Rumour - Olise to Leeds

127 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Olise to Leeds

by muirinho » 05 Aug 2020 17:04

Snowflake Royal The Brighton move was much more recently than 2017 surely!

Wasn't it the summer before last, so 2018, which would mean his contract runs through the next two seasons?

It was summer 2018, correct. And he was given a 5 year contract, so he's here for another 3 years (unless we sell him of course)

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/a ... -contract/

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2020 17:40

muirinho
Snowflake Royal The Brighton move was much more recently than 2017 surely!

Wasn't it the summer before last, so 2018, which would mean his contract runs through the next two seasons?

It was summer 2018, correct. And he was given a 5 year contract, so he's here for another 3 years (unless we sell him of course)

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/a ... -contract/

Ker-ist.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Aug 2020 19:07

I think people are forgetting Morrison is a good 5 years older than Moore, so for me, we shouldn’t be basing our future partnership on him.

Have McIntyre & Moore played together yet? I know McIntyre flipping loves him, so it could bring the best out of Moore.

The Morrison signing reminds me of McShane, who was great for the first couple of years but then declined, due to age.

I know Moore’s had a poor season but some seem to have written him off. Yes maybe a move would be good for him & us, but I still think he’s got a lot to offer here

One87One

by One87One » 06 Aug 2020 12:22

Pathetic that might consider only £3-4m for a promising young talent like that. If we were a Forest or a Derby they'd be offering £9-10m.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Aug 2020 12:55

One87One Pathetic that might consider only £3-4m for a promising young talent like that. If we were a Forest or a Derby they'd be offering £9-10m.

Who's saying we would?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Aug 2020 14:31

If Reading FC are daft enough to sell Olise to Leeds for £3-4 when he could be worth £20M in a few years then we might as well sell all the players and wind up the club now - as I just see no point in going on. IMO it would be the height of insanity to sell one of the brightest prospects that have come through the Academy for years at a knock down price - especially if Swifty (who deserves his shot at the PL) is going too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2020 14:50

Notts Royal I think people are forgetting Morrison is a good 5 years older than Moore, so for me, we shouldn’t be basing our future partnership on him.

Have McIntyre & Moore played together yet? I know McIntyre flipping loves him, so it could bring the best out of Moore.

The Morrison signing reminds me of McShane, who was great for the first couple of years but then declined, due to age.

I know Moore’s had a poor season but some seem to have written him off. Yes maybe a move would be good for him & us, but I still think he’s got a lot to offer here

He's been very hit and miss for a while. And a lot of time relies on throwing himself in the way to get away with poor defending.

Morro isn't a long term solution but he's not going become shit overnight and was our best defender last season.

Moore and McIntyre won't work IMO because Moore has been consistently shit when played on the right side of CB and McIntyre is a left side player from the looks.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 06 Aug 2020 15:02

andrew1957 If Reading FC are daft enough to sell Olise to Leeds for £3-4 when he could be worth £20M in a few years then we might as well sell all the players and wind up the club now - as I just see no point in going on. IMO it would be the height of insanity to sell one of the brightest prospects that have come through the Academy for years at a knock down price - especially if Swifty (who deserves his shot at the PL) is going too.

Its a fire sale.We need the cash.We have to be realistic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2020 15:15

Absolute bonkers to think about Olise being worth £20m in a couple of years too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2020 15:54

Snowflake Royal Absolute bonkers to think about Olise being worth £20m in a couple of years too.

No it isn’t.
Although it’s hard to know where prices will settle so any estimates right now are difficult.
I’d say if he has 2 good seasons, playing consistently, adding goals to his game he could well be heading in that direction.
It’s optimistic but hardly bonkers. No one is suggesting he’s the new Sancho.
Although ‘bonkers’ is apt generally for the price paid for people who are good at football, so as a generic comment on overinflated transfer fees you’d be right

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Aug 2020 18:37

As mentioned before. I think unless someone offers a Sigurdsson size fee and a sell on then he's a player we should keep. £4m might sound a good fee but he easily could be worth double that if he develops his end product next season. A fee of £4m might cover Moore's wages for his last 3 years. But where's our creativity going to come from assuming Swift departs for a similar fee?

Good playmakers are hard to find for low fees/frees. It'd be a massive risk. To be fair having Olise as our only playmaker is a risk.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2020 19:28

Royal_jimmy As mentioned before. I think unless someone offers a Sigurdsson size fee and a sell on then he's a player we should keep. £4m might sound a good fee but he easily could be worth double that if he develops his end product next season. A fee of £4m might cover Moore's wages for his last 3 years. But where's our creativity going to come from assuming Swift departs for a similar fee?

Good playmakers are hard to find for low fees/frees. It'd be a massive risk. To be fair having Olise as our only playmaker is a risk.

Holsegrove looks likely to step up as well and is another exciting youngster.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Aug 2020 21:36

Nameless
Royal_jimmy As mentioned before. I think unless someone offers a Sigurdsson size fee and a sell on then he's a player we should keep. £4m might sound a good fee but he easily could be worth double that if he develops his end product next season. A fee of £4m might cover Moore's wages for his last 3 years. But where's our creativity going to come from assuming Swift departs for a similar fee?

He's a good player but can he play that playmaker role? Is that his strength? He definitely deserves a go in pre season to see what can do there, if we can afford it the club could do far worse than bring in some experience with creativity to help him and Olise through. Assuming Ejaria doesn't come back.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Aug 2020 11:27

Royal_jimmy
Nameless

He's a good player but can he play that playmaker role? Is that his strength? He definitely deserves a go in pre season to see what can do there, if we can afford it the club could do far worse than bring in some experience with creativity to help him and Olise through. Assuming Ejaria doesn't come back.

Think it’s fair to call Holsgrove a playmaker. He’s a different sort of player to Olise although there are some similarities. In terms of current players I think he’s somewhere between Swift and Adam, stylistically - not much of a dribbler but excellent technique, very good at passing in tight spaces. Olise has more strings in his bow. I wouldn’t want Holsgrove playing on the wing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2020 12:51

Royal_jimmy
Nameless

Yes, it's exactly his role.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Aug 2020 09:19

We can’t hold on to players just in case they are worth more in years to come or we would never thin the squad down. Anyone we can sell now we should, clearly get as much as we can but we aren’t In A position to sit on a huge squad in the hope we can maybe make more money in X years time.

Some players we sell will be worth more in years to come, some won’t, that’s the gamble.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Oct 2020 22:39

Daily Mail published an article on those players expected to leave championship clubs this window for big money fees. Olise features highly with Arsenal, Leeds and wolves are monitoring.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Oct 2020 08:41

paultheroyal Daily Mail published an article on those players expected to leave championship clubs this window for big money fees. Olise features highly with Arsenal, Leeds and wolves are monitoring.

It's bollocks. I'm sure he'll end up in the PL soon, but not this week. Would we even have time to sign a good replacement?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Oct 2020 08:53

WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal Daily Mail published an article on those players expected to leave championship clubs this window for big money fees. Olise features highly with Arsenal, Leeds and wolves are monitoring.

It's bollocks. I'm sure he'll end up in the PL soon, but not this week. Would we even have time to sign a good replacement?

Daily Mail..... stopped reading there !
These articles are just space fillers done from a desk, never consider them anything more than guesss work by people who probably know less than fans.
Seriously I cannot see us selling him at this point unless it is for crazy money with an immediate loan back. Even then it would seem unlikely given whatever is paid for him now could look like a bargain in 12 months.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Oct 2020 11:10

Is it true his contract expires in 2022? We may be fielding some low ball offers next year if so, even if he has a season like Maddison or Eze. Get him signed up longer term (along with Richards and McIntyre).

127 posts