Something sinister in the Championship

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Something sinister in the Championship

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Aug 2020 14:22

Hitchytwo
Snowflake Royal From what I understand, if Wednesday didn't do the creative accounting they'd have got a punishment for breaching FFP anyway.

Presumably if Derby sold the stadium at market value so would they.

From what I've heard on the news, Wednesday did sell there stadium but the sale was too late for the FFP and therefore did not count. As such they are still being punished for breaking FFP.

As I understand it Sheffield got done for including the ground sale in the financial year before the sale actually happened to comply with FFP criteria, so if the ground sale had been included in the correct accounts they would have been fined for a FFP breach. I don't think it is anything to do with what they sold Hillsborough for.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 02 Aug 2020 14:36

Pepe the Horseman Guys, can you please stop putting spaces in front of punctuation marks?

Thanks

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2020 18:37

Mid Sussex Royal
Hitchytwo
Snowflake Royal From what I understand, if Wednesday didn't do the creative accounting they'd have got a punishment for breaching FFP anyway.

Presumably if Derby sold the stadium at market value so would they.

From what I've heard on the news, Wednesday did sell there stadium but the sale was too late for the FFP and therefore did not count. As such they are still being punished for breaking FFP.

As I understand it Sheffield got done for including the ground sale in the financial year before the sale actually happened to comply with FFP criteria, so if the ground sale had been included in the correct accounts they would have been fined for a FFP breach. I don't think it is anything to do with what they sold Hillsborough for.

Is Hillsboro worth anymore than scrap value anyway ?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Aug 2020 16:58

That , is a good question .

One87One

by One87One » 03 Aug 2020 16:59

Westwood52 Rumours of Sheffield Weds malpractice have been surfacing since Xmas.For some reason the EFL will not be deducting the 12 points this season; but instead they will lose 12 points the season coming.

Who cares? This could be what keeps us up next season ...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2020 18:02

One87One
Westwood52 Rumours of Sheffield Weds malpractice have been surfacing since Xmas.For some reason the EFL will not be deducting the 12 points this season; but instead they will lose 12 points the season coming.

Who cares? This could be what keeps us up next season ...

Well in that case we care ! Although I don’t think it will be relevant to us.