Rumour - Olise to Leeds

127 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Olise to Leeds

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2020 09:52

FCReading1988 Looks like Leicester are showing interest in Olise now and are also willing to let Demarai Gray leave. Obviously don't want to lose Olise but inevitable that he will go unfortunately. Depends on whether he would be prepared to drop down to the Championship (and sign for Reading!) but I think Gray would be an excellent player at this level so think a swap deal could be a good bit of business (obviously with a substantial amount of money coming our way as well).

Demarai is still only 24 :shock: so wouldn’t be disappointed if that did happen. Can’t see it though as I’d be surprised if he’d want to drop a level but more importantly I can’t see Reading’s owners agreeing to sell Olise.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2020 10:15

FCReading1988 Looks like Leicester are showing interest in Olise now and are also willing to let Demarai Gray leave. Obviously don't want to lose Olise but inevitable that he will go unfortunately. Depends on whether he would be prepared to drop down to the Championship (and sign for Reading!) but I think Gray would be an excellent player at this level so think a swap deal could be a good bit of business (obviously with a substantial amount of money coming our way as well).

Would not be disappointed with £25m + Gray + Olise to remain on loan for the rest of the season.

Although I’m not 100% sure we’d be able to afford Gray’s wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 09:32

has to be a strong chance of Olise leaving in Jan I think. Another assist to go with his goals in the 2 previous games

Our owners are stubborn gits, but the money likely to be on offer would transform the finances. That'd be FFP solved and we've a ready made replacement in Swift coming back in. The lad is obviously destined for the Prem, and probably only fair to let him go with a huge thanks and best wishes of all.

I'd rather take Gray on loan tbh if that was an option. Finally feels like the wages are under control once Baldock and Aluko do one at the end of the season - with Swift and Moore only one year left on theirs as well.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Dec 2020 15:45

Hound has to be a strong chance of Olise leaving in Jan I think. Another assist to go with his goals in the 2 previous games

Our owners are stubborn gits, but the money likely to be on offer would transform the finances. That'd be FFP solved and we've a ready made replacement in Swift coming back in. The lad is obviously destined for the Prem, and probably only fair to let him go with a huge thanks and best wishes of all.

I'd rather take Gray on loan tbh if that was an option. Finally feels like the wages are under control once Baldock and Aluko do one at the end of the season - with Swift and Moore only one year left on theirs as well.

Papers are suggesting interest from Palace but having bought a similar player in Eze in the Summer I can't see why they would want our lad.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Dec 2020 01:24

Hound has to be a strong chance of Olise leaving in Jan I think. Another assist to go with his goals in the 2 previous games

Don’t agree tbh, think Olise would fare better staying here continuing his development, similar to Eze at QPR, he started there, playing regular football for two and a half years before joining the Prem, seems to have worked out quite well for him so far

Agree with Gray though, decent winger even if his career has stagnated slightly

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2020 13:28

The 72 website are saying that Leeds United and Liverpool are both going to offer the full £8m release clause in January.

How much truth there is in any of it, god knows.

https://the72.co.uk/209563/transfer-tus ... n-january/

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 13:33

some other similarly dodgy website is suggesting we are asking £30m+

127 posts