guy in.

I still have a feeling Puscas might be off.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 11:45

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I still have a feeling Puscas might be off.

Wouldn’t be surprised with that, true.

Could be all three going

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2020 12:02

Considering how shite we were without Joao last season, I think this is more of a priority than people realise. Obviously still need to move your Baldocks/McNuttys on, but at least we're being proactive for a change. Assuming it's us, obvs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2020 12:59

Wasn't it OMA who assured us all that Swift and Moore would be gone before the season started?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 13:01

Snowflake Royal Wasn't it OMA who assured us all that Swift and Moore would be gone before the season started?

They will both be sold before the window shuts. When they are I will remind you about it forever, chump.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2020 13:05

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Wasn't it OMA who assured us all that Swift and Moore would be gone before the season started?

They will both be sold before the window shuts. When they are I will remind you about it forever, chump.

Which window is that Old Man Welcher?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 13:06

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Which window is that Old Man Welcher?

The window.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 16:51

yuomi According to Portuguese rag 'The Record' (translation is google's):

- The future of Pedro Mendes , Sporting striker , will be resolved soon, according to information collected by Record. The young lion has several clubs as a possible destination, but everything indicates that the new phase of his career will take place in English football, more precisely in the Championship.

There's talk elsewhere of a loan to buy deal with a £5m price tag, but no confirmation on a club.

Haven't seen him linked with anyone else, but still not sure a(nother) striker is priority no.1 for us.

His agent is based in London so there might be more preference to getting him an English move but nothing we don’t already know. Trying to find if the agency has links with Kia but as of yet unsuccessful.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2020 19:42

Another Portuguese paper saying he is off to Almeira in Spain. Obviously got wind of the quarantine so changed his mind.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Sep 2020 20:15

If he did sign I would like to see us move on Smith, McNulty and Baldock. That would leave us with Joao, Mendes, Meite and Puscas as striker options which would be good.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 11 Sep 2020 00:47

It’s not particularly clear whether athletes have to quarantine. The government website says they are exempt if they’re playing in a competition, however does that include players signing for clubs? Ceballos resigned for Arsenal and didn’t have to quarantine for example. Unless there’s very strict criteria for it since Ceballos did train with Real Madrid’s first team prior his move which makes sense given Paunovic had to.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 11 Sep 2020 09:56

Stranded Another Portuguese paper saying he is off to Almeira in Spain. Obviously got wind of the quarantine so changed his mind.

I’d rather live in Almeria than Reading too

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Sep 2020 10:17

Just to be "that guy" for a second, why are we looking at strikers right now? Can we please look at the holes in our squad first?

249 posts