Jackson Irvine

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jackson Irvine

by Hound » 11 Aug 2020 08:38

Is there actually anything in this rumour? Not seen it mentioned anywhere (though not looked very hard tbf)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Aug 2020 08:54

I used to fancy a bird whose surname was Irvine or it might have been Irving, I really can't remember.

I don't think I can comment, therefore.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Aug 2020 09:09

Hound Is there actually anything in this rumour? Not seen it mentioned anywhere (though not looked very hard tbf)

I think it was posted on twitter by @ITKREALFOOTBALLAGENT or similar.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Aug 2020 09:13

Hound Is there actually anything in this rumour? Not seen it mentioned anywhere (though not looked very hard tbf)

I think it's pure spaculation at this point, can't see any news stories linking Irvine to anyone right now.

Funny I found a story of him discussing Hull's play-off ambitions in Nov 2019, this was when they were 3pts off the play-offs on the back of a 3-0 away win against Fulham, what a come down.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 11 Aug 2020 11:52

tidus_mi2

I think it's pure spaculation at this point, can't see any news stories linking Irvine to anyone right now.

Funny I found a story of him discussing Hull's play-off ambitions in Nov 2019, this was when they were 3pts off the play-offs on the back of a 3-0 away win against Fulham, what a come down.

Rumours aren't always in the public domain.
Incidentally I think Irvine is the type of player that we wanted David Edwards to be.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 11:56

South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2

Incidentally I think Irvine is the type of player that we wanted David Edwards to be.

I’m guessing you’ve heard this from somewhere you would prefer not to reveal , fair enough, I’ve been told things by people that would never speak to me again if Ire eagled who they were.
Would you describe your source as credible, or is it literallyjust a vague ‘rumour’ ?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 11 Aug 2020 11:57

Nameless
South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2 I think it's pure spaculation at this point, can't see any news stories linking Irvine to anyone right now.

I’m guessing you’ve heard this from somewhere you would prefer not to reveal , fair enough, I’ve been told things by people that would never speak to me again if Ire eagled who they were.
Would you describe your source as credible, or is it literallyjust a vague ‘rumour’ ?

Credible.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 12:00

That’s good enough for me....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2020 12:09

Interesting that a Bournemouth based fan has inside knowledge on a signing of a player whose last club was in the North East.

You'd have to be bat crap crazy to pretend you had inside knowledge in those circumstances if you didn't, which lends credibility as does the fact Vic isn't one of the twitterati kids desperate for attention and to seem itk.

Curious as to whether it's first, second, third or even fourth hand though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 13:08

Snowflake Royal Interesting that a Bournemouth based fan has inside knowledge on a signing of a player whose last club was in the North East.

You'd have to be bat crap crazy to pretend you had inside knowledge in those circumstances if you didn't, which lends credibility as does the fact Vic isn't one of the twitterati kids desperate for attention and to seem itk.

He may currently be in exile but he’s an old school Reading boy and I suspect he has some good connections. Having met him several times I don’t think he would post for the sake of it, whether it happens or not is completely different. Must be hundreds of conversations going on that never come to anything

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Aug 2020 13:19

Famous name check.....

Jackson, Mississippi
Jackson Lake (the Next Doctor - 2008 episode of Dr Who)
Jackson Browne
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Irvine, Ayrshire
Hazel Irvine

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 13:30

Sutekh Famous name check.....

Jackson, Mississippi
Jackson Lake (the Next Doctor - 2008 episode of Dr Who)
Jackson Browne
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Irvine, Ayrshire
Hazel Irvine

Does this guy take set pieces ?

Looking forward to seeing Jackson’s Corner

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 11 Aug 2020 13:35

South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2

I like Dave Edwards, and I liked the player he was 5 years ago. Shame he was on the downward slope when he joined us. Hope the same wouldn't be true of Jackson Irvine, who at least is a few years younger

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Aug 2020 13:44

From Despair To Where? I think Hull fell apart the momemt they sold Bowen and Grosicki.

I really dont see Irvine linking well with Swift because if he joined us, it would most likely be as a replacement for Swift.

I am not so sure he will be sold and we still have gaps to fill, I dont think the offer will come in for Swift we want, Moore is worth more to us than what anyone else would value him at and same for Meite. Puscas is a big expensive gamble for someone else after 1 ok season in the championship . I think we will likely have all our big name players here next season.
Baldock & Aluko have another year of being a big earner and they will leave on a free as they are not an attractive proposition to anyone on the wages they are on.
So what are we left with the need a LB,a CM and 2 wide options as a minimum for next season to field a team week in week out. shopping in the bargain basement on free transfers that we give a chance.
LB Brad Smith free agent (ex liverpool youth / Bournemouth most recently on loan at Cardiff) 26 yrs old
CM Sign Irvine, 27 yrs old
WIde players. Bowler Free agent from Everton 23yrs old, I would love Jordon Ibe but i think he will get better offers 24yrs old so Andre Green is another free agent without a club.
these are all young players ish for Bowens young squad all free and we could get the lot for about 45k P/W (except Ibe).

This is the type of thing I am expecting and anyone who thinks any of our Star players s the owners see them leaving are much mistaken.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Aug 2020 14:33

South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2

Cool. Be interesting to see if it happens

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 14:41

linkenholtroyal
From Despair To Where? I think Hull fell apart the momemt they sold Bowen and Grosicki.

I really dont see Irvine linking well with Swift because if he joined us, it would most likely be as a replacement for Swift.

I am not so sure he will be sold and we still have gaps to fill, I dont think the offer will come in for Swift we want, Moore is worth more to us than what anyone else would value him at and same for Meite. Puscas is a big expensive gamble for someone else after 1 ok season in the championship . I think we will likely have all our big name players here next season.
Baldock & Aluko have another year of being a big earner and they will leave on a free as they are not an attractive proposition to anyone on the wages they are on.
So what are we left with the need a LB,a CM and 2 wide options as a minimum for next season to field a team week in week out. shopping in the bargain basement on free transfers that we give a chance.
LB Brad Smith free agent (ex liverpool youth / Bournemouth most recently on loan at Cardiff) 26 yrs old
WIde players. Bowler Free agent from Everton 23yrs old, I would love Jordon Ibe but i think he will get better offers 24yrs old so Andre Green is another free agent without a club.
these are all young players ish for Bowens young squad all free and we could get the lot for about 45k P/W (except Ibe).

This is the type of thing I am expecting and anyone who thinks any of our Star players s the owners see them leaving are much mistaken.

You are ignoring some very pressing reasons why we will sell......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2020 15:00

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Interesting that a Bournemouth based fan has inside knowledge on a signing of a player whose last club was in the North East.

He may currently be in exile but he’s an old school Reading boy and I suspect he has some good connections. Having met him several times I don’t think he would post for the sake of it, whether it happens or not is completely different. Must be hundreds of conversations going on that never come to anything

Oh agreed. No matter what I think of Vic, he's not on the spreadsheet as a billy bullshitter.

And definitely stuff happens that never goes through.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Aug 2020 15:18

Nameless
linkenholtroyal

Yes but also No if the owners don't want to sell they wont that has been proven before. I just get this feeling unless a stupid offer of 10 million + or a staged deal to get that much is put on the table for. Swift, Meite, Moore, Olise, Joao or Puscas they will still be here next year our owners are stubborn. What is more likely is Bowen will be told any of the rest are fair game at a reasonable offer to raise funds. if not you have 1.5 million from Barrow and 50k p/w in wages from the 150k P/W lost to plug your gaps. If you cant plug them use youth.

There is going to be no big money ins this year and no big money outs. so we will be looking at cheap options from the lower leagues, free transfers of youth players from the Prem/ Championship and maybe 1 or 2 seasoned pros from the Champ on a free hence my players I would pick above.

Its not like this has not served us well in the past the 106 side only had 1 player that cost the club 1 million our club record at the time Lita, the rest were under a million, free transfers and lower league prospects. I am not too worried as long as they get the scouting right.

What I would be worried about is getting Mcintyre, Richards and Holsgrove tied down to longer term contracts as they will be on a low amount and it would be terrible to lose them next season the same as Osho.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 17:29

linkenholtroyal
Nameless
linkenholtroyal I am not so sure he will be sold and we still have gaps to fill, I dont think the offer will come in for Swift we want, Moore is worth more to us than what anyone else would value him at and same for Meite. Puscas is a big expensive gamble for someone else after 1 ok season in the championship . I think we will likely have all our big name players here next season.

Yes but also No if the owners don't want to sell they wont that has been proven before. I just get this feeling unless a stupid offer of 10 million + or a staged deal to get that much is put on the table for. Swift, Meite, Moore, Olise, Joao or Puscas they will still be here next year our owners are stubborn. What is more likely is Bowen will be told any of the rest are fair game at a reasonable offer to raise funds. if not you have 1.5 million from Barrow and 50k p/w in wages from the 150k P/W lost to plug your gaps. If you cant plug them use youth.

There is going to be no big money ins this year and no big money outs. so we will be looking at cheap options from the lower leagues, free transfers of youth players from the Prem/ Championship and maybe 1 or 2 seasoned pros from the Champ on a free hence my players I would pick above.

Its not like this has not served us well in the past the 106 side only had 1 player that cost the club 1 million our club record at the time Lita, the rest were under a million, free transfers and lower league prospects. I am not too worried as long as they get the scouting right.

What I would be worried about is getting Mcintyre, Richards and Holsgrove tied down to longer term contracts as they will be on a low amount and it would be terrible to lose them next season the same as Osho.

Still ignoring the important bits then !
We need to not breach FFP. Although at the moment no one seems to know what that will involve I suspect we have to assume the rules stay unchanged.
Selling Barrow does not get us under the FFP limits. You can’t just talk about which players we might sign and who we may sell if you don’t recognise that we need to generate income do meet FFP. It’s not a question of the owners digging their heels in and not wanting to sell, if they do that we will have points deduction.....

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Aug 2020 20:37

Nameless
linkenholtroyal
Nameless

Still ignoring the important bits then !
We need to not breach FFP. Although at the moment no one seems to know what that will involve I suspect we have to assume the rules stay unchanged.
Selling Barrow does not get us under the FFP limits. You can’t just talk about which players we might sign and who we may sell if you don’t recognise that we need to generate income do meet FFP. It’s not a question of the owners digging their heels in and not wanting to sell, if they do that we will have points deduction.....

I concede, it does depend on where our exact position is with FFP, I am probably hoping that we are at a point where we are ok if we don't spend big due to the massive wage drop.
You think we are past that and need to sell a player to bring us back within it.
I am starting at 0 and you are at-1 and neither of us will know exactly either way if we have to sell one of the 'stars'. realistically though any players to fill the gaps will be free transfers, loans or lower league punts. there is going to be no marquee signings this year.